New Celebrity Ascent ad. I was shocked. 2 seasoned citizens shown in the first 20 seconds...

Stockjock

I thought they only wanted 30 and 40 year old types.  There are, however, plenty of younger folks with firm flesh, moving about in slow motion.  But at least there's a brief nod to some of us who aren't quite so fresh anymore, lol.

FWIW, I'll be on Ascent in a few days out of Civitavecchia.

• Like 5

The music in the ad brought back memories of being on hold on the phone for long periods of time last year.  Response time has greatly improved  for me this year.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Gross… Young people. 😎 😁

Touché. 😉 

You're right.  Diapers in the hot tub *are* gross.  That's all I'll say.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I thought they only wanted 30 and 40 year old types.  There are, however, plenty of younger folks with firm flesh, moving about in slow motion.  But at least there's a brief nod to some of us who aren't quite so fresh anymore, lol.

FWIW, I'll be on Ascent in a few days out of Civitavecchia.

Not quite. Celebrity's primary target demographics has traditionally been adults 50+.  So the older ladies in the ad would certainly fit that.  But in particular with the "E" class ships they are expanding that to more of a 40+/- demographic.  But all ages have always sailed with Celebrity, including some families with children (hence the children's club programs) as well as older adults, and their ships' designs and on board atmosphere reflects the more adult, non-amusement park, intent. "E" class ships are a more vibrant upscale design and the ads are IMO intending to capture that.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Baby or Adult?

Family time in the "Adult" only Solarium (lol) often means small children in the hot tubs.  And yes, some of them wear diapers.  😭

(Hey you!  Yes you, the guy who thinks the hot tub is for his family only.  Don't you dare pretend to not understand me.  I speak Spanish too.  I've been speaking it, poorly, since the mid 1980s.)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not quite. Celebrity's primary target demographics has traditionally been adults 50+.  So the older ladies in the ad would certainly fit that.  But in particular with the "E" class ships they are expanding that to more of a 40+/- demographic.  But all ages have always sailed with Celebrity, including some families with children (hence the children's club programs) as well as older adults, and their ships' designs and on board atmosphere reflects the more adult, non-amusement park, intent. "E" class ships are a more vibrant upscale design and the ads are IMO intending to capture that.

What is Celebrity doing exactly to attract younger passengers?  Because some of us would love it if they got rid of the 60's & 70's music.  Or is it because they're keeping the lounges open longer?  Pool parties at 2am?

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, zitsky said:

What is Celebrity doing exactly to attract younger passengers?  Because some of us would love it if they got rid of the 60's & 70's music.  Or is it because they're keeping the lounges open longer?  Pool parties at 2am?

Likely none of the above. I don't think they are attempting to be a party ship. But the "E" class ship design and venue offerings (Magic Carpet, Eden, etc.) are certainly more upscale and unique than anything offered on "M" and even the "S" class ships.  I just think those elements would attract a somewhat younger adult demographic IMO versus the more sedate designs of there other ships and as I mentioned previously the new ads reflect that.  Again, JMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

18 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Family time in the "Adult" only Solarium (lol) often means small children in the hot tubs.  And yes, some of them wear diapers.  😭

(Hey you!  Yes you, the guy who thinks the hot tub is for his family only.  Don't you dare pretend to not understand me.  I speak Spanish too.  I've been speaking it, poorly, since the mid 1980s.)

I have never understood why X continues to allow children in diapers in the hot tubs.

If said children “used” their diapers in the pool all guests would be required to get out while the staff drained and disinfected the hot tub.

SMH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I have never understood why X continues to allow children in diapers in the hot tubs.

If said children “used” their diapers in the pool all guests would be required to get out while the staff drained and disinfected the hot tub.

SMH.

Staff doesn't enforce the rules.  Are you going to tell parents that their little "angel" isn't safe in a hot tub and shouldn't be there?  I will say something if I see a diaper.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, desibee said:

Do Seasoned Citizens have salt and pepper hair? 😝

I was wondering the same.. 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.6cf762c78a366f35a9819c41f15b8c52.jpeg

Edited by PTC DAWG

In that video it looks like Blu has outdoor terrace seating. Is that really a thing on Ascent? I didn't see anything indicating that on the deck plans. That would be nice if the weather was pleasant.

10 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

In that video it looks like Blu has outdoor terrace seating. Is that really a thing on Ascent? I didn't see anything indicating that on the deck plans. That would be nice if the weather was pleasant.

I wondered about this also Have they used footage of the outdoor space next to the Eden Cafe for that shot?

11 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

Not associated with BLU..only in PR material  

• Like 1

I'll find out about the outdoor Blu area in February and report back. Although I'm not certain if I would even want to eat out there since we will be in the Caribbean and it might be too warm.

• Like 1

I do not blame X and the staff for those diapers- darlings in the hot tubs. It´s the parents that are to blame - they just don´t care and give their little darlings the thumbs up , when darling Prince or Princess **** in the hot tub. THEY should be forced to clean up that mess. Of course there are still those out there who really take care of the offspring, not all are to put into the same cupboard.

• Thanks 1