Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

1 hour ago, tinaincc said:

When did you request the status match?

I never did. I already had accounts with Royal, Silversea, and Celebrity. It happened automatically.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNSails said:

What was interesting was that she said something like "Zenith's with 3000 points will always be admitted... which all the Zenith's currently have." 

Untrue!  Many of the new Zenith members that earned Pinnacle do not have 3000 points on Celebrity.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MNSails said:

What was interesting was that she said something like "Zenith's with 3000 points will always be admitted... which all the Zenith's currently have."  It seemed like a weird way to describe it - as if they were adding a Zenith tier lower than where it is now, so less than 3000 points, who get certain perks but what would get retreat access.

IMO it’s a pretty understandable way to explain it. Zenith’s with 3,000+ points get the standard Zenith treatment but Zenith’s with no points (or less than 3k) have the perks/benefits curtailed.

The whole thing is still very odd to me since it’s very lop sided in favor of RCI guests. Zenith to Pinnacle doesn’t really do much. Maybe we’ll see more name badges on Celebrity very soon 🫥

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Haha 6

37 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

IMO it’s a pretty understandable way to explain it. Zenith’s with 3,000+ points get the standard Zenith treatment but Zenith’s with no points (or less than 3k) have the perks/benefits curtailed.

I think you're right and it was just a weird way to describe it.  I thought they were focusing on language like "Pinnacles gets Zenith-level benefits" instead of "Pinnacles ARE Zenith" - with the latter the points comment makes more sense.  

I find this "traditional" versus "kind of" Zenith rather odd.  So there are folks like me and my husband who have more than 3000 points and then the "kind of" Zeniths with less than 3000 but who are pinnacles on RC.  And I agree -- it is lopsided in favor of pinnacles.

• Like 1

I still dont understand why a business would not give points if you spend your money on one of the cruise lines under their umbrella.  Status match. hmmph. more importantly, If you want to keep me spending my money with you, and I book RCL or Silversea, award my loyalty to the brand

Hotel chains do

• Like 3

21 hours ago, chamima said:

We are Elite Plus on Celebrity.

Status match gives us 350 days on Silver Sea.

When I look at their loyalty program it says one gets a free 7 day cruise for that level.

So can we get our first cruise on Silver Sea gratis?  🤭

No --- That is expressly excluded.  Fine Print -

3. VS members who receive complimentary Member Level status in VS through the Loyalty Status Match Program are excluded from certain Member Level benefits that are only available to VS members by reaching the published qualification requirements as set forth in the VS Program Rules (“VS Excluded Benefits”). Members cannot combine, add or stack any VS Days or any other qualification requirements to achieve a higher Member Level status. For more information, visit https://www.silversea.com/other-resources/venetian-society.html.  

• In addition to the VS Excluded Benefits, the following benefits are not available to VS members who receive complimentary Member Level status in VS through the Loyalty Status Match Program: 
    i. Sail With Us Referral Offer prior to first Silversea voyage.  
    ii. Complimentary cruises 
    iii. Milestone recognition during the Venetian Society Party 
  •  
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

I still dont understand why a business would not give points if you spend your money on one of the cruise lines under their umbrella.  Status match. hmmph. more importantly, If you want to keep me spending my money with you, and I book RCL or Silversea, award my loyalty to the brand

Hotel chains do

Hotel chains also purge the status ranks every year of “under performing “ guests   That usual is nights and dollars. Cruise lines don’t do that but probably should 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tfred said:

Hotel chains also purge the status ranks every year of “under performing “ guests   That usual is nights and dollars. Cruise lines don’t do that but probably should 

Disney does. 5 years no cruise? Reset to 0.

Purges all those kids who got to Platinum and Pearl on Mommy and Daddy's dollars then took time off from cruising while building a career after moving out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tfred said:

What I was speaking about is not purging points!  Rather if one sails on Silversea or RCL, you should earn points.   By allowing point accumulation across their 3 lines, just might entice people to stay within the brand. ie not go to Oceania, Regent etc

On 5/30/2024 at 1:01 PM, bigbenboys said:

I have been looking at Silversea. Friends have asked us to join them in Jan on Silver Moon.

We are in the moon in January.  It will be our 2nd ssea.  We have elite status in Celebrity and will be thrilled with laundry 🙌🏻🙌🏻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Disney does. 5 years no cruise? Reset to 0.

Purges all those kids who got to Platinum and Pearl on Mommy and Daddy's dollars then took time off from cruising while building a career after moving out.

It seems that many adult kids are still living with Mommy and Daddy.

10 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

I see where a poster said you have to trigger this latest change. 

I am Diamond on RC and Elite on Celebrity now ...will I need to "up grade " to the latest Shared Status?

I checked my Venetian Society account yesterday and it showed my 250 day status without me doing anything.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Maybe that refers to you have status but not points when you cross-match. So those RCCL cruisers who have matched in as Zenith but who do not have the points on Celebrity would not be admitted. They'd have to earn the 3000 points by cruising X and starting at 0 (or whatever amount they had if they had sailed Celebrity before)?

So the Retreat lounge host will have to check each guest's name against a list upon entry instead of just quickly showing your room card?

Same for Luminae and the Retreat sun deck?

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:
  •  

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

No --- That is expressly excluded.  Fine Print -

3. VS members who receive complimentary Member Level status in VS through the Loyalty Status Match Program are excluded from certain Member Level benefits that are only available to VS members by reaching the published qualification requirements as set forth in the VS Program Rules (“VS Excluded Benefits”). Members cannot combine, add or stack any VS Days or any other qualification requirements to achieve a higher Member Level status. For more information, visit https://www.silversea.com/other-resources/venetian-society.html.  

• In addition to the VS Excluded Benefits, the following benefits are not available to VS members who receive complimentary Member Level status in VS through the Loyalty Status Match Program: 
    i. Sail With Us Referral Offer prior to first Silversea voyage.  
    ii. Complimentary cruises 
    iii. Milestone recognition during the Venetian Society Party 
  •  

I didn't really expect to get that free cruise.

I do have a serious question about the highlighted benefit above.

If we have no status on RCCI or Celebrity we get a referral offer for our first Silversea cruise but if we DO have status we lose that offer? (And what exactly is a "Referral Offer?)

Thanks

10 hours ago, riandei said:

We are in the moon in January.  It will be our 2nd ssea.  We have elite status in Celebrity and will be thrilled with laundry 🙌🏻🙌🏻

I agree, we are doing a SSea next March for the 1st time and with our Celebrity Elite status we get free laundry.  Now that is a perk - not coming home to masses of washing

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

What I was speaking about is not purging points!  Rather if one sails on Silversea or RCL, you should earn points.   By allowing point accumulation across their 3 lines, just might entice people to stay within the brand. ie not go to Oceania, Regent etc

at the moment RCG think that mirroring the status across lines is enough. Maybe that will change

Sooner or later they will start to weed out low profit guests no matter what their status. What will drive this is access to Retreat lounge. That is the X premier product and they will not allow that to be clogged with the DYKWIA crowd pushing the  full fare paying suite pax from the bar. Airline clubs already do this for a reason - too many people with low profit status. 

Royal cruiser here.  Personally for us, this is great.  We have been wanting to cruise more with Celebrity but hesitate because our D+ perks on Royal are so good. Royal is becoming too family focused for us with the huge amusement park ships.   We want longer, better itineraries which makes moving over to Celebrity natural. SS is interesting us too with some itineraries we’d otherwise never have the opportunity to do. Having perks with the larger company may keep us from going over to Viking, Regent etc. I think that’s the point of all this. This gives a cruiser a wide choice of price and itineraries within the same company.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, chamima said:

So the Retreat lounge host will have to check each guest's name against a list upon entry instead of just quickly showing your room card?

I don’t think Zeniths of any stripe get Luminae or sun deck access unless sailing in a suite.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

I don’t think Zeniths of any stripe get Luminae or sun deck access unless sailing in a suite.

2 hours ago, chamima said:

When we were on the Ascent and not staying in a  suite our card gave us access to Luminae but was programmed so that it did not open the doors that would access the Sundeck, even the door from the lounge to the stairway up to the Sundeck.  So they should be able program cards to restrict access to the Lounge as well.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Harrisonkid said:

I see where a poster said you have to trigger this latest change. 

I am Diamond on RC and Elite on Celebrity now ...will I need to "up grade " to the latest Shared Status?

Call the CC at 1-800-760-0654 or create a Celebrity account. You can use the same Login and Password you use for your RC account.