Traveling with friends - Linking Reservations?

Hi - we are traveling with friends in a few weeks and was wondering if we should link our reservations or is this not needed because we are cruising on the Beyond? 

We called Celebrity, they said they can't do it, but we can do it on the website or app ourselves, but I don't see it anywhere.

With The Beyond basically being all Anytime Dining, does Linking up reservations not matter?

Thanks for your help.  

If you go into My Celebrity, then click on Manage My Reservation it is right there, Link Reservations.  Just fill it in & you can link dining, etc.

I have done it only to book specialty dining.  If you have any time dining no reason to link.  Just show up together when you are ready to have dinner and you will be seated together. 

• Like 1

If you link the reservations then you both can access the reservations to buy shore excursions, specialty dining etc. It's not necessary, but can be helpful in some situations.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, If only said:

If you go into My Celebrity, then click on Manage My Reservation it is right there, Link Reservations.  Just fill it in & you can link dining, etc.

If it works. Both times I’ve tried I’ve had errors.  Last time it was “currency not compatible”.  My friends live a mile away from me in the USA.

I recently linked reservations for 2 other couples so as to reserve dining times together. I needed their reservation #s and birthdates! It took awhile to do so for 11 nights.

Ironically, since then whenever I sign in to Celebrity and go to upcoming cruises, all three reservations show with us in the middle!

8 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

I recently linked reservations for 2 other couples so as to reserve dining times together. I needed their reservation #s and birthdates! It took awhile to do so for 11 nights.

Ironically, since then whenever I sign in to Celebrity and go to upcoming cruises, all three reservations show with us in the middle!

When I've linked reservations Ivealways found the linked reservations listed in numerical order. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, zitsky said:

If it works. Both times I’ve tried I’ve had errors.  Last time it was “currency not compatible”.  My friends live a mile away from me in the USA.

I’ve had a lot of computer errors with Celebrity but this has worked for me  for years.  Anyone I have ever linked with has not had a group rate or through a TA could that be the problem.

Edited by If only

37 minutes ago, If only said:

I’ve had a lot of computer errors with Celebrity but this has worked for me  for years.  Anyone I have ever linked with has not had a group rate or through a TA could that be the problem.

I have a group rate.  Thanks.

27 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I have a group rate.  Thanks.

Us too and booked through a TA, so I guess this is why we cannot link our reservations.

It's good that it's not needed for dinner reservations as that was our main concern, but we wanted to buy our friends a few gifts/excursions as a surprise, but I guess we cannot.

thanks for the info 

1 hour ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Us too and booked through a TA, so I guess this is why we cannot link our reservations.

It's good that it's not needed for dinner reservations as that was our main concern, but we wanted to buy our friends a few gifts/excursions as a surprise, but I guess we cannot.

thanks for the info 

If you both booked with the same TA they should be able to link it for you, even with a group rate. 

I have found that even if you have the same TA, you might have different group rates. If this is the case, you often cannot link the reservations. 

Only when making dining reservations, is this important because they need to know the size of the table that you will need. Have everyone make their own reservations at the same time and place. Then when you board the ship, simply go to the Maitre D of that restaurant and let them know what reservations want to sit together.

9 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

If you both booked with the same TA they should be able to link it for you, even with a group rate. 

Unfortunately we did not use the same TA ....but I am pretty sure because we are on the Beyond, we don't have to worry about dinner reservations. 

On 5/25/2024 at 4:31 AM, zitsky said:

Had that problem but may TA was able to do something and join them.  

Mine made not sense as I was paying for both room on the same credi card, and both were in USD even though the other room was for my SIL/BIL who are from Scotland. 

Last Nov I linked my MIL and her sister non suite cabin to our CS cabin. The reason I linked the reservations was to book Murano for 6:30. Even with the reservations linked I could not book 6:30pm for the 4 of us. I could book just the 2 of us for 6:30. So I called the 1-800 number for Retreat guests and I got the date and time I wanted. 

While on the ship I wanted to know how much OBC I had left. So I went to ask the Retreat Concierge. He said you can see your OBC on your MIL tv in her cabin. He had no interest in helping me. He also said it did not really matter as both cabins have the same CC on file. You would think that the OBC would be linked to the reservation that OBC was given too.

I do understand X and their IT department have issues. Just thought I would have better service from the Retreat Concierge.