O’Malley’s Now a Specialty Dining Venue on Sun??

JimmyVWine

The list of restaurants on Sun Princess showing on the app lists O’Malley’s as a Specialty Dining Option along with Crown Grill, Sabatini’s, Love By Britto, Spellbound, Umai Sushi, Teppanyaki, Hot Pot and Catch by Rudi. The accompanying text reads:

SPECIALTY DINING

Exclusive Dining Experience. Specialty restaurant cover charge applies. 

PRINCESS PREMIER INCLUDED

Two Specialty Dining meals in this restaurant are included in Princess Premier. 

So now, instead of being on par with Alfredo’s (which is NOT listed in the roster of restaurants because it is “Casual”), and available as an “unlimited visits option, O’Malley’s is now on par with the Crown Grill and limited to two visits per cruise (under Premier-80)?? When did this happen?  No way am I going to burn one of my two SD credits on a cheeseburger. 

• Thanks 1

But it also gets packed! I wonder if it will only be certain hours for specialty dining?
It’s fun to get drinks and listen to the music but as a vegetarian I can’t really eat there. 

Edited by Jadn13

No, it is not a specialty venue - neither is Lovely by Britto. 

It's a mistake on the app. 

No reservations taken. It's first come first serve, and it gets packed quickly...way too small for the shop (common theme on Sun).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you try to book it?  Price?

We were just discussing this @dogand I on the CD thread.

Possible programming error?  Or, getting ready to change up the venues on the Sun?  One of the last posts on the following thread:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you try to book it?  Price?

We were just discussing this @dogand I on the CD thread.

Possible programming error?  Or, getting ready to change up the venues on the Sun?  One of the last posts on the following thread:

You can't book a time, and price is listed as $14.99 

2 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

You can't book a time, and price is listed as $14.99 

Yes, then, of course it is a CD venue.

Should not be shown under Specialty Dining.  That just confuses people.

What else is new?  🙄

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

neither is Lovely by Britto. 

Yes it is. It is called a Specialty Dining venue. It just isn’t included in the “Two included with Premier” program. Right under the restaurant name there is a gold star and the words “SPECIALTY DINING”. 

2 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, then, of course it is a CD venue.

Should not be shown under Specialty Dining.  That just confuses people.

What else is new?  🙄

By NOT including Alfredo’s in the list, but including O’Malley’s, the inference is that these two venues are not in the same strata. Confusing indeed. 

14 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Yes it is. It is called a Specialty Dining venue. It just isn’t included in the “Two included with Premier” program. Right under the restaurant name there is a gold star and the words “SPECIALTY DINING”. 

Here's the list from the Princess website and on it Love By Britto shows as Experiential Dining and O'Malley's shows as Casual Dining https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants .  The list of restaurants on the Sun shows the same in the most recent cruise atlas too.

I don't doubt what you are seeing but it's not accurate.  The website is a mess and has had Technical Difficulties more in the last couple of days than it's been working.  It's misleading and inconsistent.  Wish they would put some $$ into fixing all of this.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Thinking outside the box here:  is Princess toying with the idea of eliminating Casual Dining, and making it all Specialty Dining? 

I was told by one of the F&B directors they are trying to make it a more all inclusive experience.  I was happy enough with the couple of specialty dining meals but unlimited casual meals but heck, I will be happy to go out to eat at specialty for only 10 more per day pp on one of the Royal class ships.  In no way do I think it’s worth it on the Crown/Grand class ships, though.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

And Love By Britto shows as a specialty restaurant also, on the list of restaurants - except it's not.. it's Experiential or whatever they call it. And $79. Not $45. You cannot book it with Premier dining credits 

O'Malley's is absolutely casual dining, first come first serve, no reservations, $14.99 for prix fixe sans any Cruise Package,(7.50 for kids), etc. 

And Love is not a specialty restaurant either. Not bookable with Premier dining credits, etc.  although, when you do click on Live, it still states Specialty dining, specialty dining cover charge applies, but clearly states not Premier eligible.  Why they're calling it specialty dining and not Experiential like Spellbound - anyone's guess..

Regardless of the obvious misinformation on the app...

Screenshot_20240907-165828.png

Screenshot_20240907-165820.png

Edited by reedprincess

Glitch. Web errors. Conflicts.

I reported numerous things about my SUN booking for October. Phone agent, chats,  customer relations and lastly executive assistant responded.

Everyone is aware of these issues: glitches, web errors & conflicting information on my app & in my personalizer. 
They could not even book me a Plus package.

Executive assistant says she will call me back Monday.

Worse pre cruise experience I’ve ever experienced.

Don’t sweat the small stuff!  I paid my wifi, bought one soda package for cabin mate, case of water and will use my OBC to pay crew appreciation. So done with this, but still looking forward to this beautiful new ship.

I’ll be in the Sanctuary with my water bottle along with the suite guests and walk in Private restaurant without reservations for 3 nights.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dog said:

Glitch. Web errors. Conflicts.

I reported numerous things about my SUN booking for October. Phone agent, chats,  customer relations and lastly executive assistant responded.

Everyone is aware of these issues: glitches, web errors & conflicting information on my app & in my personalizer. 
They could not even book me a Plus package.

Executive assistant says she will call me back Monday.

Worse pre cruise experience I’ve ever experienced.

Don’t sweat the small stuff!  I paid my wifi, bought one soda package for cabin mate, case of water and will use my OBC to pay crew appreciation. So done with this, but still looking forward to this beautiful new ship.

I’ll be in the Sanctuary with my water bottle along with the suite guests and walk in Private restaurant without reservations for 3 nights.

Glad they called you.  Keep us updated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

And Love is not a specialty restaurant either.

I think it is a matter of semantics. There are “Specialty Dining” venues that are included within in the Premier program and those that are not. I do not interpret “Specialty Dining” as being only those venues that are included in Premier. Were that the case, they would be called “Premier Dining”. 

Crown Grill-Specialty Dining included in Premier. 
Sabatini’s-Specialty Dining included in Premier. 
Love By Britto-Specialty Dining not included in Premier. 

It doesn’t have to be more complicated than that. Adding more adjectives just unnecessarily complicates things. 

There are 4 types of dining:

• Complimentary Dining
  • Casual Dining ($)
  • Specialty Dining ($$)
  • Experiential Dining ($$$)

Princess created the terminology and put it on their website.  Maybe they should train their staff and IT to all get on the same page.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

There are 4 types of dining:

• Complimentary Dining
  • Casual Dining ($)
  • Specialty Dining ($$)
  • Experiential Dining ($$$)

Princess created the terminology and put it on their website.  Maybe they should train their staff and IT to all get on the same page.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants

Exactly.  No need to THINK anything more into this.  

The app has errors.

A few days ago the app upgraded me to the NEW Premier package. I did NOT purchase a package.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Thinking outside the box here:  is Princess toying with the idea of eliminating Casual Dining, and making it all Specialty Dining? 

I think that would be silly as a meal at Alfredo's is nowhere near comparable to a meal in Crown Grill, value-wise. The Casual distinction and accompanying price point are appropriate, IMO.