90 minutes of Wi-Fi for Elite?

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@cruzemaven, you do not need to use the 90 minutes in one session. Make sure to logout to stop the clock. 

Once I did not log out correctly and lost a lot of minutes. Went to I lounge and explained and got them back but much tougher to do that now. It has to be approved and they sometimes won't return lost minutes. They've just really tightened up guess people were abusing

Edited by drakes2
Spelling

4 hours ago, cruzemaven said:

Is that an automatic Elite perk and do we need to sign up for it when we board? Is that for Premium Wi-Fi? Thanks for any info on this.

The 90 minutes is an automatic perk for every Elite member. No need to sign up.  Yes it is premium WiFi, such as that is on Celebrity.  It's a total of 90 minutes.  You can log on for 15 minutes, log out and you have 75 minutes remaining.  If there are two of you and both are Elite, you each can create an account and each get 90 minutes.  With some couples only one member uses WiFi.  They will use their 90 minutes and then use the log in information for the other person and use that 90 minutes as well. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

The 90 minutes is an automatic perk for every Elite member. No need to sign up.  Yes it is premium WiFi, such as that is on Celebrity.  It's a total of 90 minutes.  You can log on for 15 minutes, log out and you have 75 minutes remaining.  If there are two of you and both are Elite, you each can create an account and each get 90 minutes.  With some couples only one member uses WiFi.  They will use their 90 minutes and then use the log in information for the other person and use that 90 minutes as well. 

On our last Celebrity cruise my wife got unlimited wi-fi and I had her Elite 90 minutes of wi-fi transferred to my log in which gave me a total of 180 minutes of free wi-fi and when I used those up we just used the one unlimited wi-fi package between all our devices (cell phones, her tablet and my laptop). 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruzemaven said:

Is that an automatic Elite perk and do we need to sign up for it when we board? Is that for Premium Wi-Fi? Thanks for any info on this.

Yes....automatic.  You sign in on the stateroom computer and create a password...instructions are USUALLY left on the desk by the cabin attendant. 

2 hours ago, IDL said:

On our last Celebrity cruise my wife got unlimited wi-fi and I had her Elite 90 minutes of wi-fi transferred to my log in which gave me a total of 180 minutes of free wi-fi and when I used those up we just used the one unlimited wi-fi package between all our devices (cell phones, her tablet and my laptop). 

How did you do that?  When I tried it on our last cruise I could not do it. Guest relations said it could not be done.  We had purchased an unlimited packate for her during one of the big flash sales and hot not used the 90 minute/30% off bebefit

2 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

How did you do that?  When I tried it on our last cruise I could not do it. Guest relations said it could not be done.  We had purchased an unlimited packate for her during one of the big flash sales and hot not used the 90 minute/30% off bebefit

You can sign any device into either account - one account first, then the other.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Went to the wi-fi desk, not Guest Relations and he did it with ease.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Stateroom computer?? Never had a computer in our stateroom.  You create your account using your own laptop, tablet or phone.

Correct....I mis-spoke....should have said "on your own laptop....or whatever....in your stateroom".

Edited by Oceangoer2

41 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

You can sign any device into either account - one account first, then the other.

but once we activated her account with the unlimited plan we could not access her "free" minutes for me....

41 minutes ago, IDL said:

Went to the wi-fi desk, not Guest Relations and he did it with ease.

Thanks so much. We are off to Iceland in a month and I will try it that way first..  Guest relations on the Beyond was pretty useless so I should have known to not accept their negative answer.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Thanks so much. We are off to Iceland in a month and I will try it that way first..  Guest relations on the Beyond was pretty useless so I should have known to not accept their negative answer.

We were on the Apex a couple of weeks ago and the Wi-Fi desk was “manned” most hours and very helpful; there would have been no way to transfer the free minutes between accounts that I could have figured out without his assistance. 

• Like 1

Just a hint - if you haven't heard it before - for those of you whose minutes are being clocked:

Whenever possible, compose your missives offline, off the clock, and copy/paste when you go online.  Especially valuable for slow typists and those who write long messages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 7/12/2024 at 4:48 PM, canderson said:

Just a hint - if you haven't heard it before - for those of you whose minutes are being clocked:

Whenever possible, compose your missives offline, off the clock, and copy/paste when you go online.  Especially valuable for slow typists and those who write long messages.

That's our system too works great.

Also only read incoming messages once you are off line.

Plus we share one lot of minutes then when they run out you can decide if the minutes on the other account will last for the remainder of the cruise or if you should trade them in for a discount on a full package - by that time there may well be a special deal. Our free minutes have always been enough and that was before we got 240 each as Elite+.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Our free minutes have always been enough and that was before we got 240 each as Elite+.

I also get 240 minutes and seems to be enough for a 2 week sailing as I find I'm managing quite well. Just use to call on whats app, check accounts, social media even do the odd posting. I enjoy listening to music out by the pool so make sure everything's downloaded to Spotify so I can play offline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

I also get 240 minutes and seems to be enough for a 2 week sailing as I find I'm managing quite well. Just use to call on whats app, check accounts, social media even do the odd posting. I enjoy listening to music out by the pool so make sure everything's downloaded to Spotify so I can play offline. 

Great perk, as are the free lattes/teas/chocolate and the laundry

On 7/12/2024 at 12:38 PM, IDL said:

We were on the Apex a couple of weeks ago and the Wi-Fi desk was “manned” most hours and very helpful; there would have been no way to transfer the free minutes between accounts that I could have figured out without his assistance. 

your don't need to transfer . The other person just logs in on their device with your info

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

your don't need to transfer . The other person just logs in on their device with your info

My wife had the unlimited WiFi package; that is why transferred her free minutes to my account.  After I exhausted the combined 180 minutes on my account we both just under her unlimited account log in.  Did this to avoid buying two unlimited WiFi packages and still be able to utilize all the free minutes from both out Elite accounts. 

12 hours ago, IDL said:

My wife had the unlimited WiFi package; that is why transferred her free minutes to my account.

How were you able to transfer the minutes? Last time I was on Celebrity my free minutes were lost from my account the moment I signed up for unlimited wifi package.

I had this last time as part of my booking deal. It's 90 complimentary minutes and you can sign up for your account at Guest Services. After that, we were told it reverts to basic Internet at a discount.

We were instructed to disable our VPNs in order to not interfere with Starlink.