The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 1st, 2024

richwmn

Canada Day

Today is Devotion to Duty Day, National Television Heritage Day, and Drug Enforcement Administration Day

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.--Mark Twain

Meal Suggestion for today - Spicy Cabbage Slaw
Drink of the Day - Washington Apple
Wine of the Day - La Crema Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
Destination of the Day - Aburatsu, Miyazaki, Japan

Today in History:
1867 The Dominion of Canada is formed, comprising the provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario & Quebec, with John A. Macdonald serving as the first Prime Minister

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Juneau, Alaska 12:30 - 22:00

Koningsdam

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska 09:00 - 09:30

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska eta 07-02

Nieuw Statendam

Alesund, Norway 08:00 - 16:00

Noordam

Hubbard Glacier, Alaska 15:00 - 18:00

Oosterdam

Katakolon, Olympia, Greece 10:00 - 18:00

Rotterdam

Oslo, Norway 08:00 - 16:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Prince Edward Island, Charlottetown, Canada eta 07-02

Westerdam

Haines, Alaska 06:00 - 21:00

Zaandam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 11:00 - 19:00

Zuiderdam

Alesund, Norway 09:00 - 17:00

0701Alaska.thumb.png.de4c8e5659f1970f076baae01069c4a2.png

0701Atlantic.thumb.png.021ff2fd490faa8a0f05241b18206023.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 30

Today’s Care List:

Kazu having leg/foot pain

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye checkup

Cruzin Terri fatigued post Covid, right bicep muscle tear, steroid injection

StLouisCruisers’ twin’s arm injury

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness

Catmando’s DB Scottie post stroke

Ottahand7’s DB with operated knee red and swollen

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Canada Day! 🍁

Ger_77 in Calgary

Summer Slope booking a bucket list Mediterranean cruise

Vict0riann doing well post-surgery

Marshhawk’s big sales this week

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

6 days for luvteaching (Westerdam July 7 to July 14) 7d Alaska Explorer

Cruzn single (Westerdam to July 7) 28d Alaska Arctic Circle Solstice, tupper10 (Zuiderdam to July 20) 21d Viking Passage and StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage

• Like 17
  • Thanks 25

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit! 🐇 Good morning friends.  Happy Canada Day to our friends in the North.  Today the Zuiderdam is visiting Alesund, Norway where the skies are unfortunately mostly cloudy and the temp is 55. Winds are stated at 24 mph on the TV screen.   But it’s not raining!!  The Nieuw Statendam was docked before we arrived today.  Nice to see two BHB’s together here.  We took a brisk walk mid morning walking about 2.3 miles.  DH didn’t feel up to walking up the more than 400 stairs to the top of Mt. Aksla but that’s okay, we’ve done that twice before.  Lots of orange HAL umbrellas seen being carried around town.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for today’s Daily and Fleet report as well as the maps.  Besides celebrating Canada’s formation in 1867, let’s praise devotion to duty, give television heritage a nod and hope that the DEA does its job properly.  So important!  The quote is fun, but I’m not in the mood for spicy cabbage slaw though.  No thanks to the apple drink or the Chardonnay.  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for the F&B reports today.

Prayers for my DB, and Alex’s twins, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, and our troops in the region.  Many prayers for our group here on the Daily with painful conditions, depression and worry. 🙏 A salute to all with special events to celebrate and the cruisers! 🚢🥂 Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for the lists!

The port of the day is Aburatsu, Miyazaki, Japan.  This is a new one and I’m sure those who have traveled in Japan extensively will love showing us some photos today.  I have not been there before.  No links but am awaiting your photos anxiously!

DH definitely has come down with that darn cold and slept partially sitting up.  I don’t know how he does that!  He has been taking Zicam to help shorten and lessen the cold, but he is not a good patient when ill.  We both had a restless night.  I hope he can conquer it quickly.  I’m doing well meanwhile.  Just a little coughing left.  Hope you all enjoy your Monday, and hope you can stay safe and keep well!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Rabbit   Rabbit   White Rabbit

Happy Canada Day!

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Cool and clear this morning.

Amusing quote.

The meal sounds good, I'll pass on the drink, I'm sure I'll like the wine.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Not much on the agenda for today.  I'll take Bertie for a walk soon.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Rabbit, rabbit, White rabbit.  Happy July 1st.

Washington Apple cocktail:

Ingredients:

1 oz. Canadian whisky
1 oz. sour apple schnapps
1 oz. Cranberry juice
Apple slice for garnish

Directions:

Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake well
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
Garnish with an apple slice.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 6.49.14 AM.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 18

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.

Good Monday Morning Dailyites!  I admit that my actual first words today, were "Get up, we are going to midtown for your appointment."  DH has his immunotherapy this morning, and I hope I get a chance to talk to the doc or the PA regarding the most recent behavioral problems.. 

Then get lunch, pick up some food, and work.  I was rather vague with hours..

2a159e2dd0d131e1f918f3c7d4c29d47.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good cool and sunny morning. It’s only going up to 80 today. 
Happy Canada Day to all my daily friends. Enjoy your holiday with family and friends. 
Several years ago I was in Skagway and did a trip up to the Yukon , we stopped at the bridge, they had free food to celebrate the day.🇨🇦

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for today’s fleet report.  The storms passed and now we have a beautiful comfortable day.  This is a short work week for me, I’m taking Friday as a PTO day to get a four day weekend.  We’ve been in Canada a few times for Canada Day.  This is from the Citadel in Quebec when they fired the guns.

20220701_115950.thumb.jpeg.fa9691ba07b20fee8138bc26f3ac65b6.jpeg

• Like 37
  • Thanks 3

Happy Monday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day to all around the world. - Meow Moe | Happy canada day ...

After heavy rain and thunderstorms yesterday, high will be about 78 with sun and a cool breeze. This weather I can take. The grass has already greened up in places. 

Nothing out of the ordinary planned today. Grading assignments and seeing clients. 

100 days to go until my cruise!

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Image result for Monday cat memes

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Happy Canada Day, to my neighbors to the North!

IMG_3084.jpeg.5dd745251ee1909e1e96fdfe8ddae0e5.jpeg

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another lovely morning. Yesterday was another hot, clammy day - until the onshore breezes arrived. And they kept the storms away. 

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. I still find myself asking ‘How did I miss that?’ every now & then. 

Bindi walks, driving my friend to the airport, gym, chores and pool time. Should keep me busy. 

IMG_3078.jpeg.8443056d06df168e931d219db12fd862.jpeg

IMG_3072.jpeg.6f772820b3fd46da455df14251f66391.jpeg

IMG_3081.jpeg.1751fe62f0cdfb679aec45518d37a083.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

2022 La Crema Sonoma Coast Chardonnay

I chose the 2022 vintage since it should still be easy to find & it had the best info available.
A lovely sounding Chardonnay and consumers love it. Easy to find. Most prices hover around $15, but one online distributor offered it for $10.99, but their minimum order was $50 - easy to do in the world of wine. 

Winemaker’s notes

Aromas of Meyer lemon, Asian pear and white flowers are supported on the nose by subtle hints of oak. On the palate, crisp apple, golden peach and pineapple. Heady flavors of graham cracker pie crust add a vein of richness. Fleshy, vibrant and concentrated, juicy yet balanced acidity drives a lingering finish.

Professional Ratings

90Wine Enthusiast

This wine is a beautiful, vibrant gold in the glass, conveying delicate floral aromatics on the nose. On the palate, very ripe pear, marzipan and sweet cinnamon emerge. There’s also a potent, perfumy dried-floral component that some drinkers will love.

90Wine Spectator

Appealing for how all of its pieces fit together, offering notes of salted butterscotch, peach preserves, mango and orange blossoms, with a thread of baking spices. Shows vibrant acidity and a seamless texture on a generous frame. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 4

Happy Canada for our neighbors to the north!   Thanks for the daily and maps Rich.  All good days today that deserve recognition.  Good quote by Twain, he truly had some good ones.  We haven't been to today's port.  The slaw sounds good, I'll pass on the cocktail and would drink the La Crema chardonnay.    Thanks for researching these for us each day.  

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports Vanessa.  My younger sister visited DB yesterday and her sent he away as he wanted to sleep.  They do wake him up at night to get his IV antibiotic infusion at night but she said he seemed sick too.  They are icing his knee.  We'll see that happens today if there is any action on him.  If they can't tame that infection he could lose his knee as it has persisted for many months, even after a surgery to clean it out, clean the knee replacement joint and used antibiotic cement.  Prayers for Chuck and Anni as he has his appointment today.  Prayers for Tana, Jacqui and Terri and everyone else who is ailing or grieving and for all in war zones.  

It is another beautiful day here today albeit chilly with it 39 degrees when I got up.  It is supposed to warm up today,  yesterday it was so windy and low humidity it took a long time to shed my two top layers.   A good day to stack firewood briefly and more garden work.  A nice dinner tonight with family.  Have a lovely day.  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

Happy Canada Day to our neighbors to the North! To celebrate I will watch a few of my favorite boyhood TV shows, "Sergeant Preston of the Yukon." It was his wonder dog "King" that started my love for Alaskan Malamutes. "On you huskies!"

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

In 2016 we were on The. Best. Norway. Cruise. Ever. and had the good company of a couple of Canadians who helped our dining table celebrate Canada Day properly.  Joyce brought white balloons with the Maple Leaf on them, Canadian flags to wave, and she even had temporary tattoos on her face and ankles.  The Prinsendam provided a lovely cake to celebrate Canada's independence.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Not my feet!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning to All.

Happy Canada Day to all our friends to the north.

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for all you do to keep this thread going.

I like the quote and I can think of a number of Congressional Members to whom it applies.  That is as far as i will go with that.

I have not been to the destination.

I will take a pass on the food and drink today.

I continue with pain in the upper right arm. i have tried Icy Hot.  i have used ice, I have taken Tylenol and there is nothing that relieves the pain.  it is really inhibiting what I can do. It is very frustrating.

Today we have our annual termite inspection at 11 am.  Have to keep the bond active.  

i am hoping that somehow this is just taking its time to resolve.

Prayers for all on the cares list and cheers for those celebrating and cruising.

Have a great day

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

Happy Canada Day!

Good morning, everyone!  

We have another chilly start to the day at 50F.  Temperatures are supposed to reach 76F with abundant sunshine.  I'll take it.  That makes for a pleasant day.  It is back to the gym today as I took last week off due to our excursion north. Otherwise, a lazy day.  I may start cutting out the next quilt.  It is one for River's room.  We're also going to paint the room which will force Sue to go through the junk in there and at least organize it, if not get rid of most of it.  

Today's meal is a good one to consider if you're looking for that dish to take to a cookout this week.  Here is an easy one to get us started.  Spicy Cole Slaw

spicycabbageslaw1.jpg.fdba5cf0e9111a2d765f3a02fe9007e0.jpg

Here's another one that goes together quickly, but does use a mayo base for the dressing.  Spicy Slaw

spicycabbageslaw2.thumb.jpg.6747c0bbffb24d22e8e814f6f30abb66.jpg

This recipe adds in corn to the cabbage and has a creamy lime dressing.  You can leave out the hot peppers if you wish.  Cabbage and Corn Slaw

spicycabbageslaw3.jpg.e071d730c6eb496ce5c2d0e4e1da52e9.jpg

My family likes Blue Cheese Coleslaw, which is super easy to make. I get the ready made coleslaw mix at the grocery, add in blue cheese and a little finely sliced onion and use Garlic Expressions as the dressing on it.  It is a five minute job.  

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Edited by dfish
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 19

Good morning and Happy Canada Day!

My morning routine was interrupted when it started spitting rain on me during my morning walk. It looks like it will stop around noon and I will try again later. My DS and DGS are going to the USA vs Uruguay soccer game tonight. My DGS has become quite the soccer fan and player. The game doesn’t start until 8, he will be tired tomorrow.  

Prayers for those impacted by Hurricane Beryl and others in need. Prayers for our care list. 
Have a great day. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Rabit, Rabbitt, White Rabbitt!!!  Happy July First Day!!!

And...  Happy Canada Day, too!!!

Happy Canada Day 2024 GIFs | Funimada.com

Love the Day's worth of celebration -- and at our local Center, we're celebrating USA National Ice Cream Flavors Day, too!!!  We're having an ice cream sundae party!!!

Mark Twain was such a smart man!!!  🤭

I think I'd enjoy everything suggested on the menu today!!  And, my child enjoys Japan so much, they're returning for another month, this year, in October/November!   They didn't see the place mentioned today -- but who knows, in an upcoming trip they may!!  I've been to India and Thailand and Nepal...  but that's my extent of Asian Travel.  I've seen the Holy Land...  but that's more middle eastern...

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends!

It is a warm and sunny day at the beach

Storms all around us yesterday but nothing here.

Have Water Aerobics this AM and then lunch with a few friends. Then I have to start organizing clothes, etc for the cruise. Had to buy a new suitcase as one was destroyed on our last trip. Shipping 2 which will make it easier. 

It will be a busy week here with the Holiday. Cocoa Beach cancelled their annual fireworks display. Not sure a lot of people know that. It has been an annual event for many years. So there will be some disappointed people.

Not much else going on for me.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4