Considering a short cruise on Reflection - New to Celebrity.. questions?

Wishing on a star

Not sure if we would really want to do this.

I understand that there is no really nice Retreat Area for Suites?  Just the Lounge?

Are any of the Specialty Restaurants included...  or Just Luminae?   (understand can order from Opus menu)

Which Category would you book for a short cruise.  With no nice Retreat Area, would you book Concierge or AquaClass....

Any insight is helpful!

Also: How easy, or difficult, is it to get passes to the Adult Area at Coco Cay.

I hear that there are a set number available each day.

Maybe a certain Class/Category would be able to get them beforehand?

I’m booked on this ship, one of my favorites, for a 4 night cruise. We are going to be in a Signature suite which includes specialty dining  and complementary entrance into the Persian Gardens among other things. The Retreat lounge is great IMO with a full bar and self-serve beverage cases. A vast improvement over Edge, (which we sailed earlier this month) that has a Retreat enclave but no bar in the lounge. A fail IMO. I don’t care much aBout a private sundeck so if that’s important to you, you may want to consider an eclass ship. Some will say that a 4 night cruise on Reflection is just a booze cruise. I’m just fine with that. 

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

We just did a 3 night cruise over Memorial Day weekend in Aqua Class. We love Reflection, it was our 5th time sailing her. We felt she is in wonderful shape and the crew was amazing. We chose AQ because we knew it would be a full ship with a lot of kids. AQ cabins only allow 2 people do we knew that area wouldn’t be filled with kids and eating in Blu would be less chaotic than the MDR. We had a wonderful cruise, much better than I thought. 

Thank You!

I think Aqua Class would be good, since a Suite does not offer an actual deck area.

Not a fan of the lawn, on a cruise ship.    

We have enjoyed Princess because of their Sanctuary area. (which Princess is changing)

It seems that these Celebrity ships do not have this kind of thing.  

The Solarium is totally enclosed, without a retractable roof, if I am correct.

I think I am going to look at other options for now.

Thanks I&S !   I had not noticed that comment before.  Guess they are trying to keep the AC going in there.

And, I love the idea of lots of deck space for relaxing and enjoying the cruise. 

(which is one reason I am looking at other cruise lines)

But, it is the open-lawn concept that gets me.  

This is JMHO, (of course others will not agree)  but areas limited to just open grass on a cruise ship seems odd, and some of that could be a much better use of space.  

I see a lot of photos/videos, in warmer locations, where the grass looks brown and 'crispy'.

I love adult-only and relaxation areas on deck. (with at least a retractable roof)

Enough shade is important too.

Sadly, this is becoming impossible on our usual cruise line.  And, newer ships in general.

I have a hard time swallowing the price point on Ines that restrict this type of area to a ship-within a ship concept, with the $$$$$$$$ pricing.    We are on 'retirement' income now.

I don't think I have found a 'fit' in the next level up in 'premium' lines.

But, our minds are open to any options right now!!!

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks I&S !   I had not noticed that comment before.  Guess they are trying to keep the AC going in there.

And, I love the idea of lots of deck space for relaxing and enjoying the cruise. 

(which is one reason I am looking at other cruise lines)

But, it is the open-lawn concept that gets me.  

This is JMHO, (of course others will not agree)  but areas limited to just open grass on a cruise ship seems odd, and some of that could be a much better use of space.  

I see a lot of photos/videos, in warmer locations, where the grass looks brown and 'crispy'.

I love adult-only and relaxation areas on deck. (with at least a retractable roof)

Enough shade is important too.

Sadly, this is becoming impossible on our usual cruise line.  And, newer ships in general.

I have a hard time swallowing the price point on Ines that restrict this type of area to a ship-within a ship concept, with the $$$$$$$$ pricing.    We are on 'retirement' income now.

I don't think I have found a 'fit' in the next level up in 'premium' lines.

But, our minds are open to any options right now!!!

It would be helpful to know what cruiseline you've been sailing so people can give you comparisons and additional thoughts. As others have said, the Edge Class of ships, expecially the Ascent and Beyond, would seem to fit more to what you're looking for. Other cruselines with similar ship within a ship area would be NCL's Haven Class and MSC's Yacht Club.  You should look into those lines as well, the dates you're interested in, and see what ships are available and compare and contrast all three lines. But regarding Celebrity. I would choose the Ascent, Beyond, Apex, Edge in that order.

I'm a bit surprised they are using the Reflection for these quick turnaround trips. It's the "newest" of the S-class ships. It's a great ship! Have a great time. Sailed on the Reflection last year and LOVED it. The Equinox and Silhouette have been "revolutionized" before Covid, so if you are looking for an S-class with a Retreat area, these would have them.

Off-topic, but I was looking for longer itineraries on the Reflection, but there aren't any. All the longer itineraries were on older S-class ships, which I'm not a fan of (especially the lack of a hand shower, even in Concierge rooms. We have kids in the family, so cannot do Aqua.) Another option would be Edge class, but I don't like the infinite balconies. Sigh.

Edited by BazingAu

I did a 3 night on Reflection in concierge for the large angled off the hump balcony location. I'm doing concierge again on another 3 night in November, similar cabin.

You might want to compare the price difference with booking your own specialty restaurant reservations compared to eating in Blu.

I would be surprised if they ran out of adult hideaway passes. I've done the Beach Club once when it was an almost reasonable about $79. I'm not wiling to pay the current prices or anything for the adult hideaway area.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

On 6/23/2024 at 8:41 PM, Georgia_Peaches said:

I’m booked on this ship, one of my favorites, for a 4 night cruise. We are going to be in a Signature suite which includes specialty dining  and complementary entrance into the Persian Gardens among other things. The Retreat lounge is great IMO with a full bar and self-serve beverage cases. A vast improvement over Edge, (which we sailed earlier this month) that has a Retreat enclave but no bar in the lounge. A fail IMO. I don’t care much aBout a private sundeck so if that’s important to you, you may want to consider an eclass ship. Some will say that a 4 night cruise on Reflection is just a booze cruise. I’m just fine with that. 

Just to be clear while there's no BAR in the Retreat Lounge on the Edge drinks are ordered and served TO YOU by the roving waiters. Whatsmore the bars on the other E-Class ships is more of a service bar since there's no seating around the bar, so while you could conceivably stand and lean there and converse I'm not sure why you would do that when there's seating merely 5 feet away.