Just made Platinum status

Tinknock50

12 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

I just made Platinum status on Princess. 
Where are the Platinum and Elite lounges on Sapphire Princess?

As far as I know, there isn't one. But then again we've never looked for it while we were Platinum or since we became Elite.

Learn something new every day. According to info found through Google, it's "usually" held in Skywalkers. Seems to me we've gotten cocktail party invitations to that, but we've never gone.

Edited by Sea Hag
more info

It will be shown in the daily events listing. It will either be in Skywalker's or Club Fusion. It depends on how may platinum & elite are on board. It's usually at 5pm for an hour or so.

You probably will also receive a card in your cabin.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Skywalkers on all the ships was the greatest for the PES lounge (in the old days).  Wonder ful views and plenty of room.  I haven't been on that class ship for a long time.  I missed Skywalkers.

As wonderful as the view is in Skywalkers....it is sooooo far and out of the way before dinner.  Limited elevator service (2).  They will hold it in one of the Grand/GEM/Crown ship public venues on Deck 7 if there are too many people.  I forgot the cut off number (not an important piece of information to keep in my cluttered files/memory).  Haven't been to one in ages.  They are the only ones to have pretzel rolls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

Skywalkers on all the ships was the greatest for the PES lounge (in the old days).  Wonder ful views and plenty of room.  I haven't been on that class ship for a long time.  I missed Skywalkers.

I'll take the other side of this argument.  We have only been on Grand Class ships before we gained PES privileges (the old days).  So we were the ones in Skywalkers enjoying magnificent views of Alaska while enjoying goodies that we brought up from the IC only to get kicked out of the gigantic space just so that about 7 PES people could take up the whole venue to eat waxy grocery store cheese and pay for the "drink of the day".  Didn't seem like a fair trade to kick out all of the "regular people" from this viewing area just so that half a dozen people could use it.  Seems like there might have been a more suitable venue for that sized crowd.  The Library?  A storage closet? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were on Sapphire 2 weeks ago. The PES lounge was in Club Fusion except when the Captain's Party was held there; then the PES was in Skywalkers.  On our cruise they announced there were only 122 Platinum and 91 Elite onboard. There were 2,084 new cruisers onboard. We never went to the PES lounge, too busy doing other things.

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

So we were the ones in Skywalkers enjoying magnificent views of Alaska while enjoying goodies that we brought up from the IC only to get kicked out of the gigantic space just so that about 7 PES people could take up the whole venue to eat waxy grocery store cheese and pay for the "drink of the day". 

Yes, that was me, shooing you out.  I told you I was shallow and selfish. 😝 

don't mess with my perks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I'll take the other side of this argument.  We have only been on Grand Class ships before we gained PES privileges (the old days).  So we were the ones in Skywalkers enjoying magnificent views of Alaska while enjoying goodies that we brought up from the IC only to get kicked out of the gigantic space just so that about 7 PES people could take up the whole venue to eat waxy grocery store cheese and pay for the "drink of the day".  Didn't seem like a fair trade to kick out all of the "regular people" from this viewing area just so that half a dozen people could use it.  Seems like there might have been a more suitable venue for that sized crowd.  The Library?  A storage closet? 

How long ago was this?

The times we have gone, it has been pretty crowded.

It might have something to do with that the appetizers have vastly improved over the last few years from what they used to be.

The PES is often a bit sad. If we are curious about the nibbles (you will get a schedule with themes), we will go but we don’t go out of our way to make it. Aside from some apps and maybe a drink of the day, there’s nothing really special about the PES.

The suite lounge on ships that have one is a different, special story but you simply need to have a suite to get into those.

2 hours ago, CruiseCrabs said:

The PES is often a bit sad. If we are curious about the nibbles (you will get a schedule with themes), we will go but we don’t go out of our way to make it. Aside from some apps and maybe a drink of the day, there’s nothing really special about the PES.

Of course it has been awhile since I did the PES lounge since I have been sailing elsewhere, but I think things went down hill when they moved it to the Club 6 area on the Royals class ships.  The atmosphere was never as great as it was in Skywalkers.

59 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Of course it has been awhile since I did the PES lounge since I have been sailing elsewhere, but I think things went down hill when they moved it to the Club 6 area on the Royals class ships.  The atmosphere was never as great as it was in Skywalkers.

We have been in Skywalkers for PES post pandemic. Bottom line, nothing save for a drink of the day and maybe one of the appetizers is unique to PES. I think part of the challenge is that Princess hypes the experience well beyond what occurs in reality. We don’t even go to the captains parties anymore for similar reasons.

• Like 2

We like the lounge.  We enjoy the sample of all of the entertainment on the ship.  I don't remember any fried food.  I am sure it was there, but I found enough to eat without eating anything fried.  I liked the cold soups.  We eat appetizers in the lounge instead of in the MDR.  I also never noticed a drink of the day.  We never ordered a drink after the second night.  The waiter just brought us our wine of choice.  

The food is usually easy to prepare stuff like crudites, cheese/cold cuts/crackers, olives, dried fruits, and nuts.  The hot item is usually meatballs or something fried like egg rolls or potsticker dumplings.  There's also so sort of parfait or mousse.  On some days there will be sushi.  Sorry, but cruise ship sushi is revolting; the rice is never the right texture--either undercooked and still hard or overcooked and mushy.

It's a nice gesture, but really nothing special.  Would rather grab something at the International Cafe or at the buffet if I felt peckish during the PES Lounge hours.

There's usually someone from Loyalty or GS (sometimes both) schmoozing with the attendees.  Later in the cruise, their presence dwindles.  Live band is sometimes playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SCX22 said:

The food is usually easy to prepare stuff like crudites, cheese/cold cuts/crackers, olives, dried fruits, and nuts.  The hot item is usually meatballs or something fried like egg rolls or potsticker dumplings.  There's also so sort of parfait or mousse.  On some days there will be sushi.  Sorry, but cruise ship sushi is revolting; the rice is never the right texture--either undercooked and still hard or overcooked and mushy.

It's a nice gesture, but really nothing special.  Would rather grab something at the International Cafe or at the buffet if I felt peckish during the PES Lounge hours.

There's usually someone from Loyalty or GS (sometimes both) schmoozing with the attendees.  Later in the cruise, their presence dwindles.  Live band is sometimes playing.

We  enjoy going to have a pre supper snack and a couple of drinks. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tinknock50 said:

I just made Platinum status on Princess. 
Where are the Platinum and Elite lounges on Sapphire Princess?

The PES lounge has greatly improved since many of these posters have last gone. There’s live music (nice background stuff) and the food is good enough that on a 19 day Panama sailing last September on the Sapphire I only went to the MDR once.  On that sailing it was in Skywalkers and was very well attended. On my 34 day SA Antarctica Sapphire sailing in December it was moved to Club fusion. But still great food and live entertainment.  The list of cocktail specials was quite nice as well. You’ll just need to go and see if it suits your fancy. Congratulations on reaching platinum 🙂

• Like 2

I have never seen the PES lounge advertised in the daily bulletin.  It is held on the older ships in Sky Walkers or if too many are aboard in club fusion.  You will get an invite to your stateroom if qualified.  The discounted specialty drink went away with the Plus program.  The food offered is snack food.  I love the cut up veggies and some of the other fare.  We made elite in 2014 and frequently go to the designated lounge before dinner.  

6 hours ago, HotRoot said:

We like the lounge.  We enjoy the sample of all of the entertainment on the ship.  I don't remember any fried food.  I am sure it was there, but I found enough to eat without eating anything fried.  I liked the cold soups.  We eat appetizers in the lounge instead of in the MDR.  I also never noticed a drink of the day.  We never ordered a drink after the second night.  The waiter just brought us our wine of choice.  

Sometimes they do not check who should be in PES lounge snacks so it can be jammed. One cruise they actually put in in the patter

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

The PES lounge has greatly improved since many of these posters have last gone. There’s live music (nice background stuff) and the food is good enough that on a 19 day Panama sailing last September on the Sapphire I only went to the MDR once.  On that sailing it was in Skywalkers and was very well attended. On my 34 day SA Antarctica Sapphire sailing in December it was moved to Club fusion. But still great food and live entertainment.  The list of cocktail specials was quite nice as well. You’ll just need to go and see if it suits your fancy. Congratulations on reaching platinum 🙂

You made a dinner out of snacks ?