Survey review time expired

Last week I got off Jewel of the Sea. We had a grand suite, went to the concierge lounge, had any time dining and had a  positive time with the staff. We took a few extra days to come home  and I was unable to do my survey in the allotted week. I think Royal Caribbean should give more than just one week to do it. I had lots to say. Is it that they just really don’t want to know?

• Like 2

It does seem to expire quickly doesn't it. 

I try to do the survey when I'm waiting for our flight home, or when we're driving back home.  That way my thoughts are fresh.  However, it seems every time I fill it out, I forget to mention something that I thought was important to say.  🤣

• Like 2

I'm surprised to hear so few people respond to the surveys.  I always do.  

Totally agree that a week isn't enough ... you're absolutely not alone in extending your cruise vacation with a few more days on land.  

Dining folks actually get briefed on the surveys one day after the cruise.  They get another report later but by then they are concentrating on their new customers and may not remember you.  I seldom get mine in that early.  When on a B2B I have to do the survey onboard before I get home or the link will expire.

16 hours ago, renebfl said:

Last week I got off Jewel of the Sea. We had a grand suite, went to the concierge lounge, had any time dining and had a  positive time with the staff. We took a few extra days to come home  and I was unable to do my survey in the allotted week. I think Royal Caribbean should give more than just one week to do it. I had lots to say. Is it that they just really don’t want to know?

Don't worry - impact of the survey is WAY overrated!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, renebfl said:

I imagine the logic is surveys done too long after cruise 1: don’t work with their timelines for feedback to crew; and 2: may become less accurate as time goes on.  We make notes during the cruise on who we want to praise, and usually complete when we receive them.

• Like 3

Anyone also have an expired survey when they ask you to rate a representative you spoke to on the phone ? Usually, I see it  within 2 hours after talking to them and it says the survey has expired. Lately, I have spoken to some great representatives who really deserve a positive  response.

We tend to get them on a hit or miss basis as well. When we do we usually have it within 24 hours or so of the end of the cruise.  I think the reason for the time limit is they try to attached the reviews with the ship's folio for that itinerary, which gets closed relatively quickly after each cruise.  I think they care about them, especially if there is a less than perfect response, but with the number of ships and sailings this may be the way they are able to keep track.  At least that mirrors information from GS on one of our cruises.

The surveys go to the ship and are reviewed by management on the ship.  The positive and negative feedback becomes more difficult for them to address as time goes on. 

Crew turn over all the time.  A cruise that was two or three cruises ago becomes difficult to remember when they do this day week after week with new faces every cruise.

I don't respond.  I hate surveys.  Every phone call, every ticket for any vendor in life seems to want a survey, just 5 minutes for this 15 minute survey.  I don't do surveys.  Period.

• Like 1

I generally do the survey when I'm sitting on the plane post-cruise.  It gives me something to do instead of watching reruns of the Big Bang theory.  A week seems plenty to me.