150 Central park?

The drink, the cesear salad.

On the Wonder if you order the cheese plate at the end of the meal (dessert), they have a cart they bring.  They tell you about the cheeses as they prepare the plate.  The choices are not the typical few they prepare in the kitchen and bring to the table like the older Oasis class ships.

• Like 1

I’ve dined at 150 many times across several ships. The majority of times the items above are prepared table-side but I have also seen them prepared elsewhere and just delivered to the table. There is no guarantee. 

Dined at 150 tonite (UT).  Caesar salad no longer prepared tableside nor is the tenderloin presented tableside.  They did prepare some kind of weird cheese plate tableside and they concocted the signature cocktail (whatever it is) tableside.  Not sure what else might be tableside as I’m sure not everything was ordered while we were there.  The meal was good but it’s not one of my favorite menus.  Dan loves the venison so I go along but if it was just up to me, I would skip it.

We had not been to 150 prior to our cruise in May on Oasis, we really enjoyed it and will be going again at the end of September ( 6 sleeps). The food and the service was very good indeed, no rushing and then atmosphere was very good.

On 9/13/2024 at 9:35 PM, wdwkings said:

The drink, the cesear salad.

On the Wonder if you order the cheese plate at the end of the meal (dessert), they have a cart they bring.  They tell you about the cheeses as they prepare the plate.  The choices are not the typical few they prepare in the kitchen and bring to the table like the older Oasis class ships.

They didn’t offer that on our last visit to 150cp

My first cruise with RCCL is coming up. DH and I are trying to figure out the dress code at various specialty restaurants.  Can I get by with dress pants and a silk top and jacket?  And can DH get by with nice slacks, polo and a sweater?

Thanks for the help

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, suzequ said:

My first cruise with RCCL is coming up. DH and I are trying to figure out the dress code at various specialty restaurants.  Can I get by with dress pants and a silk top and jacket?  And can DH get by with nice slacks, polo and a sweater?

Thanks for the help

Based on what others were wearing at 150 Central Park on Symphony a couple of weeks ago, you can "get by" with shorts, t-shirts, jeans.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Based on what others were wearing at 150 Central Park on Symphony a couple of weeks ago, you can "get by" with shorts, t-shirts, jeans.

Thank you.  Hubby said he read that the dress code was “formal” and I was freaking out! A frantic day of repacking - not.  Yeah.

• Haha 1

More cutbacks...as usual.   RCI hoping you won't notice...but if you add them up across the board...they total up quite a bit.  

I miss the flavored salts, the table side Caesar salad, the table side Tenderloin for two...and the excellent service they lavished on you.  Made it feel like a special night out.  

Now...meh.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

More cutbacks...as usual.   RCI hoping you won't notice...but if you add them up across the board...they total up quite a bit.  

I miss the flavored salts, the table side Caesar salad, the table side Tenderloin for two...and the excellent service they lavished on you.  Made it feel like a special night out.  

Now...meh.  

Most experiences are for the NEW cruiser.  They don't have any idea of what  RCCL used to be like, only what is current.   They never experienced the "old " 150 with the items/service you mentioned and also all the other changes on board.   Elegant Portofino's seafood skewer compared to Giovannie's pizza dinner. The new cruiser seems happy with what RCCL not offers, so I guess the cuts don't hurt the bottom line.

Luckily, we have memories of what cruising was like in the 80-90's.   Some progress is good, some not so much.  All in all, I like much of what cruising has to offer now and know it will never  be like it was years ago.  I'm fine. When I no longer am, then it is time to stop cruising.  

M

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Most experiences are for the NEW cruiser.  They don't have any idea of what  RCCL used to be like, only what is current.   They never experienced the "old " 150 with the items/service you mentioned and also all the other changes on board.   Elegant Portofino's seafood skewer compared to Giovannie's pizza dinner. The new cruiser seems happy with what RCCL not offers, so I guess the cuts don't hurt the bottom line.

Luckily, we have memories of what cruising was like in the 80-90's.   Some progress is good, some not so much.  All in all, I like much of what cruising has to offer now and know it will never  be like it was years ago.  I'm fine. When I no longer am, then it is time to stop cruising.  

M

Agree...and well said.  🙂 

Sigh...literally the "good old days". 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, suzequ said:

Thanks for the help

My husband wears slacks and a polo shirt to any of the specialty restaurants

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Do you think we will look back  one day and say " ahh, 2024 were the good old days"?  😀

I hope not.   

M

Ummm...no.   But I have high hopes for 2025!  😇

Have some very interesting cruises booked.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1