Potential Security Breach on Princess Website

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Define "ghosted." Is that hasn't responded to a msg from yesterday after breach or still waiting from last week before CrowdStrike oops? 

5 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago - emails never responded to - about specialty dining with premier and status on app - nada - ... boo

• Like 1

@voljeep definitely time for either a new CVP or a TA! 😲 you are more patient than me. I would've requested an update from the general # a month ago! Vacation? On leave? Replacement!

1 hour ago, beachgirl50 said:

Ludicrous that Princess can message about login and booking access not being available, but give no info about the possible breach. And, all the while, continuing to push their revenue-producing opportunities. 

The people cruising in the near future might appreciate knowing they can book some of that stuff.

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Oh the horror. There have been so many data breeches I have lost count of how many free credit monitoring services I receive.

Yes happening all the time. My credit union got hit with a random ware attack a couple of weeks ago. Took out all online banking services for a week

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Get a TA.

We ditched our PVP long ago. 

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@voljeep definitely time for either a new CVP or a TA! 😲 you are more patient than me. I would've requested an update from the general # a month ago! Vacation? On leave? Replacement!

I'll prolly just make final payment direct online ( I've always done that in the past ) in the next couple of days

No desire to get a TA at this point for this cruise - just want to get thru this ... and unless we get a move over offer - well, Princess price point for the hassle is maybe getting out of hand.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Oh the horror. There have been so many data breeches I have lost count of how many free credit monitoring services I receive.

breaches

I can spel. Somethymes.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

My booking looks correct, but I am still worried about someone having had access to my information and potentially taken screenshots. This stuff about screenshots being posted on FB is terrifying.

This is very scary. Others have said that data breaches happen all the time, but I have never had one where so many random people can see such personal info. I am having regrets about booking a Princess cruise. I will be a one and done!

7 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

This is very scary. Others have said that data breaches happen all the time, but I have never had one where so many random people can see such personal info. I am having regrets about booking a Princess cruise. I will be a one and done!

if before final, can you still cancel and get your deposit back?

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

But when you ignore that and select log in button at top of screen do you also get in? I saw that and got in the normal way anyway. Hoping someone else who saw that tries

Did see the log in with name / DOB / Booking # at the bottom but other was (log in ID / password worked fine)

Logged in after seeing the banner, no problems

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

if before final, can you still cancel and get your deposit back?

No. My cruise is very soon. I just logged into app and on the main site on my lap top. Everything looks okay. I am grateful to have cruise critic to know what us happening so I can keep my eye out for anything strange happening with any of my accounts.

• Like 5

I just logged in and everything worked as it should. My bookings don't show any evidence of tampering and being that Princess cruisers are a pretty honest group, this ended as I expected. 🤙

I hope this was just a one-time event with no data harvested. 🤞

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I’m with you, except the part where we will be one and done.  No way will I stop cruising on Princess because of this however, they need to get out notices for those that were compromised.  This is a major mess.  I have to ask my cyber security friends and family if they believe other’s data was viewed only if we were logged in at the time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Great time to advise everyone to freeze all credit reporting agencies (3 in USA: Experian, Equifax, TransUnion) so that if you're compromised your info is useless. 

This.  In fact, if you’re a frequent traveler, it’s a good idea to keep them frozen all the time. Ours have been that way for years, but when I receive a good offer, I unfreeze whichever company they search and then re-freeze it ASAP, unusually the same day. 

But…I’m not sure what can be done with a stolen passport number. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Yes happening all the time. My credit union got hit with a random ware attack a couple of weeks ago. Took out all online banking services for a week

My hairdresser uses Patelco. Out for numerous weeks. Really bad when assets are frozen.

55 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

You've been lucky. Att had 2nd breech in 2019 but notified this week that I wasn't affected (yea!! Consideringthat a win). Thus extending my free credit monitoring. Xfinity and PGE notified me that I was compromised last year. IRS sent my (then) 8 yr old grandson a pseudo number to file under (he's 23 now, nothing new, moved on). My credit was frozen with 1st ATT breech in 2017 so IDK. 

@Cruise Raider interested in what your friends say as the ONLY current # on Princess is TSA & United member #. (Autopay on home security system hacked 7/5/24 currently waiting for a new visa#). 

• Like 1

@PescadoAmarillo i even keep my debit card blocked at all times. I'm considering blocking the new visa then unblocking it only for use IF autopays would still go through. I must have bad luck if I'm the only one here that has been notified if a breech

43 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’m with you, except the part where we will be one and done.  No way will I stop cruising on Princess because of this however, they need to get out notices for those that were compromised.  This is a major mess.  I have to ask my cyber security friends and family if they believe other’s data was viewed only if we were logged in at the time.  

It would be good for Princess to inform people that there was a breach. Not everyone has Cruise Critic or Facebook. I am going to see if the cruise youtubers are talking about this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

This.  In fact, if you’re a frequent traveler, it’s a good idea to keep them frozen all the time. Ours have been that way for years, but when I receive a good offer, I unfreeze whichever company they search and then re-freeze it ASAP, unusually the same day. 

But…I’m not sure what can be done with a stolen passport number. 

Excellent idea, thanks for the reminder. Here in Canada, I'm only aware of Equifax and TU, and I just locked/froze both. I think I'll keep them pretty much permanently frozen from now on, only releasing them if needed, which fortunately is very rarely. That being said, simply freezing credit reporting agencies won't stop someone who, thanks to Princess IT, now has all my CC data and can order massive amounts of goods online. Fingers crossed Visa Security can stop any such fraud, as they've done for us in the past, like the time they called me in a rush and asked if I had just ordered a fur coat in Houston ;o(

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

I called my T/A yesterday. She told me they were uploading 2026 cruises to the website. Maybe this caused the issues…..

If so, their IT is beyond bad. The 2026 cruises should only be changes to the database, not to the code that runs everything.

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

You can easily find DOB information online.

You can't find mine. I actively check these things and get them removed.

3 hours ago, beachgirl50 said:

Ludicrous that Princess can message about login and booking access not being available, but give no info about the possible breach. And, all the while, continuing to push their revenue-producing opportunities. 

They aren't going to message about the breach until they (a) know exactly what happened and who was affected, (b) fix it, and (c) run that message by upper management and legal.

It's not something you do on the fly while fighting a fire. For one thing, you have to tell people what you are going to do to fix it and you can't do that until you know exactly what happened and how it was fixed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

My hairdresser uses Patelco. Out for numerous weeks. Really bad when assets are frozen.

You've been lucky. Att had 2nd breech in 2019 but notified this week that I wasn't affected (yea!! Consideringthat a win). Thus extending my free credit monitoring. Xfinity and PGE notified me that I was compromised last year. IRS sent my (then) 8 yr old grandson a pseudo number to file under (he's 23 now, nothing new, moved on). My credit was frozen with 1st ATT breech in 2017 so IDK. 

@Cruise Raider interested in what your friends say as the ONLY current # on Princess is TSA & United member #. (Autopay on home security system hacked 7/5/24 currently waiting for a new visa#). 

even though I no longer live in California my credit card is through Patelco. Wasn’t really a big deal as my card never stopped working and I was not charged a late fee