Bring back surf&turf and chilled soups

KevintheIrishDJ

3 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I have been cruising since 1970 and I can't remember any line without surf&turf and chilled soups. Hopefully she will make a change.

We have cruised on 20 different cruiselines since 2004, and a good number offered neither of these items in the MDR.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I have been cruising since 1970 and I can't remember any line without surf&turf and chilled soups. Hopefully she will make a change.

We have cruised on 20 different cruiselines since 2004, and a good number offered neither of these items in the MDR.

😉

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tgg said:

Now, if someone wants to talk about dover sole served tableside in Aqualina . . .

I can talk about that from a good chat to the restaurant manager on Onward. It has been noted high up that the most popular dish on the Aqualina menu has been removed and I'm told they are going to do something about it. Yes, some will tell you that you can still order it by arrangement, but that's not the point. Fingers crossed there will be some adjustments made. 

Phil 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

😉

And I couldn't tell you if they were offered on any of the cruises that I have sailed because we would never order either one!  Chacun à son goût!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Kevin,

This is Regent's everyday main dining room menu when we cruised them.  I had a mixed plate of Lobster tail, Filet and scallops multiple evenings.

Regent Everyday menu Compass Rose Dining Room.JPEG

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Bring back surf&turf and chilled soups
3 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

This is Regent's everyday main dining room menu when we cruised them.  I had a mixed plate of Lobster tail, Filet and scallops multiple evenings.

That's even worse than surf and turf!  You might as well go to the Zen buffet – make me one with everything!!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That's even worse than surf and turf!  You might as well go to the Zen buffet – make me one with everything!!!

Buffet? Not even close. 😃

They have a page of daily entrees. However you also have the flexibility of ordering anything you feel like eating, cooked to order and at temperature, such as surf and turf. 

• Like 2

To quote, albeit a little amended, an overused phrase....surf & turf is now so much last decade, and anyway you don't really get the best of either being a mixed dish! Menus have evolved to the extent that there are so many better quality options out there. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

Maybe you are on the wrong forum.

Surf and turf and chilled soups are so 1980’s. 

Oceania have an 88 year old consultant chef working for them, so might get them onboard their ships, as from previous experience a lot of their food is in a time warp.

Azamara, and I know it’s not to everyone’s tastes, have been rolling out new menus exploring tastes and culinary adventures from around the world. Some of the newer dishes have a lot more spice than before, that suits me, but not everyone agrees.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

When I see "Surf and Turf" my mind cycles back to Carnival Cruise lines, circa late 90s.

No thanks.

Likewise cold soup says to me kitchen stuff up 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

So Kevin, it looks like you are on your own!  Midnight buffet anyone?😄

Phil 

Only if it’s got a baked Alaska parade

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Our last few years sailing HAL, they started having a surf and turf of a mini steak and shrimp 🦐.  Too funny.

On the kids' menu? And was it popcorn shrimp?