The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday July 24th, 2024

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Vanessa @JazzyV you reminded me to text Ren and see how he's doing this week.  I think he's taking it pretty easy and sleeping the proper way and all.  

I have a photo taken today of Clement and Declan snuggling on Mama.  They've had lots of tests today and all seems to be just fine.  We're very thankful for that!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

DD says won't it be fun to watch them grow up and see how identical they really are?  I agree!  Big sister Elliott Rose met them this morning too.  She will be 2 in October.  These new parents sure have their hands full now, but are beyond excited and grateful they were given these blessings.

Such a sweet picture Sandi. Many of us have prayed for these little guys for months,  and here they are!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone.

The podiatry appointment for DH was just a routine 2 month visit.  Non problems and thanks for all the good wishes.

We did not go to lunch.  Very cloudy and looked like rain.  Another day.  We weren’t that hungry anyway.

Sandi, @StLouisCruisers, Clement and Declan are precious.  

Hope everyone is doing well.

Terri

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

@rafinmd...just gonna throw my two cents our there as well regarding your neck discomfort.

If you spend any time on a computer it could be tight neck muscles from computer posture, your neck forward ILO upright....been down that road myself.

Heating pad will do wonders to losen those tight muscles or in my day it was called a "Herbie" a neck wrap filled with wonderful smelling lavendar etc.  Heat in the microwave and put around your neck.

Wishing you comfort from the discomfort for sure!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

You are right. They don’t want ibuprofen if you are on any other blood thinners. 

Ibuprofen can thicken your blood and increase your blood pressure which nullifies some heart medication and increases your heart attack risk.

Naproxen is safer but still a risk unfortunately for us with Arthritis.

• Like 10

Internet went down early this morning. I guess someone hit a pole was the report from a neighbor. I waited  for their promised 1pm fix, then a five fix. I will just say hi using my phone and catch up on reading when it comes back up. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@rafinmd...another two cents worth here....from my own personal stiff neck experience...you may need to invest in a new pillow!

Years ago I used to wake up with terrible stiff necks, for which I sometimes needed valium to relax the muscles. Changing my pillow did wonders, and practically stopped them altogether.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Years ago I used to wake up with terrible stiff necks, for which I sometimes needed valium to relax the muscles. Changing my pillow did wonders, and practically stopped them altogether.

I know right!  I experienced something similar just this spring and viola I treated myself to a new pillow!

• Like 12

We have just  been advised that the person I sat beside at the pancake breakfast last Saturday is now in the hospital with Covid!  We have Pat's cardiologist  appointment on Friday, so I'm praying we don't come down with it.  On that subject, Gerry, @ger_77, do you mind sharing - what kind of valve did your DH get?  He seems to be doing very well?  I need to know what questions to ask of the cardiologist!  Pat is getting very breathless and tires quickly, so I think the time is approaching when he needs to get something done.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

Good evening from central Texas.  Today did not go as planned.  We learned that one of the two watches I took to Ft. Worth was back and ready to be picked up.  To get out of the house, DH said he would drive me up there.  

It's a good thing he went, because the watch had not been fixed after all.  There is the main watch and a small one in the band.  They fixed the small one, but didn't do the main watch.  The jewelry store is sending it back.

Since we were up there anyway, we stopped at Total Wine and W-M.  That made for a long, but not wasted afternoon.  I'll read the rest of the Daily after supper.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, everyone!

We had some excitement on our street this evening.  A house across the street caught fire.  The homeowner is in North Dakota on vacation.  Her mom was staying here and she was out walking her dog when the fire broke out.  They brought out two cats and a snake.  There are two more cats that haven't been found.  One is a large orange cat and it roams the neighborhood.  There are reported sightings of it.  The other one is a white cat and typically an indoor cat, but firefighters could not find it in the house.  There was extensive damage inside the house according to the firefighters on the scene.  

My left leg is pain free more than not, so I am considering that a win.  I do think it is a nerve problem as I can induce the pain if I move the leg in certain ways.  We'll see what they say at the Pain and Spine Clinic.  I am happy that the pain is only occasional now.  It was every time I stood up before.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 14

Good evening.  Finally, everything is put away, supper is over, and the dishes are done.  It's time to relax after a busy afternoon.

8 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  Hope to get to Labrador one day, we loved Newfoundland.  The soup looks great but not in today’s heat. 

@RMLincoln yay on the pressure readings!  
@rafinmd awesome PSA levels!  Sorry about the neck issues!  Seems like you and others  are playing whack a mole! 
@kazu gotta love the grabber for fetch! 
@marshhawk good idea on the pill cutting!  Love your resilience! 
We’re still in extreme heat, unsafe smoke levels, and water restrictions.  Never what we think of when we think of summer.  and tornado warnings near our trailer so we’ll hang at home.  

Last nights sunset 

IMG_1789.jpeg

Brenda, sorry about the extreme heat, smoke and water rationing.  The smoke does make prett sunsets, but it's better without the smoke.

7 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Sadly no cousins or any relatives still living. I'll have to think of something to do for myself as self care today. It's been a while since I went through a food drive-thru, except after one of BFF's appointments, as he wanted to do that. Funny quote. Maybe for the soup, and yes to a whiskey sour and wine. I have not been to Red Bay (the biting bugs sound yucky). 2 good days in history.

It's warm, humid and cloudy here; perhaps showers later. I had my mammogram this AM. The nurse said they're caught up on readings, so I might have my results this afternoon in the online chart. After I came home I called to set up my MRI and vascular US. Since my facilities of choice were booked up until September, I'm going to go elsewhere and will need the GPS, even though it's only about 12 miles away. The PCP's maneuver was successful yesterday, but my symptoms are back today. I just realized my after visit summary had instructions for something I can do at home. I will do that later and also talk to my physiotherapist on Friday when I go to PT, to get better instruction on how to perform the maneuver. This afternoon will just be doing things around the house.

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for sharing photos of the adorable twins Clement and Declan! Congrats to the family and I'm glad all are doing well. Their weights are unusual for twins, I think. Thanks for the Red Bay photos; it looks quaint and charming (except for the biting bugs). How is Ren doing?

@grapau27 Happy Birthday to your cousin Yvonne. Nice lunch. I can relate to the stairs issue; I was going up on all fours when I had the bad nerve pain in my leg.

@rafinmd I hope you can find a way to get comfortable, so you can sleep. Maybe a heating pad to the neck? Great news on the low PSA level!

@aliaschief I'm sorry to hear that DGD has otitis media. I hope she's not in too much pain. Around here getting air ducts cleaned is advertised all the time; I have flexible ducts (since I have hot water heat) and worry about them being damaged, so I haven't done it and I don't run the AC that much. I hope your derm biopsies turn out ok.

@smitty34877 I hope Tana will eat more of the bean and pasta soup today.

@kazu It sounds like you've made some progress. I laughed at you being a good doobie, as I haven't heard that term in a long time. I hope you can start to get better sleep.

@cruising sister Safe travels for you and DGS tomorrow.

@dfish I'm glad you are not having pain in the leg. 

@RMLincoln Great news about DH's eye pressures! Enjoy your meeting with your MD friend.

@Cruzin Terri I hope no issues with Jim's podiatry appointment and I hope you get to have lunch in Hilton Head.

@St Pete Cruiser I'm glad you're having a good cruise. Thanks for the Cornerbrook photos. 

@marshhawk Do you think DH's right foot may have an infection? If it doesn't improve, I hope you can convince him to get it looked at. Prayers for you as you deal with all the issues. And nice photos.

@Nickelpenny You did well with your baking. The bread has a nice crumb, which can be hard to get. Especially in this hot weather, it's easy to overproof the dough. I like the precision of baking, and don't do well with the taste and adjust cooking.

@bennybear Ugh on the smoke levels and tornado warnings. Sadly the smoke makes for a gorgeous sunset.

@puppycanducruise I'll take a cookie! 👋

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa,I hope the at home exercises hel0 with the verigo.  It took a few days for them to work for DH.  You probably could find them on the internet.

6 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Hi everyone.

The podiatry appointment for DH was just a routine 2 month visit.  Non problems and thanks for all the good wishes.

We did not go to lunch.  Very cloudy and looked like rain.  Another day.  We weren’t that hungry anyway.

Sandi, @StLouisCruisers, Clement and Declan are precious.  

Hope everyone is doing well.

Terri

Terri, I'm glad your DH's appointment went well.

5 hours ago, lindaler said:

Internet went down early this morning. I guess someone hit a pole was the report from a neighbor. I waited  for their promised 1pm fix, then a five fix. I will just say hi using my phone and catch up on reading when it comes back up. 

I hope you get your internet back soon, if it isn't already back.

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

We have just  been advised that the person I sat beside at the pancake breakfast last Saturday is now in the hospital with Covid!  We have Pat's cardiologist  appointment on Friday, so I'm praying we don't come down with it.  On that subject, Gerry, @ger_77, do you mind sharing - what kind of valve did your DH get?  He seems to be doing very well?  I need to know what questions to ask of the cardiologist!  Pat is getting very breathless and tires quickly, so I think the time is approaching when he needs to get something done.

Ann, I hope you and Pat can stay well.  Best wishes for his cardiologist appointment.  I hope they can help him soon.

44 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone!

We had some excitement on our street this evening.  A house across the street caught fire.  The homeowner is in North Dakota on vacation.  Her mom was staying here and she was out walking her dog when the fire broke out.  They brought out two cats and a snake.  There are two more cats that haven't been found.  One is a large orange cat and it roams the neighborhood.  There are reported sightings of it.  The other one is a white cat and typically an indoor cat, but firefighters could not find it in the house.  There was extensive damage inside the house according to the firefighters on the scene.  

My left leg is pain free more than not, so I am considering that a win.  I do think it is a nerve problem as I can induce the pain if I move the leg in certain ways.  We'll see what they say at the Pain and Spine Clinic.  I am happy that the pain is only occasional now.  It was every time I stood up before.  

Debbie, that's too bad about the house fire.  I'm glad no one was hurt, and I hope they find the missing cats soon.  I'm glad tou leg is mostly pain free.

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Vanessa @JazzyV you reminded me to text Ren and see how he's doing this week.  I think he's taking it pretty easy and sleeping the proper way and all.  

I have a photo taken today of Clement and Declan snuggling on Mama.  They've had lots of tests today and all seems to be just fine.  We're very thankful for that!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

DD says won't it be fun to watch them grow up and see how identical they really are?  I agree!  Big sister Elliott Rose met them this morning too.  She will be 2 in October.  These new parents sure have their hands full now, but are beyond excited and grateful they were given these blessings.

Sandi, thanks for the sweet picture of the two precious babies with their mother.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Egads - DH just brought the dogs and cat in from the backyard saying he heard coyotes. We have neighbors on each side, but none behind us as we back up to a greenbelt. The coyotes were in the greenbelt. He thinks there were 5 or 6 of them.

Several months ago, I mentioned coyotes being seen near a park & school nearish to our area; haven't heard anything about them since. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Thanks Lenda! Sad news, the fire has reached the townsite of Jasper and is destroying buildings.  Thankful that there is no loss of human life as of now.   Our smoke had put us in uncharted numbers here.   We’ve never seen numbers this high.  We are off the charts literally,  Scary times! 

And one of DH friend’s dog was attacked by a cougar, but thankfully they were able to scare it off with two adults and another dog.   Luckily a vet was nearby and the dog will recover although he has puncture wounds on His head poor guy! 

image.thumb.png.97a6ba45b478c46b8fa3b4391f70161e.png

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7