Autistic 14 year old missing from Caribbean Princess.

Are they regular traveling companions?

No way in he** an autistic 14 year-old should be taken alone on a cruise out of the country to Europe by an elderly relative.

If he's a gamer, he's more comfortable at home, in his safe space. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

No way in he** an autistic 14 year-old should be taken alone on a cruise out of the country to Europe by an elderly relative.

And no way should have he been allowed to disembark without an adult.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Are they regular traveling companions?

If he's a gamer, he's more comfortable at home, in his safe space. 

Why do you think his grandmother is elderly?  No one posting here knows the family situation and we need to give them some grace.  The only thing clear here is he never should have gotten past security.  Beyond that it's all speculation.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Why do you think his grandmother is elderly?  No one posting here knows the family situation and we need to give them some grace.  The only thing clear here is he never should have gotten past security.  Beyond that it's all speculation.

Can I just say personally that I totally agree with this. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

My heart goes out to this family... such a terrifying situation to be in. Prayers for all involved and for the safety of the young boy. 

The challenge with making any assumptions based on media reports or what some unconnected party onboard says is that a number of details are not made public other than what is necessary to inspire others to look for the missing and anyone they may be with. Hopefully, the 14 year-old will be located quickly and his family will be afforded the privacy they deserve.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Late 60s or 70s is elderly. 

Especially keeping track of a larger (as a previous post said) autistic 14 year old in a foreign non English speaking country is not the best idea. It would be a challenge for a parent or two. Sounds like he may have been seeking solace in the world (gaming) he is used to. I have an autistic sibling, they are wired differently, hyperfocused and incredibly trusting without fear. Hope he is found safe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Why do you think his grandmother is elderly?  

Not all grandparents are elderly.  Let's say this 14 yr old has a parent who is 35, and that person's parent is 55.  Completely plausible.  I don't consider 55 elderly.  Of course, we know nothing of this family or their situation, so passing judgement seems unnecessary. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I'm feeling quite hopeful this will be resolved. It sounds like the teenager went to meet some friends he made online. Maybe he didn't realise the distance involved (Warnemunde is a good 3h from Berlin by public transport, for example) or that his family would be worried sick about him. 

I'm not judging whether he should have been on the cruise or not (we know almost nothing about his health or personal life) but he shouldn't have been allowed to disembark alone at fourteen. The fact that this is in Europe changes nothing about that.

I'm assuming that the ship has now sailed on to the next ports without them, am I correct in that? 

Hope he is found soon. A worrying time for the family.

11 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Found this quote attributed to the police:

“Rostock police said an investigation revealed that Brown and his grandmother reportedly got into an argument which led him to leave the ship”.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/american-teen-missing-germany-after-family-fears-he-lured-from-caribbean-princess-cruise-ship

I heard thes same thing on our local news.  
I wonder if their argument was about him wanting to leave to go meet up with his newly made friend and his grandmother said no.  That’s just speculation, of , but the whole situation is very sad.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I'm assuming that the ship has now sailed on to the next ports without them, am I correct in that? 

Hope he is found soon. A worrying time for the family.

I assume the same thing.  I can’t imagine they would be staying docked indefinitely or even an extra day.  

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I heard thes same thing on our local news.  
I wonder if their argument was about him wanting to leave to go meet up with his newly made friend and his grandmother said no.  That’s just speculation, of , but the whole situation is very sad.  

thanks for bringing this thread to the real situation at hand ... not ... 

thanks again - the can/should/will be examined by the appropriate when all the facts and circumstances are obtained.  Nothing more, nothing less

7 hours ago, Kay S said:

Not all grandparents are elderly.  Let's say this 14 yr old has a parent who is 35, and that person's parent is 55.  Completely plausible.  I don't consider 55 elderly.  Of course, we know nothing of this family or their situation, so passing judgement seems unnecessary. 

You are right, not all grandparents are elderly.  However, it sounds like she requires a care team, so more likely than not, she may not be young and spry.  
But, it just now dawns on me that perhaps the Care Team was for the young boy.  Hmmm?  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

thanks for bringing this thread to the real situation at hand ... not ... 

thanks again - the can/should/will be examined by the appropriate when all the facts and circumstances are obtained.  Nothing more, nothing less

You are right!  
But, I did see the same new story about them getting into an argument before he disappeared and I did note it was speculation.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

You are right, not all grandparents are elderly.  However, it sounds like she requires a care team, so more likely than not, she may not be young and spry.  
But, it just now dawns on me that perhaps the Care Team was for the young boy.  Hmmm?  

I thought Care Team is the Princess name for the individual(s) who assist passengers disembarked unexpectedly (for example, due to illness, need to return back home in a family emergency, etc.).  The name describes the job (assistance) not the physical capabilities of the disembarked passenger(s).

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I thought Care Team is the Princess name for the individual(s) who assist passengers disembarked unexpectedly (for example, due to illness, need to return back home in a family emergency, etc.).  The name describes the job (assistance) not the physical capabilities of the disembarked passenger(s).

Exactly. We had the services of a care team and that was a need to return because of premature birth in family 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

It's not at all "clear" that he "got past security" -- two of the links in Post #1:

It is not currently known if he exited the ship alone of with his grandmother. If he left alone, they don't know how he passed the security checkpoint.

It remains unclear whether Aydin left the ship on his own or if he was accompanied by his grandmother.

So, aside from the fact that the boy is missing, the whole thread is speculation -- an investigation launched by members of an internet forum most of whom are hundreds or thousands of kilometers away from the event. Ridiculous.

Edited by Outerdog
  • Like 3

The elephant that may be in the room -- human trafficking.  This isn't the only incidence of young people disappearing from cruise ships.  If the kid had arranged online to meet up with someone (allegedly) for gaming ... I dunno.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

If my grandchild was missing under my care or anyone else’s I would also require a Care Team. The Care Team may not have anything to do with her age. Someone from Princess let this child leave the ship, so I would imagine that the Care Team would stay with the grandparent. This makes my heart hurt and my prayers are with the child and his family. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

The Care Team is assigned due to the situation, not the passenger’s age. 

• Like 1