Poll for Celebrity Loyalists

Considering leaving Celebrity?  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Are you considering cruising on another line instead of Celebrity?

• Yes
    • No

34 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Status matching for Silversea gets a Celebrity Elite the same benefits as Zenith.  Sort of insulting to top tiers of X and all the tiers at Silversea.  

Good point RCL get 90+ % of  Celebrity benefits and Celebrity Zeniths almost get nothing from RCL.

The matching of tier is one sided.

Edited by verizon
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Status matching for Silversea gets a Celebrity Elite the same benefits as Zenith.  Sort of insulting to top tiers of X and all the tiers at Silversea.  

Very insulting to Silversea sailors when someone sails fewer days at a lower cost on Celebrity and then ends up with more benefits than a loyal Silversea sailor. And often more benefits than they would receive on Celebrity! The greatest benefit is the 5% to 10% discount off the price of a cruise and free laundry! Some have asked about jumping lines and other preferential treatment on Silversea because of their status match. Silversea does not have the class system with respect to where one can dine, lounges, pool decks, etc. that Celebrity has created. Everyone enjoys the entire ship.

21 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I saw the line said "leaving" but the poll question said something else. 

Are you considering cruising on another line instead of Celebrity?

So I answered Yes.  Already sailed on MSC once and am sailing on MSC again in September. 

There should have been a 3rd option:  Already have!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not considering but have done so, multiple times. We sail for itinerary. We have had two fabulous Viking cruises since the last celebrity cruise. We have completed 3 celebrity cruises and have one booked another celebrity next year. Also another Viking one. There's no such thing as loyalty that's worth it so go for the experience you want at that time. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, verizon said:

Good point RCL get 90+ % of  Celebrity benefits and Celebrity Zeniths almost get nothing from RCL.

The matching of tier is one sided.

From a contact: "No I was hoping for a black card my girlfriend is on (Millennium) she's in Japan right now the captain invited her up to the bridge and gave her a cake for her recognition of a Zenith from pinnacle yesterday I got a blue card though she got a black one"

• Thanks 1

A better question is, "Will we ever return to Celebrity?"  Shorter itineraries, IV balconies on E-class ships and current high pricing has sent me to the exit gates.  I'll continue to look at Celebrity to see if there is an interesting itinerary, but I currently don't have any cruises booked on Celebrity.

• Like 3

Celebrity remains our cruise line of choice, though not exclusively so. From December 2023 through December 2025, 8 cruises include 4 X, 2 Princess, 1RC, 1 Virgin. More likely than not, 2026 will begin with an NCL cruise. NCL, Princess and Virgin will host us as first-timers. If one enjoys the cruising life, it is nice to have a comfortable primary residence while also having the opportunity to enjoy other cruise lines and what they offer. It should be noted that cruising with other lines is not based on negative experiences with Celebrity. Rather, it is based on curiosity and the ability to explore that curiosity.         

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Celebrity remains our cruise line of choice,

And it still would be, if they had they hadn’t taken Silhouette away from Southampton.

I don’t like the lack off of balconies on the E class ships.

Also, the gratuities have disappeared from A.I.

So, we are trying Princess which has both.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

And it still would be, if they had they hadn’t taken Silhouette away from Southampton.

I don’t like the lack off of balconies on the E class ships.

Also, the gratuities have disappeared from A.I.

So, we are trying Princess which has both.

I’m curious, what is it besides the above mentioned that attracts you to Princess?  I’ve tried them many times and know many who love them but I am always bored and a little let down on my Princess cruises.  They do have excellent cabin layouts, generally good itineraries and pricing but again…maybe it’s just me.

53 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I like Celebrity but HAL’s itineraries are about 100x better. We have 4 cruises booked right now. 2 on X and 2 on HAL. 

Agree, from what I have been looking at HAL and Oceania have very interesting itineraries and the length of their cruises are far more desirable than Celebrity.  For my $$$ going forward, Celebrity is for me only a TA.  Otherwise I am looking at the other two.

Im not loyal but im not leaving the brand.

The more i watch youtube videos about princess , HAL,MSC, oceania I ge to the conclusion that I am staying with royal and X, maybe one day I will do virgin. But the rest of the cruise industry look so boring omg ( X was boring 2 but it is heading in the right way). 

25 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Im not loyal but im not leaving the brand.

The more i watch youtube videos about princess , HAL,MSC, oceania I ge to the conclusion that I am staying with royal and X, maybe one day I will do virgin. But the rest of the cruise industry look so boring omg ( X was boring 2 but it is heading in the right way). 

recently tried virgin in the med and loved it! Tips, wifi, and sodas included. Shows are the best. Free fitness classes and even free shuttle from port to Mykonos. 

• Like 1

Such a poorly worded question, so it's no surprise that people are answering differently. Celebrity is my favorite cruise line, but I don't sail Celebrity exclusively. I have sailed on a few other cruise lines for one reason or another, and enjoyed those cruises, but I still look to Celebrity as my first choice.