The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday August 17th, 2024

richwmn

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Jacqui @kazu, it sure sounds like you have had some good showings. And Ivan has been a trouper!  When is your move in date, are you still moving this month?  You have so much going on. 

the move in date is up in the air.  Apartment won’t be ready.  That’s a story for another day.  I’ll wait until Monday to see the offers if there are some and what closing dates are requested and figure it out from there.

I thought for once something was going right for the first time since Jose died 9except for Ivan) - guess not. 🤬

• Like 9
  • Thanks 17

I just spoke (text) with twin and she's in pain since about 2 am.  She dealing with it the best she can and takes the meds but not as often as they are allowed.  Right now I think she should though.  She's hot and wants her hair up in a scrunchie but her DH has no idea how to do that!  She's thinking of calling a neighbor!  She must be very, very hot!🥵

19 minutes ago, dfish said:

I was told to gate check a bag or not fly once.  The bag contained my CPAP machine.  I tried to explain it to the agent at the gate and she responded by taking it from me and throwing it to the tarmac.  Needless to say, the machine was damaged.  When I reported it to the airline they said I shouldn't have gate checked it.  

That is inexcusable behavior by a gate agent!  Sometimes you get some really bad ones like that, other times they are quite nice.  Shame on the airline telling you it was your fault for gate checking it!!  Are you kidding me?  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

ScreenShot2024-08-17at08_40_53.png.c17d92694aea29b99499a37f173d73c3.png

Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I do like black cats and I so appreciate my feet but do wish they were skinnier and smaller, and I will forget the meaning of "is" on purpose.  I do not get the quote at all.  The meal looks very appealing as well as the drink but I will pass on the wine and I have never been to Ireland.  Two fantastic days in history.

IMG_8213.thumb.JPG.a1be1520c59fd427fad6414aae8e8008.JPG

The door is open and the weather seems just so dang nice right now.  It is almost 0900 and the temp is 86F with only 46% humidity.  We are expecting some thunderstorms today but let's see if it happens over me.

ScreenShot2024-08-16at06_56_50.thumb.png.cf3155d22ad3bc7703b4d026bc951e2f.png

Lots of people sailing or getting ready to as the list seems to grow every day!!  That is exciting.  My Navigator app states ~75 days until departure but I fly out 10 weeks from today.  Gosh, I haven't been on a BHB for 155 days and I am in the horrible midst of withdrawal and gloominess.  Sort of like when I moved back to the US and I could not fathom how I would be able to travel again.  Of course, surgery got in the way but this soon will pass.

ScreenShot2024-08-16at06_57_25.thumb.png.caade1034551cbd4d9af86305e4d439d.png

I had a fun day yesterday; the 7th graders haven't quite gotten the memo on how they should behave in middle school.  Not that they were bad but just not quite with the program.  An 8th grader I must of had last year came up and gave me a hug, which made me smile.  And I saw another teacher I used to work with who now is at the Jr High as a SPED teacher and she will let me know if she needs a sub.  🙂 

@0106 Bon Voyage!!  

Welcome home @ski ww and @luvteaching

@lazey1 I am glad your DS was able to get AHCCS!!!

@StLouisCruisers Glad your DSis shoulder surgery went well

ScreenShot2024-08-16at06_58_14.thumb.png.1d07d30b8ae6461900da5bf7c2987e90.png

Thoughts for everyone around the world and especially those here who need an extra hug.  Cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I just spoke (text) with twin and she's in pain since about 2 am.  She dealing with it the best she can and takes the meds but not as often as they are allowed.  Right now I think she should though.  She's hot and wants her hair up in a scrunchie but her DH has no idea how to do that!  She's thinking of calling a neighbor!  She must be very, very hot!🥵

After I had my rotator cuff repair I just didn't want to take the pain meds as often as they prescribed.  Got over that pretty quickly after I took double the amount so I could sleep the second night instead of taking them every 4 hours to stay on top of the pain.  Never, never again and I started doing it correctly.  This nurse is NOT a good patient most of the time!!

• Like 25
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, dfish said:

I was told to gate check a bag or not fly once.  The bag contained my CPAP machine.  I tried to explain it to the agent at the gate and she responded by taking it from me and throwing it to the tarmac.  Needless to say, the machine was damaged.  When I reported it to the airline they said I shouldn't have gate checked it.  

That is absolutely despicable!!

• Like 27

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all!  Love that quote and the drink and salad sound wonderful!  Thanks @summer slope@dfish@cat shepard   We enjoyed our stay near Cork, I’ll look forward to the photos! 

@0106 Bon voyage! 
@ottahand7 sorry to hear about your DB,  hope he recovers well.  
@kazu if people are bringing inspectors that’s a great sign.   Interesting how the home is being marketed.  I want photos of your floors!  So glad Ivan has found that kneeling pad.  Makes me smile. 
@smitty34877 glad you have some help, those wonderful dogs!  Amazing how they know! 
@StLouisCruisers glad your sister’s surgery went well,  x hope she can get the pain under control.   Beautiful market, although I like baby carrots,  that ginger and mushrooms look wonderful.   
@dfish that’s awful about the damage to your CPAP.   

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks for all the news.  I check the morning newspaper and do the sudoku, and then I come here for the "real" news!  We have been in Ireland twice in the last couple of years, in 2023 we flew to Cork and rented a car to drive the Wild Atlantic Way to Cortmacsherry, Pat's "home town" where he says the last remaining Irish cork tree remains.  Then, this Spring, we had a day in Cobh and had a lovely visit and meal with @VMax1700.

A few pics.

Cobh from the ship

IMG_4809.thumb.jpeg.913f842a8dc3059d99da71051a24cf80.jpeg

Lovely Irish smoked salmon for lunch

IMG_4830.thumb.jpeg.cc8b33d04bc87552ac3a8157ca75ce54.jpeg

or a full Irish

IMG_4829.thumb.jpeg.d4ea0a3e783bb0ade753a8ead0a0f67d.jpeg

Part of the Titanic memorial garden

IMG_4821.thumb.jpeg.8ad14d96cd1d87b7d947abe51025a795.jpeg

Driving the "Wild Atlantic Way"

IMG_3839.thumb.jpeg.747533c6cb93c6637174454418467cab.jpeg

IMG_3848.thumb.jpeg.c327c93de7f3c9aa2c72ec718492ee8b.jpeg

IMG_38452.thumb.jpeg.f4e82068d97bf394e4bb4a230eed0c95.jpeg

The Lusitania memorial and the Old Head of Kinsale golf course

IMG_3833.thumb.jpeg.9bef89499863ba6c5430e6d8c8cf84ea.jpeg

IMG_3837.thumb.jpeg.4312a162d6e5951d9addd2208bf1cbf8.jpeg

In Courtmac, the cork tree

IMG_3884.thumb.jpeg.dc6635c47f984642d0e420298ae35617.jpeg

IMG_3888.thumb.jpeg.43ea00e15abf40656fc0681dc3e4d6da.jpeg

Our appointments went alrightl this week, Pat had his angiogram, not much fun, and we will have to wait and see what the results show, and if they can do the valve replacement that way.  The radiation oncologist gave me some choices, I think I will do one week of radiation plus 5 years of drugs. I was offered the option of going to Bellingham for the radiation, it would happen sooner, but I will wait and do it here.  Better if we stay close to home for Pat.

Prayers today for those that need them, and celebrations with those cruising!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11

6 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

After I had my rotator cuff repair I just didn't want to take the pain meds as often as they prescribed.  Got over that pretty quickly after I took double the amount so I could sleep the second night instead of taking them every 4 hours to stay on top of the pain.  Never, never again and I started doing it correctly.  This nurse is NOT a good patient most of the time!!

I've just informed her to take her meds exactly as prescribed and not to stretch it out.  I told her she must listen to her older (by 6 minutes) sister!!

• Like 17
  • Haha 11

Good morning all!

We'll have a sunny day in the high 70's, with rain expected later tonight.  Fingers crossed, we need it!

I love black cats, and have had many in my life (my own, neighbor's, and family's).  They actually are definitely the sweetest of any cats I've had.  I don't love my feet, but am very thankful I've never had any problem with them.  No comment on the meaning of "is"!

I would like the 2nd recipe, but would cut way back on the sugar (but leave a little in).  Also would like the drink and wine.  We have been to Cork but not Ringaskiddy, so no photos.  

Good news from BFF.  Her DDIL Amber is finally scheduled to have the final surgery.  This will be to replace the skull cap that was removed because of brain swelling after her stroke.  They say she's finally ready and it will be done August 30.  She seems to be doing well, of course adjustments have had to be made but considering everything, it's all good.

Today DD and family will be coming home from Whistler and will pick up the cats.  We'll miss them, but I can't wait to undo all the kitty-proofing and get the house put back together. 😉  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers I'm glad that your sister is doing well after her surgery.

Bon Voyage Tina @0106! I'm following your Live-From -- thanks!

Welcome Home @ski ww!

Welcome Home Karen @luvteaching!

Terry @smitty34877 I am so glad that your DS and DGS are there and providing so much help.

Vanessa @JazzyV So very glad to hear that you're doing some better!!

Annie @marshhawk I can't say how I really feel about those creeps who killed your black cat...or I'd be banned.  But if I could have gotten my hands on them....😡 That kind of ignorance makes me fume.  My beloved cat was killed by 2 roaming dogs -- that was hard enough but I can't imagine what I would do if it had been a person. 😞  

The latest black cats in my life:

"Jinx" the neighbor's cat RIP.  He's watching a mole hill here in my yard.

Jinxandmolehill.jpg.c4e12ea68914255fd233214c47efc31b.jpg

"Soot", our grand-kitty who is here now at our house.

Sootonbox.jpg.c7909a04fb2dff39304105d8bbafd3af.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good morning a bit late for no reason except that I am running a bit late. Sunny here with a possible rain shower this afternoon (but I doubt it). The nights are wonderfully cool and when the dogs and I walk early in the morning there is a definite hint of Fall in the area. I notice the number of tourists in town is down.... there are actual parking spots available. We will get the town back until skiers arrive.

Another sort of blah day here... and nothing special on the agenda. @kazuIvan looks relaxed, even with all the traffic in "his" house. Sorry the move date is up in the air. I am one who likes to have things planned out .... and then of  course the plans usually go by the wayside anyway.

Best wishes to all.

Susan

• Like 30

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I've just informed her to take her meds exactly as prescribed and not to stretch it out.  I told her she must listen to her older (by 6 minutes) sister!!

Good job Big Sister!!  LOL!!

• Like 17
  • Haha 5

@StLouisCruisers Sandi we have a guy here in Georgetown who grows so many varieties of mushrooms for our Farmer's markets. 

My girlfriend bought several. Forest Nameko and Lion's Mane come to mind. She sautéed them with onions and baby potatoes and lots of herbs and butter. It was so delicious.

• Like 21

Posted (edited)

Our Zuiderdam Voyage of the Vikings is enjoying a sunny day in Qaqartoq, Greenland. We are only the third large cruise ship to call this season as icebergs and wind have kept the others away. Just yesterday, the Oceania Marina was unable to tender its guests in. The colorful buildings looked great today and I thought the town of 3000 seemed bigger and nicer than it did in 2009.

We are in our last week and most of us are well pleased with this Legendary Voyage. Henk,  Hotel GM,  chatted with me last night at the 5 star party, that next year's Voyage of the Vikings will be his last assignment. I asked if he knew why no other Holland America ships besides the Zuiderdam Voyage of the Vikings, are scheduled for the Prins Christian Sund in 2025 or 2026, but he only guessed it was do to time limitations. 

Enjoy your weekend wherever you are. 

20240817_122324.jpg

20240817_121817.jpg

20240817_101230.jpg

Edited by St Pete Cruiser
Wording
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@kazu if people are bringing inspectors that’s a great sign.   Interesting how the home is being marketed.  I want photos of your floors!  So glad Ivan has found that kneeling pad.  Makes me smile. 

Brenda y9u can see pics of the floors in the listing here.   https://teamroberts.ca/featured/106-doncaster-drive-quispamsis-nb-e2e-1r2/

The living room, hall, staircase, master bedroom and sitting room and upstairs hall way are all in Brazilian cherry. The family room is just an unfinished oak floor that we liked and kept.

Afree ib the marketing 0 I would have priced the house #100,000 more but the realtors had the stats to show this has worked for the right homes.  I’ll find out in a couple of days, I guess.

11 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

@kazuIvan looks relaxed, even with all the traffic in "his" house. Sorry the move date is up in the air. I am one who likes to have things planned out .... and then of  course the plans usually go by the wayside anyway.

I am the same Susan - a big planner.  I don’t do well when things go haywire.  I spend a lot of time planning   Anyone who has cruised with me can vouch for that LOL 😂 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Our Zuiderdam Voyage of the Vikings is enjoying a sunny day in Qaqartoq, Greenland. We are only the third large cruise ship to call this season as icebergs and wind have kept the others away. Just yesterday, the Oceania Marina was unable to tender its guests in. The colorful buildings looked great today and I thought the town of 3000 seemed bigger and nicer than it did in 2009.

We are in our last week and most of us are well pleased with this Legendary Voyage. Henk,  Hotel GM,  chatted with me last night at the 5 star party, that next year's Voyage of the Vikings will be his last assignment. I asked if he knew why no other Holland America ships are scheduled for the Prins Christian Sund in 2025 or 2026, but he only guessed it was do to time limitations. 

Enjoy your weekend wherever you are. 

20240817_122324.jpg

20240817_121817.jpg

20240817_101230.jpg

I'm glad the Zuiderdam made it to Qaqortoq this week.  I was there last year and thought the town looked like it had boomed since my previous visit.  These sunny day visits make the colors really stand out don't they?  

• Like 22

Good morning again, but I probably should say good afternoon, since it will be afternoon by the time I finish typing this.  I got outside about 45 minutes earlier than normal, and that made a big difference until I ran of shaded areas to mow.  One good thing about lack of rain, is quite a bit of the non watered yard is dormant and doesn't need mowing.  With only needing to mow the green areas, the yard was finished in less than 2 1/2 hours.  When I got inside, the weather app said it was 89F and felt like 99F.  It's now 94F, and I don't want to know what it feels like.  

4 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

Lenda, @Quartzsite Cruiser ...  It is an already toasty morning and HUMID!!!  And 104+ is predicted for this week!

Aren't we so very lucky we are in central Texas this summer???

I can't complain, at all.  I choose to live here.  And I love my friends here!!!

After living just north of Houston for 14 years, I'm glad to be away from the humidity near the coast.  We are in the northern part of central Texas, about 45 miles north of Waco.  Our temperatures are more like Dallas, but not quite as extreme.

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. Yes, the Calvary arrived in the form of my 13year old grandson and my DS. They went grocery shopping at the farm store we have nearby and got a lot of things I usually don’t buy but appreciate. So many choices for meals in the next few days. My son made bean and cheese enchiladas to go with the vegetarian chili I made earlier in the day.

Last night they took turns getting up with Tana so that I could sleep. One of the dogs nudged me awake around five as DGS was sound asleep and help was needed. I don’t usually sleep past five anyway!

My feet continue to work hard and I appreciate them. I had a very physical job and they help up better than some other joints. I appreciate black cats and will stay away  from the “is” thing.

My grandmother came from Cork as a 16 year old with her siblings. She played the piano for their Vaudeville act. Even as a child I could tell she was the life of any party with her piano and songs. I would love to see her birthplace.

@0106, Bon Voyage!

IMG_3521.jpeg

Terry, I'm glad your DS and DGS took turns helping Tana last night so you could get some sleep.  At least, you got sleep until the four legged aide said you were needed.  Dogs have a wonderful way of knowing who or what is needed.

4 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  72. partly sunny, rain expected with low chances of happening, but violent storms if it does.  Cool.  I dont mean temperature cool.  I just love weather, besides, hot humid and sunny.

DH's vision is so bad, that he sees all the kittens as black, but only one is solid black.  And Since he grayed out on his chest and his lower belly, turns out he isn't solid black either.  When we met that woman at the vets who said she was interested in Turnip, she really expressed interest in Ollie.  She said no one has black cats anymore at the shelters.  I did have a solid black cat when I was in highschool, someone beat him to death.  I am not superstitious about cats, just people.

This is Tazi, and I will need to find some way to get the kittens to sit still so I can get pictures of them.

image.thumb.jpeg.33be0974b1514b635672d8a866ddcbc7.jpeg

When I was going through my pictures this morning, I found this -it makes me happy, and I cannot wait until this heat goes down, and that DH and I can walk the bird sanctuary trails again-it is time to make time for us.

image.thumb.jpeg.c6ca85bbbd01ec13fa5cf66d1e41564c.jpeg

I think that if you drank too many of those Midsummer Nights Dream, the barkeep may say-what fools these mortals be.

At 7:30 I got a text.  I figured it was Donna, as she watches the house until she sees the kitchen light come on, and then that is when she sends me a request, or some nosy neighborhood news.  Nope, it was one of my bosses telling me that he had switched me to Orlando this morning.....I start at 9:30.  I know I have a ton of call backs, but the cats ripped out the call back page from my notebook, and I have no idea who I will be calling.  I cant find what they ripped out, because they also eat paper.  LOL.

I hope everyone has a great day! 

Annie, do you think you bosses will buy the line, "my cats ate my work notes"?  What happened to your black cat was horrible beyond words.  

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning all,

We have cloud cover again, and it’s in the 70s now and going up. Our fabulous neighbor drove us to the airport early this morning, and so we sit with coffee and wait for boarding. Being so impressed with AirTags on our last flights to a cruise, we purchased another (DH asked for another), and our little “fleet” is deployed in our luggage and carry ons. I took “Rover1” this time- but maybe I should have renamed him.😳. Looking around it’s amazing how many people have carry ons that blatantly defy the limits. Our planes are full and the airline offered free check on for the carry ons. We have backpacks with camera equipment so I’m really hoping we’re not required to gate check because someone decided to take an oversized item.

Have a great day everyone!

Safe travels today.  I hope you get to keep your carry-ons with you.

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  It’s overcast here in St. Paul with a chance of some rain today.  Not exactly the forecast a young couple want to hear on their wedding day.  Press on!  Thanks for the daily updates, I look forward to them each morning.

I love black cats, very panther like.  I don’t think my feet will think that I love them after I jail them in tuxedo shoes later this afternoon.  The wedding is black tie so there are no options.  Lying is lying.

The quote is pretty funny.

The meal sounds very nice and I would try the drink out of curiosity but I can’t promise that I’d finish it.

I haven’t been to today’s port.  Thanks for sharing your photos.

Prayers for those on our prayer list and for those in need of them.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!  Bon voyage @0106 🍾🚢

I hope the weather cooperates during the wedding.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Debbie, what that gate agent did was beyond despicable.  I hope you told them what really happened after you were told you should not have gate checked the bag.

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  It’s been a busy couple of weeks.  We had a new furnace/ac unit installed last Friday. That was a quick project, issue discovered on Monday, quoted on Wednesday and installed last Friday.  Had them back out this week since they didn’t set up the new thermostat to be programmable.  We also had our sewer line cleared out twice, since the first time they created a clog.  Work continues to be busy and I’m mentoring a new person to the group.

I’m packed for next Saturday with the exception of electronics.  Today’s agenda is making the house pet sitter ready.  

I’ll celebrate black cat day, even if Mona gets me out of bed at 4 am.  She is always up for an afternoon nap and sometimes I accommodate her request.  Hopefully I catch up on sleep while on the Zuiderdam.

20230605_191034.thumb.jpeg.defc0b43c8802a81f754162114057ac6.jpeg

Wow Jake on being pack so early.  I'll start gathering items to pack a week or so before we leave, but pack the day before.

56 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That is inexcusable behavior by a gate agent!  Sometimes you get some really bad ones like that, other times they are quite nice.  Shame on the airline telling you it was your fault for gate checking it!!  Are you kidding me?  

Sandi, sometimes it takes getting behind on the pain meds for the lesson to be learned.  I'm glad her big sister told her to take the pain meds as scheduled.

38 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites, and thanks for all the news.  I check the morning newspaper and do the sudoku, and then I come here for the "real" news!  We have been in Ireland twice in the last couple of years, in 2023 we flew to Cork and rented a car to drive the Wild Atlantic Way to Cortmacsherry, Pat's "home town" where he says the last remaining Irish cork tree remains.  Then, this Spring, we had a day in Cobh and had a lovely visit and meal with @VMax1700.

A few pics.

Cobh from the ship

IMG_4809.thumb.jpeg.913f842a8dc3059d99da71051a24cf80.jpeg

Lovely Irish smoked salmon for lunch

IMG_4830.thumb.jpeg.cc8b33d04bc87552ac3a8157ca75ce54.jpeg

or a full Irish

IMG_4829.thumb.jpeg.d4ea0a3e783bb0ade753a8ead0a0f67d.jpeg

Part of the Titanic memorial garden

IMG_4821.thumb.jpeg.8ad14d96cd1d87b7d947abe51025a795.jpeg

Driving the "Wild Atlantic Way"

IMG_3839.thumb.jpeg.747533c6cb93c6637174454418467cab.jpeg

IMG_3848.thumb.jpeg.c327c93de7f3c9aa2c72ec718492ee8b.jpeg

IMG_38452.thumb.jpeg.f4e82068d97bf394e4bb4a230eed0c95.jpeg

The Lusitania memorial and the Old Head of Kinsale golf course

IMG_3833.thumb.jpeg.9bef89499863ba6c5430e6d8c8cf84ea.jpeg

IMG_3837.thumb.jpeg.4312a162d6e5951d9addd2208bf1cbf8.jpeg

In Courtmac, the cork tree

IMG_3884.thumb.jpeg.dc6635c47f984642d0e420298ae35617.jpeg

IMG_3888.thumb.jpeg.43ea00e15abf40656fc0681dc3e4d6da.jpeg

Our appointments went alrightl this week, Pat had his angiogram, not much fun, and we will have to wait and see what the results show, and if they can do the valve replacement that way.  The radiation oncologist gave me some choices, I think I will do one week of radiation plus 5 years of drugs. I was offered the option of going to Bellingham for the radiation, it would happen sooner, but I will wait and do it here.  Better if we stay close to home for Pat.

Prayers today for those that need them, and celebrations with those cruising!

Ann, thanks for the pictures.  I'm glad you had a choice in the radiation treatment, and have a plan in place.  I hope Pat's angiogram shows they can do the valve replacement through a vein.

32 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We'll have a sunny day in the high 70's, with rain expected later tonight.  Fingers crossed, we need it!

I love black cats, and have had many in my life (my own, neighbor's, and family's).  They actually are definitely the sweetest of any cats I've had.  I don't love my feet, but am very thankful I've never had any problem with them.  No comment on the meaning of "is"!

I would like the 2nd recipe, but would cut way back on the sugar (but leave a little in).  Also would like the drink and wine.  We have been to Cork but not Ringaskiddy, so no photos.  

Good news from BFF.  Her DDIL Amber is finally scheduled to have the final surgery.  This will be to replace the skull cap that was removed because of brain swelling after her stroke.  They say she's finally ready and it will be done August 30.  She seems to be doing well, of course adjustments have had to be made but considering everything, it's all good.

Today DD and family will be coming home from Whistler and will pick up the cats.  We'll miss them, but I can't wait to undo all the kitty-proofing and get the house put back together. 😉  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers I'm glad that your sister is doing well after her surgery.

Bon Voyage Tina @0106! I'm following your Live-From -- thanks!

Welcome Home @ski ww!

Welcome Home Karen @luvteaching!

Terry @smitty34877 I am so glad that your DS and DGS are there and providing so much help.

Vanessa @JazzyV So very glad to hear that you're doing some better!!

Annie @marshhawk I can't say how I really feel about those creeps who killed your black cat...or I'd be banned.  But if I could have gotten my hands on them....😡 That kind of ignorance makes me fume.  My beloved cat was killed by 2 roaming dogs -- that was hard enough but I can't imagine what I would do if it had been a person. 😞  

The latest black cats in my life:

"Jinx" the neighbor's cat RIP.  He's watching a mole hill here in my yard.

Jinxandmolehill.jpg.c4e12ea68914255fd233214c47efc31b.jpg

"Soot", our grand-kitty who is here now at our house.

Sootonbox.jpg.c7909a04fb2dff39304105d8bbafd3af.jpg

Carolyn, thanks for the update on Amber.  I'm glad she's made enough progress that the final surgery can be done.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

the move in date is up in the air.  Apartment won’t be ready.  That’s a story for another day.  I’ll wait until Monday to see the offers if there are some and what closing dates are requested and figure it out from there.

I thought for once something was going right for the first time since Jose died 9except for Ivan) - guess not. 🤬

Jacqui, I'm sorry the apartment won't be ready in time.  I hope you get several good offers to choose from, and that the buyer doesn't want a move in date too soon.

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Somewhere around this time in two weeks I will be heading to Pier 91 to board Westerdam. I will be arriving in Seattle a couple of days before that.

If any of the Daily readers who are on the Majestic Japan cruise want to get together, there are plenty of sea days at both the beginning and end of the cruise to plan something.

See y'all soon!

• Like 25

Posted (edited)

@kazu ooh the Brazilian Cherry floors!  Our next door neighbour has them,  they are lovely and I really like that oak in your family room.  I’m sure it will be scooped up and I’m sure for more than asking.  If your house was here it would be gone in a flash for triple.  Prices have jumped so much.  Our DS bought a very small house three years and it has nearly doubled,  crazy.   I’m really hoping that the delay is a minor hiccup,  just one you really don’t need,  but maybe it will allow you a little more time to move in.   Looking for a silver lining! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning (it’s still morning here 😉) and thank you for the HAL fleet report and all the daily information.

Well, it’s getting close to cruise time, and I really need this time off from work. I wish I could retire but I keep booking cruises. 

Today I start packing. When I was younger, I could pack the day before traveling. Now my back doesn’t like it so I take a week to pack little by little. 

Thank you all for caring and sharing. 🤗 Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List. Stay safe and healthy everyone. 

• Like 29

This may be a dumb question, but two people here mentioned something about lying.  I never saw it brought up.  Can I be blocked from reading someone?    Did I block someone?  Ee gads!  What have I done?

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

This may be a dumb question, but two people here mentioned something about lying.  I never saw it brought up.  Can I be blocked from reading someone?    Did I block someone?  Ee gads!  What have I done?

They must be referring to Bill Clinton and it depends on what the meaning of "is" is.  It's officially The Meaning of "IS" Day.  Yay!  Not!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

LOL - most of us aren't...I tried to micro-manage my meds after my spinal fusion....should have listened to the doc to start with....

• Like 18
  • Haha 2

@kazu Thank you for sharing your beautiful home!  I agree the listing price looks low, and I certainly hope the guidance you got from the realtor is accurate. We will know very soon!  
I can imagine how irritated you must be at your new place waffling on the date.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1