The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday June 13th, 2024

38 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I have a problem that I’m hoping somebody on here can help. CC is telling me that I need to get a new email account as the one I have has rejected too many emails from them. I only have one email account and I really don’t want another.

I would try just re-inputting your email.

if you happen to have an iPad or iPhone. It’s easy to set up an apple email and amazingly it works better on ships.

20 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

ON OUR WAY!

TERRI

goo Lucille.  Travel these days seems fraught wirh delays and problems.  

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@summer slope I had this same thing a year or so ago. The only thing I did was change my CC password and have not received any trouble so far.

I haven’t had any real trouble, it’s just up at the top of the page where your notifications are. I have a red circle that tells me about my email problem.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon.  DH has an appointment tomorrow morning at UTSW for another shunt adjustment.  It is at 9 am, so we have to leave no later than 7am.  I may not be around until after we get back from Dallas.  We just hope the traffic isn't too bad tomorrow.

I'm also doing another happy dance this afternoon.  My passport card arrived in the mail today.  All that is left is the old passport which should be here soon.

@Lady Hudson Katherine, an early Bon Voyage.  I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise.

images.jpg.9ce5158ed7cf79d1bdec2393e26359ee.jpg

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, just wanted to let you know, we haven't been to tomorrow's port, so you don't need to waste time looking for my pictures.

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny afternoon, tomorrow is supposed to be hot with possible thunderstorms. Next week is supposed to be hot and humid. 
Shirl is back to being unhappy after last night she had said she liked the place and would stay. She called a little while ago and asked why she was there and when did she agree to it. She plans to leave as soon as she can and hung up on my brother. He sent her son a text. She also wanted to know if anyone was taking care of her house.
Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

You and your BD are angels to take Shirl's calls and to try to help her adjust while keeping her DB in the loop.  I hope she will adjust to her new home soon.

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:
We have been a few times in the Port of Zeebrugge and from there made tours to Brugge and also to Ghent .
When we were on the Prinsendam on May 17th , 2019  we chose to go to Ghent so because I saw lots of pictures of Brugge today I better show my pics of the other very beautiful city of Ghent . We went there wit 6 of us in a taxi who dropped us off near the centre of town and than in the late afternoon picked us up again .

We started off with a walking tour , had a delicious special Belgian treat and than took a canal boat tour .

image.thumb.jpeg.7e3f521635571a8a6ec4ec531639f653.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4b447f927804b75ca6e921b464d2ae19.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f131e2d72629a7c86f237237e6af12cb.jpeg
Facade of the Marriott Hotel 

image.thumb.jpeg.898228bfdf70e87aec7a3a4c5f48c3f2.jpeg
An amazing modern inside of the Marriott Hotel we went through on the walking tour .

image.thumb.jpeg.3b456b729b29be7bb82c65211c8793c6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1341bcd4f3ce8849b823ce791276628a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.22abbbd4ba4d94724d6b192d0f0f7771.jpeg

From the top of the castle
image.thumb.jpeg.cad63b1a4962fbfc0edce3b479a32ca3.jpeg

That would take a while making up your mind , which beer would I like  ………..500 sorts of beer ……! ...and they all have their on glass ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.097f1999a21d01f01b938a1f8211bf33.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a16bb4b5029b70df700cdfceab155077.jpeg

In this small street behind the scene you can go wild with the spray cans 

image.thumb.jpeg.47a293bf499b7b0d67b8c93c3d3cd998.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12d3d8ec6e7bb2b9a83f70486eea4eeb.jpeg

After the walking tour we went for a very special Belgian waffles at Max  

image.thumb.jpeg.47b7e793e9a1aa43cb44f1c32d14ee24.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.598d7016d9c7f578a69cc1e5a6400f75.jpeg

They have been there since 1755 ! 
image.thumb.jpeg.58935ce7e12329e1e7a462bb2252e9a9.jpeg

After the waffles time to relax on the Canal boat tour 

image.thumb.jpeg.c3aaf3a28df00c6993b7e16204bd8349.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4fbc17049ff586dfc028eb7498039f00.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0a93535c6cf73dc158d08eeb30d35cfe.jpeg

Look at that very small house between the 2 large ones 

image.thumb.jpeg.9b3885cd8070857565ea2984c6a31b59.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.979587e8f1fe0c3788404d1444d16256.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e32cf4aa66209cae259a4b1e05bcc249.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bc0a14cd7fcb5da629d054d4354e0690.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6c1b4b0b4538e48a40fd9a46b4f8b2a8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.eb18c7998019a4ad9c77f07b8a6b72f1.jpeg

A very nice day was had by all and by the way we always talk about French Fries , they are not originally from France , they are  originally from Belgium and they still are the best in Belgium and of coarse the Netherlands !!! 

image.thumb.jpeg.5493ae2b778f74f1ed897731b00c89d2.jpeg

Have a great day everybody and until next time 

Tony😁😁 

Tony, thanks for the pictures of Ghent.  We might have to give the town another try, and hope it's not raining or on a Sunday.

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Well, besides dealing with Shirl and her issues, Ikust received a letter that my Neurologist is leaving Hershey as of June 28th. The letter doesn’t say who is replacing him. I guess that’s why I received a previous letter that my appointment was changed because he would be out of the office that week. I wish they would’ve been more specific about his replacement.

Oh no, about your neurologist leaving the practice.  It would have been nice if you had learned sooner, and been given information about the new doctor.

39 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Love the peonies!  @Overhead Fred mine are similar and @Vict0riann  ooh, please pace yourself,  with your upcoming surgery.  

Great advice from @kazu   You can never have enough chocolate, and Bruges is in a special category!  

@smitty34877 glad you are feeling a little better! 
@Cruzin Terri safe travels, hope you’re feeling better. 

We may have trouble giving our granddog back, lol!    Not great news on the water front, two workers were seriously injured so work has stopped for awhile.  Hopefully they’ll be okay and things can resume.  

Brenda, it is always hard to give the granddog back.  I'm sorry the two workers were seriously injured.  I hope they will be all right.

25 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

undefined

undefined

Funny Axe Throwing Pun

40+ Best Axe Puns - Box of Puns

40 Best Axe Puns Box Of Puns, 53% OFF | www.balsanjo.com

Axe Pun Merch & Gifts for Sale | Redbubble

Axe Throwing Jokes Hotsell | www.intermountainjournal.org

Funny Army Of Darkness Trick Axe Movie Humor Classic Round, 57% OFF

More good memes, John.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good evening. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

No axe throwing for me, never heard of Doe B, and I'm pretty good in the kitchen, with the occasional klutzy moment. Interesting quote. I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine. I was in Zeebrugge on my TA last year, and long ago on a land trip. A good day in history.

It's hot here, currently 86F and sunny. Whew, I'm tired. Up this morning and drove to BFF's. Got him in to his PCP's office (pushing a wheelchair over a ramp with those bumps was almost comical). Then back to his place. I then did an errand returning something. Then off to the hospital lab for bloodwork (I was still fasting at 1:30PM), then seeing my eye doctor. It's quite the walk from the parking lot to the office, so I went slowly and used my cane.  Thankfully my eyes looked good, despite being off the injectable med for 6 weeks. I knew I was heading home near rush hour (it seems to go from 1PM to 7PM!). Traffic was awful and I thought there must be an accident. Nope. Almost 1-1/2 hours to get home (it's a 20 minute drive with no traffic). I'm just now breaking my fast.

@StLouisCruisers Sorry to hear you're feeling blah today. Excellent photos from Brugge.

@0106 Thanks for your Zeebrugge photos. 

@Mr. Boston I hope your physical was uneventful.

@LambKnuckles I've had trouble getting my sourdough bread sour enough. I find leaving it a good while in the fridge (12-18 hours) after shaping helps. My recent bread, made from starter that had languished in the fridge unfed for a while and was then rejuvenated, is nicely sour.

@Mtn2Sea Lovely photos. 

@dfish I'm glad you got a date for the nerve ablation procedure.

@grapau27 Thanks for the photos and the day explanation.

@smitty34877 I'm glad to hear that the ladies are much better, but sorry to hear that now the men are affected. I hope they're feeling better quickly.

@Overhead Fred Lovely peonies and the family connection is so nice.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice photos from Brussels, Zeebrugge and Ghent. 

@marshhawk I hope the washing machine situation is all fixed. And are you ok after your fall? Sorry your appointments got delayed.

@rafinmd Prayers that all goes well with your procedures tomorrow. Thanks for the maps today.

@ger_77 I'm glad DH did well at cardiac rehab. I can understand the difficulty if the heart rate won't rise with activity. I was once on high dose beta blockers and experienced the same thing. I hope his cardiologist can fix the issue (maybe some reprogramming of the pacemaker?). Not a fun job - I have 2 built-in cabinets that have all my glassware, and I can see the dust inside; one day I'll clean it all.

@luvteaching Good for DS for continuing his education. And you are fortunate he is able to do so many jobs around the house. 

@Vict0riann Good news that Pat is safely home. You've got a lot going on, and also your upcoming surgery. Get some rest.

@kazu I hope the CT scan gives some guidance for treatment for you.

@Cruzin Terri Fingers crossed all goes well. But you are prepared and the 5* service was a great idea.

@sailingdutchy Great photos Tony.

@1ANGELCAT Sorry you're losing your Nephrologist. I hope the new one is a good fit. 

@bennybear Sorry to hear about the injured workers. I hope work can resume soon.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 10

Fingers crossed for @Cruzin Terri!

I knew I forgot to mention something and it was about the Kitchen Klutzes.  Yes, I am in that group.  It is a subset of the Messy Painters Guild and the Messy Bakers Club.  I also agree that being a klutz is not limited to the kitchen.  I can be a klutz just about anywhere.

@smitty34877 Terry, I believe you are the one who responded to my desire to hike Jordan Pond.  I've wanted to do that for a long time.  We set out to do it a few years back and missed the bus by a couple of minutes and had to wait an hour for the next one.  Then, the bus we were on broke down and we had to wait for a replacement bus.  By the time we got there, we had time to look at the lake and go back to town to catch our tender.  I'm hoping we have better luck this time!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, dfish said:

I knew I forgot to mention something and it was about the Kitchen Klutzes.  Yes, I am in that group.  It is a subset of the Messy Painters Guild and the Messy Bakers Club.  I also agree that being a klutz is not limited to the kitchen.  I can be a klutz just about anywhere.

@smitty34877 Terry, I believe you are the one who responded to my desire to hike Jordan Pond.  I've wanted to do that for a long time.  We set out to do it a few years back and missed the bus by a couple of minutes and had to wait an hour for the next one.  Then, the bus we were on broke down and we had to wait for a replacement bus.  By the time we got there, we had time to look at the lake and go back to town to catch our tender.  I'm hoping we have better luck this time!

Lou and I did this when we were younger and had the kids with us in Bar Harbor. We did it again on our last Montreal to Boston cruise. I am sorry you were thwarted! It is such a lovely place.

• Like 11

Back from the Urologist - f/u visit for the kidney stones. I took the reports for the 4 tests/panels the ER had done & he was able to access the images via their system. He showed me the stones - 1 lower in the right which caused last week's pain & 3 more up higher plus 1 up high in the left.

Gave me a strainer and a hat, said to go to his hospital if I can't get through the next round and they'll call him in. He scheduled another scan for late next week.

Says given my A1C is good & I have no history of high glucose, no need to worry about the elevated glucose as it's likely a response to the stress. Same for the other things that were out of whack. Also said no need to f/u on the liver cyst that was noted in the scan report.🤷‍♀️

So it's all good until it's not.

A Mavs🏀 victory would help me feel better.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

...Wonderful group of folks here, I so enjoy reading every day!

Hi - I was thinking just yesterday I wondered what you were up to - hoping enjoying yourself on a cruise and having loads of fun. I haven't popped in to the other thread lately, so I'm glad you posted here.😎

• Like 11

Good evening Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report. 

It was nice reading everyone's posts today and catching up with what has been going on. 

I am very busy at work.  That being said, it is work I enjoy doing, so the day goes by quickly. 

Take care everyone! 

20231102_042927.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hi - I was thinking just yesterday I wondered what you were up to - hoping enjoying yourself on a cruise and having loads of fun. I haven't popped in to the other thread lately, so I'm glad you posted here.😎

Thank you....we are spending until October 1st in Utah workamping.  Unfortunately due to health issues with my partner we cancelled our 2025 Alaska cruises.

We really enjoy our workamping gigs, we only work 25 hours a week keeps us busy.

We are "eyeballing" the June 2025 HAL 28 day Legendary Alaska cruise.

This fall, health permitting, we will settle in Yuma, then hit the road and drive back east to visit family before the cold sets in. See the grandkids, and visit my 96 year old mom before driving back to Yuma.

Susan

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 0106 said:

@Nickelpenny Koningsdam 1/4-11?   I’ll be onboard and continue on to Hawaii.  I believe @ottahand7is doing the same.  Come join the Roll Call.

We will board the Konigsdam on 1/11 and stay aboard until 3/22.  Still working on motivation for wine country and botanical gardens for leg #1.  I think we have a short window in Enseneda that may put a crimp in any extended wine tours. Noon or 2pm arrival.   A good one was Wine and Tacos on Viator so far.  

@Cruzin Terri  glad to read you are under way back to the US.  

Fishing was good for John today, less so for me but it good to get out on the water.  

IMG_20240613_110318670_HDR.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Well Crusin Terri flight from Barbados should be arriving momentarily, however her flight to Jax is now delayed until midnight and not arriving until almost 1:30 am. 
What a nightmare trip.🥲

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Lou and I did this when we were younger and had the kids with us in Bar Harbor. We did it again on our last Montreal to Boston cruise. I am sorry you were thwarted! It is such a lovely place.

We love Acadia and usually always go out to hike.  Last summer was different.  It was so crowded that it was not at all enjoyable.  We kept having to move off the trail to let families carrying coolers to the beach pass by us.  From now on, we only go after school starts or before it gets out.  That may be a road trip.

• Like 11

We got to Miami early and our flight to JAX is leaving at 11pm.  We will make it and our luggage made the connection.  All is good.  We will drive home in the morning.

Tomorrow is another day and I will sleep in my own bed tomorrow night.  YAY!

Terri

• Like 21

Flight to JAX is leaving EARLY.  Whoever heard of this happening.

We are in the Flagship Lounge.  Five Star Rep will be back in a few minutes to take us to the plane. 

Tomorrow.

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dfish said:

Debbie, as I uspected, Messy Painters Guild, Messy Bakers and Kitchen Klutzs are related, the last two particularly.

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

Back from the Urologist - f/u visit for the kidney stones. I took the reports for the 4 tests/panels the ER had done & he was able to access the images via their system. He showed me the stones - 1 lower in the right which caused last week's pain & 3 more up higher plus 1 up high in the left.

Gave me a strainer and a hat, said to go to his hospital if I can't get through the next round and they'll call him in. He scheduled another scan for late next week.

Says given my A1C is good & I have no history of high glucose, no need to worry about the elevated glucose as it's likely a response to the stress. Same for the other things that were out of whack. Also said no need to f/u on the liver cyst that was noted in the scan report.🤷‍♀️

So it's all good until it's not.

A Mavs🏀 victory would help me feel better.

Sounds like you got a goid report over all today.

5 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Flight to JAX is leaving EARLY.  Whoever heard of this happening.

We are in the Flagship Lounge.  Five Star Rep will be back in a few minutes to take us to the plane. 

Tomorrow.

Terri

Terri, glad things are finally working out.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from Jacksonville with all our luggage.

It is 2:13 am and I am just heading to bed.

Will post sometime later today when I wake up.  Might not be until I get home.

We made it without a mishap.

Terri

• Like 17
  • Thanks 7

43 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good morning from Jacksonville with all our luggage.

It is 2:13 am and I am just heading to bed.

Will post sometime later today when I wake up.  Might not be until I get home.

We made it without a mishap.

Terri

Terri I’m so glad to hear you made it to Jax with no incidents. Hope you sleep well and have a good drive home Friday. 🤞

• Like 8