It’s time for some new playlists

Alakegirl

It seems like the music in the ocean view and other public spaces hasn’t changed in years. It’s really hard when you are on back-to-back cruises and hear the same music every single day. Time for something new and start with what’s playing in Tuscan Grille, please, where the choices we hear every morning are really unpleasant 🤯😳😥

IMO I think that very few passengers on any given itinerary are on B2B's, so the repetition of a playlist on consecutive itineraries may not be noticed or of concern to most cruisers. Most cruisers also may not frequent the same specialty restaurant venues daily that would have that be of concern.  Similarly, most cruisers likely don't sail that frequently overall that recognizing similar playlists on subsequent cruises would probably also not be noticed.  That may in part be why the playlists aren't changed frequently.  Again, JMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

Have you mentioned this to anyone on the ship? That's where I would be lodging my complaint. If you're specifically unhappy with the music in TG during CC breakfast, speak to the CC hostess. 

Works for me. I’ll start with:

Crazy Train

Enter Sandman

Warpigs

Master of Puppets

Paranoid

Bulls on Parade

Smells Like Team Spirit

and so on

Hopefully that’s what you were thinking!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alakegirl said:

Hmmmm….Not conducive for conversation with friends over coffee or a meal 

We find that if we are enjoying conversations we hardly realize any music is playing.  Maybe that's just us.  I for one, could not tell you what's playing when and our last two cruises were 17 and 13 days respectively. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, mrgabriel said:

Have you mentioned this to anyone on the ship? That's where I would be lodging my complaint. If you're specifically unhappy with the music in TG during CC breakfast, speak to the CC hostess. 

Yes I have and also written in end-cruise survey.  Host says it’s set by Miami and not local controlled

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

Yes I have and also written in end-cruise survey.  Host says it’s set by Miami and not local controlled

Actually to me that would make sense.  I also think it may be in part determined by what type of music system is being used by the fleet.  Is it a prerecorded playlist?  Satellite based?  Corporate would likely want to have things consistent within the fleet and something somewhat neutral that would appeal to many.  There may be some cost based drivers involved.  I really don't know - just speculating.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Oh that music in Tuscan!!!! That’s a sore spot with me.  It is is so dreadful— not good for a breakfast venue at all.  it seems to be the same on all S class ships.  I feel like someone is shrieking at me.  I usually create such a fuss that they turn the volume way, way down while I am there🎶👎🎶👎

Really don’t care what the playlist is as long as the decibel level is low enough to have a conversation without having to shout and in the gym low enough that I can hear my own music through my headphones. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, AlteredFate said:

Two songs I'd pay Celebrity to banish from holiday rotation are, "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and, "Last Christmas". Insipid, pity party noise.

Let's see .. we could have the replace those with the Chipmunks "Don't Be Late" and with "Barking Dogs Jingle Bells"  .. that work for you?    🤣

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Haha 3

Ha ha, this reminds me of the worst cruise I ever took in my life, which was over Christmas one year on Costa. I was talked into it by some friends.  There was a playlist of 13 songs, one of which was “grandma got run over by a reindeer”.  Those 13 songs played continuously for the entire cruise.😥😥😥😥😥

And that wasn’t even the worst that we had to endure on that cruise…. But that’s a story for another day.

Meanwhile, if Tuscan would just stop playing these songs, it would be a great start

La Mia Banda, Suona Il rock
Scion Volto cosi

le Tue Parole Fanno Male

vivimi

👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

It seems like the music in the ocean view and other public spaces hasn’t changed in years. It’s really hard when you are on back-to-back cruises and hear the same music every single day. Time for something new and start with what’s playing in Tuscan Grille, please, where the choices we hear every morning are really unpleasant 🤯😳😥

They play music in public spaces? I must tune it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

There was a playlist of 13 songs, one of which was “grandma got run over by a reindeer”.

A classic == I love it! But only listening to it once a twice a year. 

17 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Does this mean we’ll hear Billy Idol finally?

I hope not. I know a lot of people like her music but I grew up in the 60's and 70's when you could understand the words the singer was singing.  i have a very difficult time understanding the words she says when she sings.

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

I hope not. I know a lot of people like her music but I grew up in the 60's and 70's when you could understand the words the singer was singing.  i have a very difficult time understanding the words she says when she sings.

Billy Idol is a he. White Wedding...

You're thinking Billie Eilish. She can be a bit hard to understand on some of her songs, but she has a great voice and I tend to just go with the flow.

And the 60's and 70's are notorious for misheard lyrics! I mean Dylan won the Nobel Prize for Literature, but he's almost impossible to understand! He always sang in a near mumble...