Silhouette, especially Aqua class

May B

Posted (edited)

Hi, we’re booking our first Aqua class. I tried searching the spreadsheet, but neither of my devices can do it.

Do any of the deck 11 verandas get smoke from the pool area?

And I can’t remember exactly … slant cabins have larger veranda but same size actual stateroom as others?

Anything else you think I should know? 

TIA

Edited by May B

We have stayed on Deck 11 multiple times both starboard and port side and never smelled smoke from pool deck. But we haven’t stayed in every cabin. 

Slant cabins have larger balcony but cabin itself is the same as the others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, May B said:

Hi, we’re booking our first Aqua class. I tried searching the spreadsheet, but neither of my devices can do it.

Do any of the deck 11 verandas get smoke from the pool area?

And I can’t remember exactly … slant cabins have larger veranda but same size actual stateroom as others?

Anything else you think I should know? 

TIA

Look on a deck plan to see what is above you.  That makes a big difference for us.  I never experienced smelling smoke on Deck 11.  My issue has been the overhang which cuts down the amount of sunlight on the veranda.  But that is good for many cruisers.  

Slant cabins have the same size room but the verandas are longer and it can be windy.  

• Thanks 1

You shouldn't have any issues with smoke from the pool area. You can go to cruisedeckplans.com and select the public site and then Celebrity Silhouette. There is a tool that allows you to drag and drop one deck onto another to see what's above you to help choose a cabin. The slant balconies are larger but the cabins are the same.

• Thanks 1

I sailed in AQ1549 on Silhouette in April. It was a slanted balcony with extra space, limited obstruction from window washing apparatus (did not bother me at all). Room was full size, under Aqua Spa cafe, no noise or smoke issues. Would book again with no reservation.

• Like 1

The only issues we ever had was when docked in some ports.  The ships docked  across from us allowed smoking on the balconies.  The smoke would fill up the area between ships.  

There was also some that didn’t adhere to the regulations and smoked on their balcony. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On S class such as Silhouette we decline the free one category upgrade and rather book an A2 stateroom under the salon or Persian Garden. No overhang, no noise from the pool deck. 

Posted (edited)

we also skip the upgrade to A 1,  due to  some bad locations..not always a great "perk"!  

we prefer to book under safest area we can....lowest noise  potential from deck above...

Edited by hcat

I have stayed on both the port and starboard sides, never the ones facing aft.  Have never had an issue with smoke.  When on your balcony you can hear any movies or shows being projected on the screen above but it has always, in my multiple experiences, been muted enough to not bother me.  Two "issues" - there was no overhang so in warm climates it can get very hot on the balcony, and as such the cabin itself can sometimes be warmer than you might be used to.  That said, unless I can get a hump balcony mid-ship these are my favorite AQ cabins on M class.  One thing I like is the close proximity to the rear elevators and stairs for an easy trip to the restaurants and buffet.  It is also usually nice and quiet in that area without a lot of foot traffic.