The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 1st, 2024

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We sail at 5. i met Sue in the elevator. 

Wonderful thanks!  I will start watching the marina cam at 4:30 just in case the Captain decides to leave early, I thought somebody told me they can do that if everyone expected is on board?  We left about 10 minutes early on my last Princess cruise, same pier opposite HAL.

• Like 6

Last week we watched a show on Netflix about Cats.  There were 4 types of original small cats throughout the world.  Most looked spotted or like tiny tigers, but the quest was to figure out which one became the domesticated cat we love now.  Turns out the answer was the Egyptian desert cat, and the Egyptians were so intrigued by the colors of the cats, that the Ginger ones were more wanted than the others, so the bred ginger cats....with other cats to get more ginger cats.  So if you have a ginger cat, you can tell him, that his ancestors were very famous.  Some of them, were gods!  

The other thing I have read about gingers, are they are male, and they are the most loyal to one person than  any other type of cat.

Bob a gingee

image.thumb.jpeg.7160a09f35a66abd59394fbd04b1318a.jpeg

Furnando

image.thumb.jpeg.fe5b4d025bb58b9920578a9f545010c5.jpeg

This is Collared- oneo of the outdoorians, he is very loyal to me, and he is not a ginger, he's just always hungry.

image.thumb.jpeg.33171e9ccb8810eeeb593489f6058d17.jpeg

Tonight is steak and potato salad.  It would have been roasted potatoes but I forgot to buy olive oil to roast with.  Very lazy day today, I stayed up late last night looking at pictures of the Oosterdam, dreaming of something that wont happen until next year, but I have pretty much scheduled an event for each day of this years, non cruise trip.  We will be on a boat every other day, but not to stay.  They will throw us off after the 3 hour cruise.....

@RedneckBob-looking for fun, and feeling groovy

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Good Afternoon Everyone!

We had an enjoyable short getaway to the Oregon Coast for our anniversary this past week.  I went whale watching and we saw some grey whales! (Hubby stayed on land, he went on one whale watching trip when we were in Alaska and said he has seen enough!)  It was a beautiful sunny, warm trip out on the water! 

On the way home we stopped and visited with # 2 son and family.  It was fun to hear about the first days of school for the grands.  Tomorrow will be low key, we will have two grandsons come to stay with us for a couple days, while their folks take brother to some follow up medical appointments.  It works well as # 1 daughter teaches at the school they attend so she will take them to and from school.  Going to let them choose the menu for dinner the next couple of days, then they can help fix it!  They like doing this.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend. (I'll post a picture of Miss Whale, not sure why but everyone referred to the whales we saw as "she"  but they didn't tell us!) LOL

Denise

IMG_5931.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Last week we watched a show on Netflix about Cats.  There were 4 types of original small cats throughout the world.  Most looked spotted or like tiny tigers, but the quest was to figure out which one became the domesticated cat we love now.  Turns out the answer was the Egyptian desert cat, and the Egyptians were so intrigued by the colors of the cats, that the Ginger ones were more wanted than the others, so the bred ginger cats....with other cats to get more ginger cats.  So if you have a ginger cat, you can tell him, that his ancestors were very famous.  Some of them, were gods!  

The other thing I have read about gingers, are they are male, and they are the most loyal to one person than  any other type of cat.

Bob a gingee

image.thumb.jpeg.7160a09f35a66abd59394fbd04b1318a.jpeg

Furnando

image.thumb.jpeg.fe5b4d025bb58b9920578a9f545010c5.jpeg

This is Collared- oneo of the outdoorians, he is very loyal to me, and he is not a ginger, he's just always hungry.

image.thumb.jpeg.33171e9ccb8810eeeb593489f6058d17.jpeg

Tonight is steak and potato salad.  It would have been roasted potatoes but I forgot to buy olive oil to roast with.  Very lazy day today, I stayed up late last night looking at pictures of the Oosterdam, dreaming of something that wont happen until next year, but I have pretty much scheduled an event for each day of this years, non cruise trip.  We will be on a boat every other day, but not to stay.  They will throw us off after the 3 hour cruise.....

@RedneckBob-looking for fun, and feeling groovy

I have a little Abyssinian, I'm having trouble posting pictures today from my phone, but I downloaded one off the internet so people can see what they look like, there are a few varieties, but "ruddy" is the most common. 

Edit to add: Abyssinians have been found depicted in ancient Egyptian sculture

image.thumb.jpeg.fd5b4258acea2845fbdfdee5f9ce400c.jpeg

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 14

6 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

My computer just gave me a weather notice, ready?  Rain tonight.

For where?  It's a muggy 82 here, ugh, and partly cloudy, although I think I'm going to go sit on the balcony while watching the Westerdam leave, maybe if I shut my eyes it'll feel like a Neptune Suite, what do you think?

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

There are several of those at the bow, nicknamed "The Commodore's Cufflinks".  In reality, they are spare propeller blades.

Roy

Yes, at first glance, they almost appear to be a sculpture! 

• Like 12

Thank you to 

@StLouisCruisers, @smitty34877, @Sharon in AZ, @ottahand7, @puppycanducruise, @marshhawk, @RMLincoln, @rafinmd, @Denise T, @Quartzsite Cruiser, @ger_77, @cat shepard, @cunnorl, @bennybear, @Overhead Fred, @Haljo1935, @luvteaching, @durangoscots, @Cruising-along, @JazzyV, @dfish, and @atexsix.  

for the lovely Birthday wishes.  I truly appreciate it.

If i left out anyone, it is truly an oversight and I am sorry.

Thank you again.  I had a lovely day.

Terri

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We made it! Very fast check in and all the way through!

20240901_111032.thumb.jpg.19f28a777eeec14528ad1038288ae185.jpg

Bon Voyage!  Great picture!!

5 hours ago, richwmn said:

My group had an extremely easy check in. I had arranged for a shuttle at 11:00. We were all ready early and I got a text that the car had arrived about quarter till. We loaded up and had a comfortable ride to Smith's Cove. It is now 1pm, and we have checked in, boarded, had lunch, and my luggage just arrived.

The only glitch I had was one I have had before. For some reason I am about 50% on the facial recognition deal. As has happened before, I had to have someone look at my passport and do the verification. After that it was smooth sailing.

I have watched the Muster Video, and will visit my Muster Station shortly (not currently available) and then I'll be set for the rest of the cruise.

I hope everyone continues to have a good labor day weekend

Rich, have a great cruise!  

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Late update. Baby arrived!  Everyone seems healthy, exhausted but happy! Thanks for all your positive support! 
Maureen 

Happy to share my birthday with a newborn.  Congratulations! I hope the baby and mother are doing well.

Terri

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1