Turning Pinnacle next cruise. Help me convince her we should show up...

watcher_62

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can still book with the certificate for those dates after September I should think?  The one year rule is for sailing right...not booking date?  Our 1400 is on Adventure a year from now in Oct.   That should work.   I just did the Wonder for our freebie 1050 we got last year.  

That should work. Yes, it is sail date, not booking date. I misunderstood. I thought the one you already received was the 1400 one.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That should work. Yes, it is sail date, not booking date. I misunderstood. I thought the one you already received was the 1400 one.

Not yet...too many Celebrity and Viking cruises impeding our continued points process.  😄  Only just over 1300 right now.  It was the 1050 we did on Wonder.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

How many times did you turn Pinnacle?  

Not yet- Diamond plus- we get invited to some functions however.  We enjoyed the cruise critic events, but they were discontinued during covid and never reinstated.

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Not yet...too many Celebrity and Viking cruises impeding our continued points process.  😄  Only just over 1300 right now.  It was the 1050 we did on Wonder.  

I just looked at our schedule, and with all of our new Celebrity bookings kicking existing RCL bookings to the curb, it looks like our 1400 pointer will be late 2026, so maybe we'll see you on Star😇

• Like 1

Just now, Cruise a holic said:

Not yet- Diamond plus- we get invited to some functions however.  We enjoyed the cruise critic get to getters,  events, but they were discontinued during covid and never reinstated.

I am worried this is yet another new cut back to come and was a "test".   On last quarter WC on Serenade, the LA Diego did away with the D+ and Pinnacle lunch (former meal with an officer, turned into "Cheers with an officer").   The meal with an officer went away during Covid, and was also never reinstated.  The Cheers and lunch was still there on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters.  

He turned it into just a lame morning cocktail reception for 340 D+ and Pinnacles.  We did not attend.  

Will miss that lunch if they do away with it....as yet again...another cost saving for RCI.  But no worries...they have already lost my 20 years of 100% loyalty.  😉 

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I just looked at our schedule, and with all of our new Celebrity bookings kicking existing RCL bookings to the curb, it looks like our 1400 pointer will be late 2026, so maybe we'll see you on Star😇

Yup, same thing here.  

We turn the 1400 on B2B Adventure out of PC in Oct. of 2025.  

Would love to cruise with you soon!  🙂 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am worried this is yet another new cut back to come and was a "test".   On last quarter WC on Serenade, the LA Diego did away with the D+ and Pinnacle lunch (former meal with an officer, turned into "Cheers with an officer").   The meal with an officer went away during Covid, and was also never reinstated.  The Cheers and lunch was still there on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters.  

He turned it into just a lame morning cocktail reception for 340 D+ and Pinnacles.  We did not attend.  

Will miss that lunch if they do away with it....as yet again...another cost saving for RCI.  But no worries...they have already lost my 20 years of 100% loyalty.  😉 

I really hope they don’t do away with it. We really enjoy meeting others at those lunches and discussing where to go next. A cocktail party is just not the same. We did notice the quality of the lunch really go down on our last 2 sailings though. Tough steak and royal chocolate cake instead of filet and chocolate ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup, same thing here.  

We turn the 1400 on B2B Adventure out of PC in Oct. of 2025.  

Would love to cruise with you soon!  🙂 

I think that is a finally going to happen since we are on Adventure from 10/3/25 through 10/25/25😇

• Like 1

Watcher….if you want to go you should go by yourself.  Your DW can do what she wants to and that’s okay.

We never thought we’d get close to Pinnacle. It now seems possible and if we do we’ll both be excited! We might even take a few kids with us to see how we spent their inheritance. 

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

You did not miss much.  It was supposed to start at 11am, we got there at 1045 and had a difficult time finding seats.  The Safari Lounge was packed, hot and too noisy to be able to talk to anyone.  The best thing was the orchestra and the LA, he sang several songs quite well.  

Unfortunately, I think you may be right about this being a test.😬

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

We're looking forward to free wifi and breakfast in a specialty.  5 drinks per day was already enough so 6 is more than we need lol.  We've been doing the Cheers with an Officer since restart and honestly, the menu has gone down hill during that time so won't particularly miss it if it is done.  We completely skipped the last few top tiers but will have to go in Nov.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

I think that is a finally going to happen since we are on Adventure from 10/3/25 through 10/25/25😇

Yaahhh!  Halloween cruise!  And maybe wear our Halloween outfits to get the 1400 thing?  😄 

Looking forward to "sea" you there!   🙂 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Which two weeks are you on board? It looks like our last leg will be your first if you are on board for Halloween.

We are 10/25 and 10/31.   I guess we might miss you during "spooky" night cruise.    But will be "seaing" you for our first leg (your second).  

On 9/17/2024 at 11:03 AM, watcher_62 said:

Well the long road has finally ended and we will turn into Pins on our next cruise.  As we have never attended any of the Cheers with the Officer or status events (my spouse is not keen on attention), and obviously this is a once only event, can anyone help me convince her to participate/set the stage for what we are likely to experience?  Thanks in advance!  

Congrats on reaching 700 points.  If you or your spouse prefer not to attend, that is fine, but I would let the loyalty ambassador know. Depending on the ship, it might be a small crowd, and perhaps that will satisfy your wife.  We've been to top tier parties on small ships with 50 people in attendance.   As others  have mentioned, you are up and down in minutes.  

Also, of you ever want to attend the Cheers with an Officer lunch, you can generally ask for a table for 2.  

Enjoy your Pinnacle benefits and free cruise.

M

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I can still book with the certificate for those dates after September I should think?  The one year rule is for sailing right...not booking date?  Our 1400 is on Adventure a year from now in Oct.   That should work.   I just did the Wonder for our freebie 1050 we got last year.  

As long as you book in for a date that is more than one year from the first revenue cruise.  You have one year to book it, but "whenever" to take it

We hit a milestone almost 2 years ago and booked the Icon for spring 2025 

M

• Like 2