Zenith 25% specialty restaurants discount

We have not been successful getting the discount applied once onboard, although some have. 
We have been told, by Guest Relations, MaitreD, and Retreat Concierges on 3 different ships that it only applies to bookings made on board.

We now wait until we board to book.  That actually worked out well on our April cruises as we got  2 for 1 at one restaurant and 30% off 2 others.

• Thanks 2

We also have done it onboard with great success at each restaurant.  When it did not happen at Eden and we did not have a good experience, our dinner was completely refunded.

Unable to to prior to cruise.    I usually just have the Retreat Host make the adjustment after boarding.    I did have a problem with that on Apex and after asking the Retreat Hosts (all 3) and the Retreat Manager (2x), I wrote the Hotel Director via attention to detail form.   It was fixed within an hour.    They would just assure me it would be taken care of (after I had already dined).   It wasn't a great amount of money but just became the principal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've never had a problem having my 25% discount applied once onboard to a reservation that I made prior to sailing.  But......I maybe I've just been lucky!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jcpc said:

I've never had a problem having my 25% discount applied once onboard to a reservation that I made prior to sailing.  But......I maybe I've just been lucky!

I've never had a problem  except for that one time on Apex.   Last cruise I had a reservation I had made and paid for but then got Upgraded to a RS.   The concierge took care of in in 3-4 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have never not been able to get it adjusted onboard.  Sometimes the waiter is a bit confused, but we have always been able to get the maître d' to do it, or now that we can use the lounge we ask the Retreat concierge to handle it for us ahead of time as soon as we board

• Like 1

I specifically asked the F&B about this onboard Reflection last week. Policy is that you will be refunded the 25% discount, but no refund of the full gratuity paid when booked pre=cruise.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I have never not been able to get it adjusted onboard.  Sometimes the waiter is a bit confused, but we have always been able to get the maître d' to do it, or now that we can use the lounge we ask the Retreat concierge to handle it for us ahead of time as soon as we board

We had both the Retreat Concierge  & Maitre D not do it more than once.  One time RC “ restaurants are fully booked and the only way to do it is to cancel and then try and rebook.   There is a wait list so I can’t guarantee you will clear the waitlist before the end of the cruise.”  
Maitre D said “ sure I’ll take care of”  2 different ships neither discount occurred. 
We have given up and just book once on board.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

It applies every time one dines in a specialty restaurant.

Thank you 

cost + 18% less 25%
or

cost less 25% plus 18%

both come to same I think 

versus planner “sale” price which includes gratuity. 
Will watch out for sales! 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1