Refurbishments

Thank you for the list. Renovation doesn’t mean refurbishment. We just left the refurbished Silhouette and it was fabulous. I want to know which others are similar?

• Thanks 1

Also be aware that refurbishment doesn't necessarily mean a ship was revolutionized.  About 1/2 the M and S Class either were not revolutionized or only partially revolutionized. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Carol28 said:

Thank you for the list. Renovation doesn’t mean refurbishment. We just left the refurbished Silhouette and it was fabulous. I want to know which others are similar?

The Silhouette is the only S-Class ship that was fully revolutionized.  Equinox was only partially revolutionized.  Your best bet would probably be booking an E-Class ship.  Two M-class ships were fully revolutionized 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Also be aware that refurbishment doesn't necessarily mean a ship was revolutionized.  About 1/2 the M and S Class either were not revolutionized or only partially revolutionized. 

For which we are eternally grateful.  Comfortable seating is still available on Constellation!

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 10:45 AM, Carol28 said:

Wow -- that's a lot different than our experience on her.  We found the furniture uncomfortable and a definite lack of storage, especially drawers, in the room.  

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Wow -- that's a lot different than our experience on her.  We found the furniture uncomfortable and a definite lack of storage, especially drawers, in the room.  

We loved the refurbishment generally. The extra seating at the sunset bar area, the suite deck area…She is my favourite ship!

However, I would agree that some of the furnishings were less than comfortable. Many low chairs, hard for the tall or less mobile to use. In the suite lounge I needed cushions to prop me up on most seats…

Definitely spotted the reduction in drawers. We were in the PH and all the drawers in the bathroom had become open spaces! Very pretty when not used but totally impractical to unpack your cosmetics in. Also on the balcony a couple of really odd chairs…

I guess looks over function rules!

I hope they don't ruin the "lawn" on Eclipse as they did on Equinox! Taking out the grass and adding a lot of tables and chairs is no improvement to the Sunset Bar area for me. 

6 minutes ago, 39august said:

I hope they don't ruin the "lawn" on Eclipse as they did on Equinox! Taking out the grass and adding a lot of tables and chairs is no improvement to the Sunset Bar area for me. 

For us , and a lot of friends we think it the best thing by taking out the grass and adding more tables and chairs 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 39august said:

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

For us , and a lot of friends we think it the best thing by taking out the grass and adding more tables and chairs 

Can’t please everyone😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

3/4 of the time they have the sign up not to walk on the grass , so it is pretty useless 😉

What was really funny - or sad, depending upon your point of view - was the "putting green" on Reflection.  If you play golf, you'd be scratching your head for sure.  The fringe on most greens would have made a far better putting surface.

A few of the changes: enhanced spa/fitness center, updated entertainment venues, redesigned lounges, renovated pool area, rock climbing wall, basketball court.

5 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Agree with that. 

6 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

3/4 of the time they have the sign up not to walk on the grass , so it is pretty useless 😉

I think the sign said grass is resting!

not easy to grow grass at sea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 39august said:

canderson- Where did you get this? I know there is no climbing wall on Equinox.

I was kidding about that! 😄  Just wondering about how long it will take the new CEO to RCCLize X ships. 

We've been a couple X ships after "refurbishment", and it seems that it's not always done across the board.  For example, public spaces and suites might receive all new soft goods, and then we hear reviews after the cruise stating that regular veranda cabins are still looking tired. 

If wondering what's been done on a particular ship, I'd be asking someone in a comparable cabin what they encountered since otherwise, the answer might not match up.

canderson, All kidding aside, she is doing a pretty good job of it so far!  We left RCI for X several years ago. Not happy to see all the "royalization" so far. 

• Like 1