How much are cans of soda nowadays?

Sodas used to be (last year I think) $3 a can plus gratuities. Are prices ship dependent? Have they gone up in price?

Because the soda package has, think it used to be $9.50/day and now it's a whopping $12.50/day. Plus 20% gratuities. So I'm hoping the cans aren't like 6 bucks or something ridiculous now.

Posted (edited)

@rabidstoat  I can only go by memory recall, we're probably the rare few that drink & paid for a few cans of soda onboard using our NR-OBC, typically in specialty restaurants ... beginning of this May on the Prima, was $3.25 if not mistaken, plus 20%, came to about $3.90 (didn't go over $4 per 12 oz. can)   Don't believe the price varied by the ship, rather a fleet-wide one. 

We saw the smaller 10 oz. canned soda FWIW being loaded in EU port, more for less could be next.  The water carton (Flow) was 16.9 oz. and the new one in a twisted-off aluminum can/top is 16 oz, a 5% reduction, offered at the same priced bundled tiers as before. 

Edited by mking8288

9 hours ago, rabidstoat said:

Sodas used to be (last year I think) $3 a can plus gratuities. Are prices ship dependent? Have they gone up in price?

Because the soda package has, think it used to be $9.50/day and now it's a whopping $12.50/day. Plus 20% gratuities. So I'm hoping the cans aren't like 6 bucks or something ridiculous now.

Add 20% grats to $3.50=$4.20

They will normally not serve you a can unless you have the Plus upgrade. 
IMG_5468.thumb.jpeg.4450770443ed7ced5b77f74328d28580.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

They will normally not serve you a can unless you have the Plus upgrade. 

I know that is the official policy. Whenever we have gotten soda, which is not often, when we try to hand our key card to the bartender, s/he just waves it off. It doesn’t matter to us because we do have the regular beverage package.

Edited by Maleficent's Dad

They don't have Coke zero from tap. So you will always get it from.can. just not the whole can. If you find a nice person they will give whole can. Same for sprite zero.

4 hours ago, Maanio said:

If you ask nicely you will get a can with your FAS package. Especially when you get to know the bartender.

Maybe or maybe not.  Had FAS on Prima, ordered coke zero in haven at breakfast, asked if want tap or can.  Said can, told that is extra charge.

Later I did see tap dispenser in galley.

3 hours ago, Maanio said:

They don't have Coke zero from tap. So you will always get it from.can. just not the whole can. If you find a nice person they will give whole can. Same for sprite zero.

See my pp.

Just now, dexddd said:

Maybe or maybe not.  Had FAS on Prima, ordered coke zero in haven at breakfast, asked if want tap or can.  Said can, told that is extra charge.

Later I did see tap dispenser in galley.

As far as I know there is no tap coke zero

1 minute ago, Maanio said:

As far as I know there is no tap coke zero

Well, there is on Prima in Haven.  We did not do the bts tour on that ship and have not done one since NCL moved to Coke recently to give full account of what might be on tap.

I've even seen soda poured out of 2 liter bottles on other ships.  Even soda variety, especially of diet variations can vary across the fleet.

Just now, dexddd said:

Well, there is on Prima in Haven.  We did not do the bts tour on that ship and have not done one since NCL moved to Coke recently to give full account of what might be on tap.

I've even seen soda poured out of 2 liter bottles on other ships.  Even soda variety, especially of diet variations can vary across the fleet.

Well maybe the Haven sucks then 🤣

I've gotten cans on jewel, gem, dawn and getaway

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maanio said:

Just telling you my experience 🙂 

No you told him he was wrong, big difference between what you said and saying “i haven’t seen that”

Just now, zqvol said:

No you told him he was wrong, big difference between what you said and saying “i haven’t seen that”

No I told him as far as I know. Now stop wasting your time on me.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Not a big soda drinker, so I have to ask: Why not just get a "tap" soda for free?

I decline the drink package since I don't drink. Sometimes I get the soda package but I think I'd be fine with a can a day.

If I'm paying for soda outside of the drink package I want the whole can, though. I don't want to spend $4+ for a cup full of ice and a few ounces of soda.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, miwakaly said:

Can you buy soda on shore and bring it back onboard?  same question for alcohol?

Not according to the rules. You can bring wine but there is a Courage fee of $15 unless you have a drinks package.