Sometimes it’s okay to be fed up.😜

June 17th…. OMG the magical date when all will be right with Princess Dining!! The best of all worlds… you want old school traditional, we got that! You want flexibility to eat when you want, but you know exactly when that will be on a daily basis. We got that! You want the true loosy goosy freedom of I’ll eat when I want… we got that too!

Except that maybe, just maybe… achieving that isn’t so easy??? 

OMG Princess!! What were you thinking? 😜

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, canadarocks said:

June 17th…. OMG the magical date when all will be right with Princess Dining!! The best of all worlds… you want old school traditional, we got that! You want flexibility to eat when you want, but you know exactly when that will be on a daily basis. We got that! You want the true loosy goosy freedom of I’ll eat when I want… we got that too!

Except that maybe, just maybe… achieving that isn’t so easy??? 

OMG Princess!! What were you thinking? 😜

There's still about 1.5 hours left of the work day in Santa Clarita.

• Haha 4

I have 3 cruises booked in December, not even going to go near the app today.  I fully expect it to a) not be ready

b) overloaded and crashing

or c) does it really matter if I book today or Thursday or Friday, probably not so wait I will

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

There's still about 1.5 hours left of the work day in Santa Clarita.

Ya I’m sure they’ll figure it all out by then and that will certainly make everyone happy. And I have no doubt that all’s well that ends well.. 😜

Edited by canadarocks
  • Haha 1

Fortunately our next bookings aren't until late next year. Hopefully they will get the dining reservations figured out by then. I'm not at all surprised folks find it non-functional today.

• Like 2

Kinda hoping my post would generate more “tongue in cheek” sarcasm… 

Please please let us all not be so “Covid Complacent” that we’ve lost our humor at incompetence. 

I know this isn’t worthy of anger… maybe ..but maybe not

But it’s definitely worthy of sarcasm, right? 😆

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Kinda hoping my post would generate more “tongue in cheek” sarcasm… 

Please please let us all not be so “Covid Complacent” that we’ve lost our humor at incompetence. 

I know this isn’t worthy of anger… maybe ..but maybe not

But it’s definitely worthy of sarcasm, right? 😆

If I say that Princess has fully lived up to my expectations on this will that be sarcastic enough? 🤣😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

My entire day has been consumed with trying (unsuccessfully) to resolve Princess app issues today. I've spoken to guest services/reservations, Ocean Navigator (IT?), our BDM, Polar Support, and anyone else who cared to listen. Nothing resolved. I give up.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I tried once on the app today, without success.  I gave up many tries AGO.  

And when was the last time Princess promised a date AND actually met the deadline?  Hmmmmm Medallion ship (PreCovid), Sun Princess, Star Princess, Dine My Way, need I say more?

"Loving This" thread.  

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Haha 1

Love this thread! Down under we don’t expect anything from Princess - we should consider ourselves lucky that they still want to send ships down here!

• Like 4

Maybe my young grandkids should get an IT position with Princess.  The app is terrible and has been since it was implemented. Could not finish my check in until I deleted my credit info and resubmitted

Posted (edited)

Is this caused by the dining changes ?

I haven’t paid my balance yet so cannot even attempt to book dining. 

Does anyone know which restaurants are doing which dining option on sky princess ?

Changes are effective from September 14 onwards according to email I received(UK) ? Is that the same for you in the US ?

I think the 3 dining options is a good idea - P&O do similar but it does result in big queues for the anytime no reservations restaurant - so implementation may be troublesome. 

good luck 🤞 

Edited by paulatsea

7 hours ago, phabric said:

On Facebook, a person called in and was told the app is not ready and no date given.

So far, in my case at least, the only thing that Princess has managed to accomplish is to delete the reservations that I already had. This is for a cruise in February 2025. Any guesses as to whether they'll have this fixed by then?

It was posted on the other Dining thread, that on  Twitter stated that the date is now is July 1 for booking dining reservations.

I had  dining reservations for my B2B Sept 2024 and Nov 2025, they are disappeared..

• Haha 1

Everyone is so privileged that they can worry about when their going to eat months in advance.  There are some that have to worry about when they're going to eat, period.  This function will be fixed soon.  I do, however, wish that Princess would make an announcement this function ready rather than announcing a firm start date only to have to reneg.  Deja vu of when the Princess Cruises App was almost a month late from the anticipated date of release.  Princess is notorious for this behavior, so I'm not really surprised.

• Like 1