The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday July 31st, 2024

Good morning and thanks all!

@ger_77 my condolences on the loss of your friend!  
@kazu glad you got a lot done! 
@quilty964your DGd has done amazing work!  
@luvteaching happy birthday to your DS

@grapau27nice to see some greenery on your plate😁
@marshhawklove the sentiment! 
We have our lovely clear blue skies back today so I’m grateful! 

IMG_1811.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Aww so cute !  What a bunch of sweeties ♥️ 

4 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad you have helpers to move all the boxes.

Not a lot of choice in the matter, Lenda.  Not only could my legs not handle it, I’m not allowed to lift weights of any sort for a few more days.

@ger_77  Gerry, I am no Wonder Woman.I do a bit, rest the legs and go back for more punishment.  LOL.  My guys do the moving of any boxes I pack, etc.   “We’re a team” as I keep getting told.

Gerry I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of Maurice’s friend.  My condolences to you both.  My prayers are with him, his family and both of you

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

@ger_77  I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of Maurice's friend.  

@quilty964 Your granddaughter is beautiful and the quilt is lovely!

@luvteaching Happy Birthday to your son!

@Vict0riann I think if we descended on @kazu Jacqui would organize us but we might end up on the deck drinking wine.  As well as being messy painters and bakers, we are also good wine drinkers.  Why do you think we make such a mess painting and baking?   It would be a fun time, though.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser I don't know what the issue is with the leg, but It will come up at my follow up appointment.  I'm going to give it until next week and see how things are.  Needle trauma could explain the pain in the back near the injection site and down through the butt.  I've had that before and it takes about two weeks to go away.  The rest sometimes feels like an aggravated nerve and sometimes doesn't.  They did say it could take a month for the ablation to take effect.  I am still enjoying not waking up at night in pain.  That's the best part for me.

Edited by dfish
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Rabbits, Rabbits White Rabbits. 

Good morning on this Thursday, the first day of August.

Thanks for posting the HAL Fleet locations and the opportunity to share daily news.

Will read all the posts later.

• Like 23

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@ger_77  I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of Maurice's friend.  

@quilty964 Your granddaughter is beautiful and the quilt is lovely!

@luvteaching Happy Birthday to your son!

@Vict0riann I think if we descended on @kazu Jacqui would organize us but we might end up on the deck drinking wine.  As well as being messy painters and bakers, we are also good wine drinkers.  Why do you think we make such a mess painting and baking?   It would be a fun time, though.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser I don't know what the issue is with the leg, but It will come up at my follow up appointment.  I'm going to give it until next week and see how things are.  Needle trauma could explain the pain in the back near the injection site and down through the butt.  I've had that before and it takes about two weeks to go away.  The rest sometimes feels like an aggravated nerve and sometimes doesn't.  They did say it could take a month for the ablation to take effect.  I am still enjoying not waking up at night in pain.  That's the best part for me.

Debbie, I hope the pain goes away with time and more movement.  I'm glad you can still waking up without pain.

I had forgotten another unusual instrument that younger DD gave DH for Christmas one year. It's a mini Kalimba Gourd Wood 8 key thumb piano.  We saw time on our African cruise in 2009, and I learned they are essential part of life in Burkina Faso.  The leather strap goes around the neck and as the name implies, it is played with the thumbs.

20240731_155047.thumb.jpg.9d1dd2c90da460dac6b071a91bffca98.jpg

20240731_155059.thumb.jpg.71002d4fcba97ea66f4d86dc02169c94.jpg

453324028_122203680800010688_280832811330547340_n.jpg.4d810090f6ea44ff3f63061acd778969.jpg

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Haha 7

Thank you my friends for your sweet comments about little Declan, Clement and Elliott Rose's photos--Melanie @puppycanducruise, Elizabeth @Haljo1935, Nancy @ottahand7, Ann @cat shepard, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Vanessa @JazzyV, Carolyn @Cruising-along, Ann @Vict0riann, and Jacqui @kazu.  I'm so proud of that couple and their special family.  Yep, they're adorable!

Karen @luvteaching many birthday wishes to your DS today on his 48th birthday!  🎂

Karen @quilty964 your DGD is so precious!  She looks to be pretty talented, too with that quilt pattern!  Good for her!👍

Gerry @ger_77 my condolences to your DH and yourself on the loss of his long-time friend.  I'm sure his family must be devastated. 😢 

Vanessa @JazzyV  I'm glad to hear the change in position last night helped you with pain and sleeping.  Hopefully the RA medication is a good one for you.

Charlene @cunnorl and @St Pete Cruiser, thank you both for the photos from your Isafjordur stop today.  You truly did have wonderful weather!  Your Dutch lady friends are right, it was very cold on the June 29 to July 20 segment.  Prior to that too.  I enjoyed the photos from both of you.  Those puffins are so cute!  Wish I could have been with you today Charlene to see those puffins in person.

DS inquired today if he could ask a favor of us.  He and DDIL have had a trip to Singapore planned in August for her DD DF's Distinguished Lecture series which is held annually there to honor him.  They wondered if we could come to Frisco, TX to stay with Ren during their absence.  Ren may be freed of his sling in mid August and they don't want him driving right away.  We might need to give him a lift home from school.  Other athletes can help him get to school from the soccer practices in the morning.  Plus they really didn't want him left alone in case of emergencies.  So looks like we'll be heading to Texas in two weeks.  We will go about 2 days ahead of time and stay an extra 2 days after DS's return.  DDIL will stay a little longer than DS to catch up with friends, etc.  I hadn't planned on any travel before the mid-September DGD's Ohio wedding.  I'm trying to catch up on the counted cross stitch Christmas stocking.  I didn't get as far along as I wanted to while on the cruises!  I've been working on it these past couple of days and there's still so much to do! 🙁

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

For the first time I got an upgrade offer for my upcoming cruise. The price asked was way too much, so I'll pass. Who knows what may happen in the next 27 days, but who's counting.

• Like 20

24 minutes ago, richwmn said:

For the first time I got an upgrade offer for my upcoming cruise. The price asked was way too much, so I'll pass. Who knows what may happen in the next 27 days, but who's counting.

Us too...

A special paid upgrade offer for you, call today!

image007.png

Congratulations, you have been selected for a special paid upgrade offer!

Enhance your cruise and reward yourself by taking advantage of a reduced rate to upgrade your accommodations. Here is your offer:

Upgrade for select bookings from your Signature Suite
to the following best available:
Neptune suite for an additional $3999 per person USD/$5303 per person Canadian

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Thank you for all of the kind words about Alex and her quilt.  She went through my scrap piles and picked what she wanted.  She cut the strips and laid out the design.    She did a great job.  This is her 2nd quilt.  Her 1st was a Frozen design.  Her younger sister also did a Frozen quilt, we had fun shopping for the coordinating fabric!   Our quilting group has a lady who does all of the longarm quilting! 

Alex's 1st quiltimage.thumb.jpeg.5c6795055923b3434fa396fc916a8424.jpeg

Emilia and her quilt top.  She wanted it to go to a little girl who didn't have a quilt.  It went to Project Linus

image.thumb.jpeg.ffcb492f279169b5130ba2e1198041e7.jpeg

Edited by quilty964
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Thank you for all of the kind words about Alex and her quilt.  She went through my scrap piles and picked what she wanted.  She cut the strips and laid out the design.    She did a great job.  This is her 2nd quilt.  Her 1st was a Frozen design.  Her younger sister also did a Frozen quilt, we had fun shopping for the coordinating fabric!   Our quilting group has a lady who does all of the longarm quilting! 

Emilia and her quilt top.  She wanted it to go to a little girl who didn't have a quilt.  It went to Project Linus

Sweet and admirable. Beautiful girls too.

• Like 14

Good evening, everyone.

I had decided that the solar eclipse cruises were too expensive and that I should just stay home and put a new roof on the house.  I also want a new driveway.  My PCC called to talk about those cruises and I told her the northern routes were too expensive and the Med one was too hot.  Well, the Med one is pretty reasonable in price.  And, we discussed that with the northern cruises it is often cloudy out and that would affect our enjoyment of the eclipse.  So then she suggested the 13 day Med cruise on the Oosterdam.   That looked ok, but I really liked the 20 day one and Sue, who was listening in said if we were going to go all the way over there, we should do the 20 day cruise.  So, right now both the 13 day cruise and the 20 day cruise have a hold on them.  We have to let her know by Friday.  Now, as a former Earth Science teacher, I am almost compelled to go see that solar eclipse.  I mean, they could strip my credentials if I don't, right?

@quilty964  What cool quilts and how wonderful that your DGD wanted the quilt she made to go to someone who didn't have one.  

@StLouisCruisers That is a great opportunity for you and Dennis to spend some 1-1 time with Ren.  I'm sure he'll enjoy it as well.  It is so nice that you are able to do that.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thank you my friends for your sweet comments about little Declan, Clement and Elliott Rose's photos--Melanie @puppycanducruise, Elizabeth @Haljo1935, Nancy @ottahand7, Ann @cat shepard, Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, Vanessa @JazzyV, Carolyn @Cruising-along, Ann @Vict0riann, and Jacqui @kazu.  I'm so proud of that couple and their special family.  Yep, they're adorable!

Karen @luvteaching many birthday wishes to your DS today on his 48th birthday!  🎂

Karen @quilty964 your DGD is so precious!  She looks to be pretty talented, too with that quilt pattern!  Good for her!👍

Gerry @ger_77 my condolences to your DH and yourself on the loss of his long-time friend.  I'm sure his family must be devastated. 😢 

Vanessa @JazzyV  I'm glad to hear the change in position last night helped you with pain and sleeping.  Hopefully the RA medication is a good one for you.

Charlene @cunnorl and @St Pete Cruiser, thank you both for the photos from your Isafjordur stop today.  You truly did have wonderful weather!  Your Dutch lady friends are right, it was very cold on the June 29 to July 20 segment.  Prior to that too.  I enjoyed the photos from both of you.  Those puffins are so cute!  Wish I could have been with you today Charlene to see those puffins in person.

DS inquired today if he could ask a favor of us.  He and DDIL have had a trip to Singapore planned in August for her DD DF's Distinguished Lecture series which is held annually there to honor him.  They wondered if we could come to Frisco, TX to stay with Ren during their absence.  Ren may be freed of his sling in mid August and they don't want him driving right away.  We might need to give him a lift home from school.  Other athletes can help him get to school from the soccer practices in the morning.  Plus they really didn't want him left alone in case of emergencies.  So looks like we'll be heading to Texas in two weeks.  We will go about 2 days ahead of time and stay an extra 2 days after DS's return.  DDIL will stay a little longer than DS to catch up with friends, etc.  I hadn't planned on any travel before the mid-September DGD's Ohio wedding.  I'm trying to catch up on the counted cross stitch Christmas stocking.  I didn't get as far along as I wanted to while on the cruises!  I've been working on it these past couple of days and there's still so much to do! 🙁

Sandi, you could have a lot of time to work on the stocking while Ren is in school and at practice.  Just remember it will still be hot in Texas in August.

56 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Oth the girls' quilts are wonderful. What a generous gesture to give the quilt to Project Linus so a little girl who doesn't have a quilt will het one.

31 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone.

I had decided that the solar eclipse cruises were too expensive and that I should just stay home and put a new roof on the house.  I also want a new driveway.  My PCC called to talk about those cruises and I told her the northern routes were too expensive and the Med one was too hot.  Well, the Med one is pretty reasonable in price.  And, we discussed that with the northern cruises it is often cloudy out and that would affect our enjoyment of the eclipse.  So then she suggested the 13 day Med cruise on the Oosterdam.   That looked ok, but I really liked the 20 day one and Sue, who was listening in said if we were going to go all the way over there, we should do the 20 day cruise.  So, right now both the 13 day cruise and the 20 day cruise have a hold on them.  We have to let her know by Friday.  Now, as a former Earth Science teacher, I am almost compelled to go see that solar eclipse.  I mean, they could strip my credentials if I don't, right?

@quilty964  What cool quilts and how wonderful that your DGD wanted the quilt she made to go to someone who didn't have one.  

@StLouisCruisers That is a great opportunity for you and Dennis to spend some 1-1 time with Ren.  I'm sure he'll enjoy it as well.  It is so nice that you are able to do that.

Debbie, all the cruise ideas sound good.

Lenda

• Like 13

Catching up… 

Tomorrow is eye doctor, I hope he’s as happy as I am!  Pressure has stayed under target almost all week, usually well below!  You all have helped SO much!  

Every blessing Annie and Chuck. Get some sleep! Know we’re all on your side. 
m—

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇.

Good luck to all Dailyites for a new month.

Thank you Rich for starting us off every morning.

We have been offered paid upgrades on our last several P&O cruises as well as Royal Up paid upgrades on Royal Caribbean.

It seems a lot of the cruise lines are doing this now.

Regards.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2024 at 8:03 PM, quilty964 said:

That is so nice and admirable. I'm sure everyone is so proud.

Please let them both know I think their quilts are beautiful and the recipients will be honored to have them.

• Like 1