Laura Hodges Bethage responses to Questions are an insult !!!!

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Personally the best tool I have found for feed back is the one onboard.  I've had it in the form of a QR code in the Cruise Planner we received onboard and also in the form of a printed card that wass delivered to our stateroom.   It's a way to give feedback to the Hotel Director directly.  We've seen first hand the effect it has had, with everyting from Future Cruise Credits to a heartfelt thank you from crewmembers we have commented positively about.   I keep an eye out for it every cruise and made good use of it for both positiive and negative comments. 

Agree. 

Second afternoon of our 18 March 2023 Apex cruise I walked in to the spa entrance where the desk is in the waiting area and I was walking down the hallway to the men’s shower/change room  and just before entering I heard a female voice, “sir, where are you going”? I replied to take a shower.” I entered the change room. She opened the door behind me (crossed the line there) and said, “you need to leave”. I got undressed and took my shower. That same evening when we returned to our stateroom for the night there was a mid-cruise comment card. So I filled it out describing my rude spa employee encounter. I turned the comment card in at GS after breakfast the next morning. Within 30 minutes of returning to our room the phone rang. It was GS and asked if I’d be willing to speak with the Spa Manager. I said yes and GS connected me to the Spa Manager. The Spa Manager wanted more details of my experience if any and a description of the employee. I gave her both requests. She then assured me the change rooms are for all Apex guests to use and not just spa guests.  

I use the change/shower room twice a day (7:30 AM and 3:30 PM) and I was the only one in there at those times. She also told me she would brief her staff accordingly. She also offered me free spa time but I declined. Not a spa person. Then we got off the ship for the day. When we returned to our room there was a message on our phone from the HD following up and he echoed what the spa manager told me and to call him if need to. I didn’t as the issue was resolved politely and quickly. We also had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a note signed by the HD and spa manger in our stateroom. I plan on using the spa shower/change room on our September 2024 Edge cruise. The spa contractor and their employees don’t maintain the shower/change rooms. All cleaning, restocking of towels, lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner and even putting robes and slippers in each locker is done by a Celebrity employee. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This topic was posted yesterday morning (Wednesday). Laura has not posted answers yesterday. Nor today. Given the intriguing topic title (honestly, it is insulting), I am afraid we may not be given answers tomorrow either. 

7 hours ago, doghog said:

We aren't and don't. No matter the service provided or the business. I don't concern myself with someone's job security, working conditions, benefits,wages, ect. 

Wow. I feel sorry for the staff on your cruises.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Personally the best tool I have found for feed back is the one onboard.  I've had it in the form of a QR code in the Cruise Planner we received onboard and also in the form of a printed card that wass delivered to our stateroom.   It's a way to give feedback to the Hotel Director directly.  We've seen first hand the effect it has had, with everyting from Future Cruise Credits to a heartfelt thank you from crewmembers we have commented positively about.   I keep an eye out for it every cruise and made good use of it for both positiive and negative comments. 

Good info, I will look for it on my upcoming cruise

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Begging for a perfect score is not unique to Celebrity. They were doing it on my first cruise on Carnival in 1986. Back then they gave you a card to fill out before you disembarked. On my last cruise on Royal Caribbean the survey actually asked if any of the servers asked you to give 10's. I just find the entire thing annoying. The service and food have declined so much over the years that no cruise line deserves a perfect score. If you are new to cruising and you have nothing to compare it to 10's could be a legitimate score. Quite honestly if you are a high tier Captains club member Elite plus or Zenith why are they asking you? First of all those groups are the first to complain and send emails acknowledging distain every time they make a change. Second they keep coming back anyway so Celebrity has no reason to appease them. Surveys are a total waste of time and money for everyone involved.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, doghog said:

Agree. 

Second afternoon of our 18 March 2023 Apex cruise I walked in to the spa entrance where the desk is in the waiting area and I was walking down the hallway to the men’s shower/change room  and just before entering I heard a female voice, “sir, where are you going”? I replied to take a shower.” I entered the change room. She opened the door behind me (crossed the line there) and said, “you need to leave”. I got undressed and took my shower. That same evening when we returned to our stateroom for the night there was a mid-cruise comment card. So I filled it out describing my rude spa employee encounter. I turned the comment card in at GS after breakfast the next morning. Within 30 minutes of returning to our room the phone rang. It was GS and asked if I’d be willing to speak with the Spa Manager. I said yes and GS connected me to the Spa Manager. The Spa Manager wanted more details of my experience if any and a description of the employee. I gave her both requests. She then assured me the change rooms are for all Apex guests to use and not just spa guests.  

I use the change/shower room twice a day (7:30 AM and 3:30 PM) and I was the only one in there at those times. She also told me she would brief her staff accordingly. She also offered me free spa time but I declined. Not a spa person. Then we got off the ship for the day. When we returned to our room there was a message on our phone from the HD following up and he echoed what the spa manager told me and to call him if need to. I didn’t as the issue was resolved politely and quickly. We also had a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and a note signed by the HD and spa manger in our stateroom. I plan on using the spa shower/change room on our September 2024 Edge cruise. The spa contractor and their employees don’t maintain the shower/change rooms. All cleaning, restocking of towels, lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner and even putting robes and slippers in each locker is done by a Celebrity employee. 

I look at a lot of the comment cards and guest interaction if in any way negative how the follow up comes thru.  

11 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

This topic was posted yesterday morning (Wednesday). Laura has not posted answers yesterday. Nor today. Given the intriguing topic title (honestly, it is insulting), I am afraid we may not be given answers tomorrow either. 

I doubt very much that LHB cares about a poster here characterizing her answers as an insult.  Maybe got a chuckle out of it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

Not to mention Laura’s name is misspelled on the title of this thread.

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Begging for a perfect score is not unique to Celebrity. They were doing it on my first cruise on Carnival in 1986. Back then they gave you a card to fill out before you disembarked. On my last cruise on Royal Caribbean the survey actually asked if any of the servers asked you to give 10's. I just find the entire thing annoying. The service and food have declined so much over the years that no cruise line deserves a perfect score. If you are new to cruising and you have nothing to compare it to 10's could be a legitimate score. Quite honestly if you are a high tier Captains club member Elite plus or Zenith why are they asking you? First of all those groups are the first to complain and send emails acknowledging distain every time they make a change. Second they keep coming back anyway so Celebrity has no reason to appease them. Surveys are a total waste of time and money for everyone involved.

Not really. However, they're not for the purpose some people think, which is to get what people individually think. And hence why some expect a response when they give a bad rating and question why they don't hear something.

They're there to look at the broader trends, and for comparative purposes. They get everyone's rating, and if there's an overall movement up or down over time, then questions can be asked. Similarly, if one ship is rating much better, or worse, than others they can look at that. But they don't individually care that one person gave all 10s, or all 1s, or lots of 10s but a 1 somewhere else.

And as said earlier by others, they also play a role in ratings assigned to individual staff - but again as an overall figure. Not because one person gave a certain rating.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, doghog said:

I never said I didn't complete or recognize the importance of the surveys. I always do them and  I'm honest with my scoring and additional comments. 

Thanks.  I likely didn't understand your previous comment.  They (surveys) are important for providing feedback and for recognizing those who deserve it.    

31 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Thanks.  I likely didn't understand your previous comment.  They (surveys) are important for providing feedback and for recognizing those who deserve it.    

They use the surveys to determine who is promoted, bonuses, shore excursions and many other things. That's why it"s important to mention outstanding crew.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Orator said:

They use the surveys to determine who is promoted, bonuses, shore excursions and many other things. That's why it"s important to mention outstanding crew.

I've always wondered about this.  For the crew, it's all about luck.  In a perfect world, the passenger writes "John Doe, our waiter from Blu, was the best", yet how often does that happen (rhetorical)?  More realistically...

-No last name, name tags only list first names

-If no last name, hopefully, no one else with the same first name

The passenger doesn't mention the job/section

-Passenger can't even remember how to spell the name well enough for X to identify 

19 minutes ago, Orator said:

Yes, thanks.  That is one of the points I was trying to make too.   I expect among those many other things is identifying which contracts won't be renewed.  

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I've always wondered about this.  For the crew, it's all about luck.  In a perfect world, the passenger writes "John Doe, our waiter from Blu, was the best", yet how often does that happen (rhetorical)?  More realistically...

-Passenger can't even remember how to spell the name well enough for X to identify 

Hmmm - sadly you are probably correct.  If I'm interacting with the same person(s) through out a cruise, I would hopefully remember their names.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

My Wife is real good about asking folks to write their full name out on something when we get excellent service..she keeps a specific cruise notes on her iPad for this, crew have just put their full names there for her..they seem to appreciate it...much easier to recall when we get home..

• Like 2

Similar to the Jerry Seinfeld’s rental car stand up comedy routine; she may be willing to accept all questions but answering them not so much.  I submitted a question July 4th concerning the price of the meal at Eden and not even the courtesy of a response. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IDL said:

Similar to the Jerry Seinfeld’s rental car stand up comedy routine; she may be willing to accept all questions but answering them not so much.  I submitted a question July 4th concerning the price of the meal at Eden and not even the courtesy of a response. 

If she answered, it would be a safe bet she would have replied with something like this, obviously replacing the beverages with specialty dining pricing

image.thumb.png.5c2001407093f458ce104f13a888292f.png

• Like 1

Maybe off topic, but...

Wasn’t AI taken away because people preferred to have a choice, but all Celebrity did was raise the pricing on many categories, but suites in particular?  Why must one purchase a suite with everything but gratuities if they do not drink alcohol?  Yes, please be Laura when you answer.

4 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If she answered, it would be a safe bet she would have replied with something like this, obviously replacing the beverages with specialty dining pricing

image.thumb.png.5c2001407093f458ce104f13a888292f.png

I would expect a corporate say nothing response but someone on her staff could have sent that type of “canned” response immediately (or have AI wrote and send it).  To answer weakly or not answer at all over the course of three weeks shows sustain for their customers.  

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, IDL said:

I assume you think it’s too high..what do you expect her to say? Others book it and say they really enjoy it..do you want a special discount? 

FWIW, it seems high to me too..I prefer the Rooftop Grill on E Class myself..although the bar in Eden during the day is sometimes a nice place to get a drink.

Edited by PTC DAWG