Dedicated Glass Elevator Bank

Hello,

My son's favorite on board activity is riding glass elevators.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was a ship with an elevator bank where the button only called glass elevators and not also non glass elevators.  Strange request I know but would make mommas life easier.  :). Thanks 

3 minutes ago, acct252000 said:

Hello,

My son's favorite on board activity is riding glass elevators.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was a ship with an elevator bank where the button only called glass elevators and not also non glass elevators.  Strange request I know but would make mommas life easier.  :). Thanks 

Carnival ships with glass elevators have a bank in the Atrium that are only called by the buttons next to them. The newer ships may not have glass elevators (I don't specifically recall seeing them on Mardi Gras) but I did see them on Legend, Pride and Glory.

Just never know what you might see in a glass elevator!!

Harmony of the Seas, forward elevators.

IMG_9230.thumb.jpeg.382a1c2646e4e7c3420b4b998b17f839.jpeg

Yep! The piano player moved his piano all over the ship, including an elevator one evening!!

• Like 3

On 7/26/2024 at 2:53 PM, Dock B said:

Just never know what you might see in a glass elevator!!

Harmony of the Seas, forward elevators.

IMG_9230.thumb.jpeg.382a1c2646e4e7c3420b4b998b17f839.jpeg

Yep! The piano player moved his piano all over the ship, including an elevator one evening!!

Oh geez!  When I first looked at that picture, I thought that girl was bare butt.  😁

Posted (edited)

Even if the call button was common to both, with RRCL ships there are usually three or so of each elevator type on each side of the ship at each elevator bank and if the one that arrives first is an inside elevator you can just push the button again and wait for the next glass elevator to arrive.  And in our experience there are the glass elevator types on every RCCL and Celebrity ship.

Edited by leaveitallbehind