The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday June 18th, 2024

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

A few months ago or maybe longer, a few people recommended a private company for Rome.  I cant remember the name. I am looking to find a driver to take us from the port (Civi) and around Rome. Dont need to go in anywhere, just a drive by will be fine. 

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have used Stefano's Rome Cabs several times and I've been very happy with the service I received (romecabs.com)

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, kochleffel said:

TSA inspection will be required. Passengers had access to their checked luggage for customs, and so could have transferred something into their hand luggage.

Thank you for this information.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you Elizabeth. The Celts were on their game this year. 

Yes they were. At least it wasn't a sweep - we did manage to get 1 win 😉

Your boys are certainly deserving. I can only imagine the parades.

• Like 14

Good morning and thanks all.   We’re thankful we have had rain, collecting it in lots of containers.  

@cunnorl we’ve used Stefano’s  Rome cabs numerous times and they are wonderful. If you need to book well ahead.

DH will celebrate sushi 

IMG_4237.jpeg

IMG_4292.jpeg

IMG_3354.jpeg

IMG_3049.jpeg

IMG_0747.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

@Sharon in AZ yesterday's thread is locked, so I'm continuing the Limon discussion here. 

My family that has been there for some time is Kline. My aunt & uncle were Donna and Nick Kline; cousins that you may have gone to school w/are Joe, DaLonna & Aaron. Only Aaron still lives in Limon (in the house he grew up in), Joe lives across the country and DaLonna lives elsewhere in CO. My other family name that lived there until fairly recently was Wilson. Neither of those are my last name🫡

Also have family in Bennett. 

Small world.

• Like 12

Good morning, 

We're having a nice day here in the Pacific Northwest with the next few hitting close to 80. Today is PT and then heading south about 30 minutes to Arlington area to visit friends and to get the wife set up on the Princess app as she's sailing with me in August. Tomorrow is the pool and then DS may start on installing baseboards. He got his grades for his first quarter back in school after 30 years out and he got two A's and a B. Quite proud of him! 

Will celebrate Clark Kent, no on sushi, and the meal looks good. Wine would be fine. 

Have a good day!

Karen

• Like 21

Good morning (just) to all. It is not as hot as yesterday and we may... mind I say may.... have some rain headed our way in the next few days. Southern New Mexico could certainly use it.... the fires there look awful. Evacuations without even having time to grab anything... just being told to get out NOW!!!.

A very unexciting day today and I have to say it is the way I like it. Quick trip to the store for cleaning supplies and a bit of food early this morning. Now I am doing laundry and just working my way through the house armed with dusters, floor cleaner and mops. It is slow work as I move rugs, chairs, sofas, etc. Will probably burn out mid-afternoon but I plan to make this a multi-day project. Also, load the car for the thrift store again ... I may have one bookcase completely emptied out and will get it on its way to the dump as quickly as a pickup truck becomes available. The book case .... a cheapie years ago -  is not holding up well.

Best wishes to all for a good day ... and hope health issues are getting resolved.

Susan and the very bored dogs who do not see the need for cleaning

• Like 21

Late good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I loved Clark Kent/Superman growing up.  In fact, I think watching him fly around inspired my childhood recurrent dream of flying out of my garage and flying around the city looking at things; the garage door had to be open or I couldn't fly.  I remember this distinctly!  I don't understand hate speech from people; it upsets me when I hear it and I often heard it from my mother and grandmother against certain people though my grandmother toned it down a tad as she grew older.  And I love sushi; I wish I could make it but I can go buy it.  Ha-Ha!  I may just need to go get some.  I don't think I agree with the quote at all.  The meal sounds lovely, no on the drink, maybe to the wine, and never been to the port.  Cheers to Amelia!!

ScreenShot2024-06-17at18_18_02.thumb.png.f111b89412f5ba66ca1690440ef77e8f.png

Boy, the heat seems to be everywhere.  While I enjoy heat, for those of you in the midst of it - stay hydrated and cool and no AC problems!! (as I sit here in my 85F living room with the door open feeling a tad chilly!!).  And the fires!!  The one in Ruidoso looks so scary!!  I have a friend who is from there and she is worried about her family.  

ScreenShot2024-06-18at11_09_45.thumb.png.e9a9e9ebfa5b73accda4774bb2d38c23.png

Had my second counseling session via zoom this morning.  It is a RUSH study and we will see if it works.  I have to change my thinking a tad and maybe I am ready now - who knows.  And the NP will arrive this afternoon.  I have to be nice (but I think this is such a waste of time but I will be a good patient).

IMG_7933.JPG.f012e2d36d065eefc0d2a16d551c5eba.JPG

@marshhawk Congrats on the fantastic feedback from your boss!  It always feels good to be appreciated.

@Cruzin Terri I so sorry you still feel bad.  No need to keep retesting if you still have symptoms because you can test + for up to 90 days post infection.  Go by your symptoms and it is recommended you can return to your regular activity once your symptoms are better and you have been fever free for 24 hours.  Then, if you go out, wear a mask for 5 days.  (I hope you don't mind me giving advice; this is what I did while working for the Health Department.  You can tell me to shut up anytime and I will not be offended!!)

@grapau27 that dessert looked so yummy!! I have done something similar but yours looks fantastic!!  Mine, not so much!!  I will have to try again!!

IMG_2679.thumb.JPG.45058cf71567486554164501a11518e7.JPG

Thoughts for all who are in the way of fires, heat or any other concern.  Cheers to those celebrating (and staying cool!!)  Have a great day everyone!!IMG_7934.thumb.JPG.15c67db586dbc3f95c5fdbd0937b2679.JPG

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

A very late good morning to all!

I never watched Superman, countering hate speech should be every day, and someone else can have my Sushi. 🙂  The meal sounds yummy but I'll pass on the wine and drink, have not been to the port.

I'm very late today because I slept over 10 hours (!) Feeling a little bit better, at least so far this morning, but the headache is hanging on.  Besides that, DH and I spent some time this morning deciding on what cabin we want for that Princess cruise -- and now we're booked!  It will be Nov. 2-9 round trip LA with an overnight in San Francisco, a day in Ensenada and a long day in San Diego.  Thank you @Haljo1935 and @SusieKIslandGirl for the tips and advice!!  Now I need to download the Princess app.  I had already been looking at the Crowne Plaza for the hotel, it seems to be highly recommended on CC and Tripadvisor.  It will be interesting to see how Princess compares with HAL.

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad your DH is still testing negative but sorry you still are feeling bad.

Gerry @ger_77 I also love Miracle Whip and grew up with it.  I prefer it over mayonnaise in most things like tuna salad and potato salad. For a sandwich I use mayonnaise. 

@Overhead Fred What a gorgeous Peony!  Thank you for sharing.

@cunnorl I highly recommend romecabs also.  

We're finally rid of the rain, yay!  Hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Pork in any form not being in my plans, it appears that dinner tonight will be green beans (from the farmers' market on Monday), and salmon.

Until I do real shopping, I don't have many other choices. Because of what TCM diagnoses as deficiency of spleen qi--which fits my symptoms better than western diagnoses--I'm not having any cold foods or beverages for a while. This is a very inconvenient week for that.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

had already been looking at the Crowne Plaza for the hotel, it seems to be highly recommended on CC and Tripadvisor.  It will be interesting to see how Princess compares with HAL.

I booked early and kept a watch on prices. I think I rebooked 3 times for a lower price. The senior price ended up better than the member price.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

HBD Clark Kent. Every day should be counter hate speech. I don't eat sushi (fish), although I know there are some vegetable dishes. I like the quote. The meal is good for a fall day. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine. I haven't been to Mindelo. A good day for Amelia.

It's currently 93F with a feels like of 99. After the bad storms yesterday, I was lucky to only have power out for over an hour. Some folks still don't have it, and a senior high rise was evacuated and residents taken to a makeshift center with AC. In other areas, police are knocking on doors to see if people need help and cooling centers were opened. I do have a fan that can run without electricity, having a lithium rechargeable battery, just in case. I'm just back from PT and some grocery shopping for BFF. It's humbling to see how quickly you lose conditioning. I had to do a 6 minute walk. I only made 5 minutes and then had to sit. So I need to put in the effort to improve.

@marshhawk Congrats on the nice comment from your boss. 

@StLouisCruisers It's good you've been in that area before; I'm sure it's very disappointing for those first time visitors. How are you feeling today? Nice photos from Mindelo.

@Mr. Boston I hope your dental visit isn't too costly.

@dfish I'm glad your AC repair wasn't an expensive fix. 

@smitty34877 I grew up without AC too, but living at the ocean there was always a nice breeze. Finally some friends of my DM's gave her a window AC when they got whole house AC.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for sharing your Mindelo photos.

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling any better yet. Just rest as much as you can.

@Seasick Sailor I hope you liked the dog sitter. Best wishes to DH for a simple procedure tomorrow.

@RMLincoln I'm sorry to hear about DH's itchy eye, and hope it spontaneously resolves. Sorry to hear of your friends with Covid. So many seem to think it's over, or like a cold, but to many with health issues it can be more serious.

@Overhead Fred Another lovely peony. Great color!

@luvteaching Congrats to DS on his success in going back to school.

@Cruising-along I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better today (and sorry for the typo in the Cares List). That long sleep sounds restorative! 

@kochleffel It is a bad week for no cold foods or beverages, although I'm drinking a large mug of hot coffee right now.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those Celebrating. Stay cool!

Oh oh, thunder; let's not hope for a repeat of yesterday.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Thank you all for the advice.   i am not offended.  The fact is that I am feeling really bad.  If this continues I will seek medical help tomorrow.  I have been sick now for 9 days and it does not show signs of getting better,

i am happy for all and any advice you may provide

Terri

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

21 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

I booked early and kept a watch on prices. I think I rebooked 3 times for a lower price. The senior price ended up better than the member price.

That's what I always do too -- great minds think alike!

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Thank you all for the advice.   i am not offended.  The fact is that I am feeling really bad.  If this continues I will seek medical help tomorrow.  I have been sick now for 9 days and it does not show signs of getting better,

i am happy for all and any advice you may provide

Terri

Terri please don’t wait until tomorrow 

I have found that things can quickly change and it is better to be assessed 

Take a taxi/uber

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Rich

Greetings  from  Glacier Bay, AK.  THANKS FOR THE Daily and Fleet Report. 
Summer Slope: I never heard of you drink before but it sounds worth a try,,

• Like 17

Good afternoon!

We have a bit of a break in the heat.  It is only 88F right now with a feels like of 89F.  Tomorrow is up over 90 again. I did turn the temperature up on the thermostat for the high charge time period.  So far, we are doing well.  

I had some of the gazpacho I made yesterday for lunch today and it was so good.  I could live off that in the summer.  One summer when I was in Spain and living with a Spanish family, my Spanish host made me gazpacho every day.  @kochleffel Paul, I feel for you with no cold foods or drink.  

@JazzyV Vanessa, I hear you about having to work back into shape.  I've been there several times.  The good news is that it doesn't take as long to get back to where you were if you had maintained good muscle strength and tone before.  I am currently working my way up so that I can hike Jordan Pond in August.  Yesterday I was able to walk a mile without stopping with no hiking poles or cane.  I'm feeling more confident of being able to make that hike.  It is about 3 miles and I will have my hiking poles with me.  I do think the yoga is helping.  It is old people's yoga, so it concentrates on problem areas typical of older adults.  The instructor is also a physical therapist, so she makes recommendations for those of us she knows need to adjust what we're doing.  

We're having fish tonight on the grill.  We've got left over corn on the cob to go along with it.  

• Like 23

56 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

It is a bad week for no cold foods or beverages, although I'm drinking a large mug of hot coffee right now.

13 minutes ago, dfish said:

Paul, I feel for you with no cold foods or drink.  

I was also drinking hot coffee when I read these. What I miss most is white wine.

Meanwhile, the management of the Thursday market in a park downtown announced a little while ago that there will be no market on Thursday. I usually don't go to it, because it's almost all prepared food, including restaurant carry-out, with very little fresh produce, but I'm paying attention because in a moment of rash enthusiasm I agreed to organize tabling there for an organization. The market management allows it, but has a hard time understanding that we don't want to do it every Thursday season. A grower whom I bought from yesterday announced on social media, "This week is local bring a cold drink to a farmer at market week."

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

@Sharon in AZ yesterday's thread is locked, so I'm continuing the Limon discussion here. 

My family that has been there for some time is Kline. My aunt & uncle were Donna and Nick Kline; cousins that you may have gone to school w/are Joe, DaLonna & Aaron. Only Aaron still lives in Limon (in the house he grew up in), Joe lives across the country and DaLonna lives elsewhere in CO. My other family name that lived there until fairly recently was Wilson. Neither of those are my last name🫡

Also have family in Bennett. 

Small world.

Elizabeth, none of those names sound familiar. I’m seeing my DM tomorrow and will ask her. I have so many cousins and relatives in Limon and the area that I feel I’m related to almost everyone. The last name is Monks, not my name, but they are related to half of Limon. I have a brother who lives east and nieces and a nephew too.  My DM still gets the Limon Leader and gives it to me to read. I’ll keep those names in mind while reading. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good hot afternoon. I hope everyone in the heat dome is staying cool and well hydrated. 
I had mentioned last week that I had received a letter from my Neurologist that he was leaving Hershey as of the end of June. I called to ask who the new doctor will be and was advised they are still reviewing the applicants and if the schedule changes. Maybe when I see the Botox doctor next week, more information will be available. I also have prescriptions that need renewal and they just said the team will work on it. 
Try to stay cool 😎 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Elizabeth, none of those names sound familiar. I’m seeing my DM tomorrow and will ask her. I have so many cousins and relatives in Limon and the area that I feel I’m related to almost everyone. The last name is Monks, not my name, but they are related to half of Limon. I have a brother who lives east and nieces and a nephew too.  My DM still gets the Limon Leader and gives it to me to read. I’ll keep those names in mind while reading. 

So exciting!! Lol. I'll be interested in what you learn. Aunt Donna worked at the "rest" home, as they were called back then.

• Like 6