The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 6th, 2024

Thanks for our Sunday Dily Sandi & Rich and thanks to Vanessa and our F & B team.

Interesting collection of days.  I feel like the Mad Hatter at times but I do’t think that is what the day is all about 😉 

Well, after a few hours of struggle, I got the spread sheet converted and to PDF for the roll call.  Now I just have a few emails, check posts and invites left and my box can go off on Monday as I had hoped 🙂   I was stupid enough to tell someone I got the spread sheet done and they thought I was a fool to work on it when I cancelled the cruise.

Let’s just say I disagreed.  I spent over a year and 1/2 doing it and I wasn’t going to let it drop just be a cause I cancelled.   Anyways, glad it is done.

Thanks for the encouragement on Cunard.  I’m very intrigued and getting to Cunard shouldn’t be too hard.   Getting back fro New  York may be a different story.  I’m checking it out.

Sandi @StLouisCruisers best wishes for your procedure 🙏 

Prayers for those on the Care list and those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and fortunate enough to cruise.

• Like 40
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  It’s a beautiful morning, today will remain on the cooler side.  A perfect day for a walk in the woods somewhere with all of the nice fall colors.

Not sure about the days or the quote.  

I would like the meal but not the drink, it sounds like a waste of four perfectly good ingredients.

We were in Trieste last year but I can’t find my photos.  That’s sad because I remember some beautiful architecture there.

Prayers for those on our prayer list today.   Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events!  Happy 45th engagement anniversary @grapau27!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a sunny central Texas where it is 66F with a 1mph breeze from the NW.  Currently, the humidity is 94% with a dew point of 64F.  The predicted high is 91F, so it should be a nice day.  The main item on the agenda is laundry which is not difficult, just takes time.

Three interesting days to celebrate.  Jackie Mayer, a former Miss America, is a motivational speaker.  At age 28, she suffered a near fatal stroke, and spent seven years in rehab relearning everything.  It is easy to celebrate the geodiversity of our planet.  I'll let others celebrate Mad Hatter day.

An interesting quote from Jean Cocteau, but I need to think about it some more.

The meal sounds good, especially for our vegetarians.  I think adding Italian sausage, as @ottahand7 Nancy suggested, would be good for our carnivores.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have not been to Trieste, but have enjoyed Venice on several visits.  In 2019, we had a tour to Trieste booked for a day in Rijeka, Croatia.  Unfortunately, the tour operator canceled the tour because the long wait times at the border meant he could not guarantee we'd be back at the ship in time. 

The 1949 signing of the Mutual Defense Assistance Act (for NATO) by Harry Truman was good for the US, Canada and Europe.

With the beginning testing of Albert Sabin's oral vaccine, the world was one step closer to ending polio.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope your biopsy goes well tomorrow, and you get good results soon.

@grapau27  Graham, I hope you and Pauline enjoy the anniversary of your engagement.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope your sister is feeling better today.  I also hope the pain was just a reaction to the vaccines more than to the infusion.

@Denise T  Safe travels tomorrow, Denise.

@kazu  Jacqui, I can understand why you wanted to finish the spreadsheet.  I know it will be a relief to get the box in the mail tomorrow.

428678416_1778277729346077_7373387950343481713_n.jpg.d84617dab3aef25592284d185d4b37c5.jpg

429558461_398009016152767_317097854529371488_n.jpg.a51b91a3181fa8a1cc0d69aeaf537479.jpg

429590302_397174402902895_7224456663092466463_n.jpg.657910a2e1f987f2081792c4a8897bca.jpg

429757514_852283430035331_1150558864775059952_n.jpg.b196aecb05891b9327316b2d061eb6d2.jpg

440461263_418553077809186_7782936353327301170_n.jpg.1ad8be3f88e400f1a05892dcdb9aaa0e.jpg

461626211_494408606759376_8812083516421121554_n.jpg.6ba104fcf0e53067ae1e370156ce68a3.jpg

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 12

Good Morning from a rainy day at the beach

After a picture perfect day yesterday, we are now again in a rain pattern. Also watching the latest hurricane. Not sure yet where it is going. Not going to be a good weather week that is for sure.

I would like todays meal, may have to try it. No thanks to the drink. Never been to todays port.

@grapau27   Best Wishes on your engagement anniversary.  Very special. Enjoy your special day.

@StLouisCruisers  Extra prayers for you tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.

Great pictures of the honeymooners

@Denise T  Safe travels tomorrow. Have a wonderful trip!

It will be a quiet day here today. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I had no idea who Jackie Mayer was, let alone the rehab she had to go through.  Geodiversity is good, and if you want to be a madhatter, go for it!  The MDAA (NATO) signing was significant for our overall well being, and thanks to Sabin and Salk for the polio vaccine that has all but eradicated that horrid disease.

If we had to go to work this morning, we would have been scraping our windshields, as there is definitely frost out there.  Thankfully we don't, so when we head out later this morning it should have all melted off with the bright sunshine.  Yesterday's winds were so bad that throughout the province there were many reported incidents of semi-trailers toppling over on the highways.  Although there was a lot of damage, thankfully there were no injuries.

Yesterday when we took our friend Ollie out for dinner the wind was still blowing mightily and about 10 minutes after our orders had been placed, the power went out.  Everyone scrambled around trying to find breakers to flip, but it appeared to be much more widespread than just the restaurant.  Thankfully it was still light enough outside that it made for just a more intimate setting, and we were able to enjoy our meals.   Ollie - who has Scottish roots - decided she wanted to try a Scotch egg and beans.  After tasting the egg, she wasn't very happy with her ancestor's contribution to the culinary world.  LOL  

@StLouisCruisersgood luck with your biopsy tomorrow.

@Quartzsite Cruiserhow is your DD feeling?

@grapau27congratulations on the anniversary of your engagement.

@kazuthere are always detractors out there who have no idea how much time and energy you put into your spreadsheets and tours.  Ignore them; they're not worth your time.

@Seasick Sailorpraying that your DS's pain was the result of her vaccinations, not the infusion, and that the pain has subsided.

We have to head out later this morning to pick up some food for Sochi, and a few groceries.  Other than that we might be spending time later in the afternoon trying to corral the mass of leaves now covering the back lawn.  Thankfully we have a large green bin that is almost empty, so will be putting it to good use this week.  

I'd pass on the drink, not only because of the name, but the ingredients as well.  I'd like the cava, and think the addition of some sausage or even chicken would go well in today's dish.  I've got salmon thawing that will be panko/parmesan coated and cooked in the air fryer, to be served along with garlic baked potatoes and green beans at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone whose lives have been impacted by Hurricane Helene and all wars.  Cheers to all with something to celebrate today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Sunday morning to all the Dailyites.

Thank you Sandi for the Daily and Fleet Report, Vanessa for the Cares and Celebration List, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for keeping us fed and hydrated.

Thank you Graham for Father David’s sermon.

I have not been to Trieste, but have been to Venice a number of times.

Both days in history are very meaningful. 

NATO is important to maintaining peace throughout Europe with mutual defense.

It is wonderful that Polio has just about been eliminated thanks to Sabin and Salk.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi,  I hope tomorrow yields good results for you.  Many prayers coming your way.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, I hope your DS is okay and she will get whatever treatment she needs to be comfortable.

@ottahand7 prayers for your DB

@rafinmd Roy, prayers that Rehab continues to be effective and you can soon go home.

Prayers also for @kazu, @smitty34877, @ellbelle,  and all others needing our prayers.

@grapau27 Congratulations on 45 years since your Engagement to Pauline.

Today I am hoping for a quieter day. It is the third anniversary of DD BIL’s passing.  As you may remember, we were his guardians for 40 years and it was a labor of love.  He was very much a part of our lives.  

I am very much relieved that I was able to order a new Driver’s LIcense for Jim online.  One less place that I have to drive to.

@JazzyV hoping you are enjoying your cruise and your leg is not giving you too much trouble.

Not much else to report.

Have a wonderful Sunday and

God Bless,

Terri

Thank you Terri.

Sending you our best wishes on your DD BILs 3rd memory in heaven.

• Like 17

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Another hot day in the desert is in store for us; I don't think we will have a fall this year!! Love the Mad Hatter and I will raise a glass for the other days also.  Not sure about the quote but the "meal" sounds so interesting I have saved the recipes.  No, no, no on the drink but I will have to try the wine while I am in Barcelona.  I haven't been to Trieste but I was in Venice during my backpacking trip 3 years ago.  What a great feat Sabin did with the polio vaccine.

I had to cancel all of my subbing jobs while I was gone but I am booked almost straight through before I fly out on the 26th.  This week is fall break so I will be getting things ready to leave.  I will "try" to pack light since I now have "free laundry"; we will see how that goes!!  LOL!! I ordered an air tag against my gut feeling (as I don't think I need it) but I had a credit with Amazon so I thought, why not!  Paired it last night with my phone and iPad so I hopefully will not need to "find" my luggage!!

I am so sorry to hear Roy is in rehab and I hope everything goes smoothly.  I hope @StLouisCruisers's biopsy is painless and the results are favorable.  

Well, I have to get my butt into gear and accomplish something today.  Thoughts for those in need of support and cheers to those celebrating.  Everyone have a great day!  

ScreenShot2024-10-06at07_14_59.png.919c6b183bb19b29fede7fd04e38228f.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

7 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  Another hot day in the desert is in store for us; I don't think we will have a fall this year!! Love the Mad Hatter and I will raise a glass for the other days also.  Not sure about the quote but the "meal" sounds so interesting I have saved the recipes.  No, no, no on the drink but I will have to try the wine while I am in Barcelona.  I haven't been to Trieste but I was in Venice during my backpacking trip 3 years ago.  What a great feat Sabin did with the polio vaccine.

I had to cancel all of my subbing jobs while I was gone but I am booked almost straight through before I fly out on the 26th.  This week is fall break so I will be getting things ready to leave.  I will "try" to pack light since I now have "free laundry"; we will see how that goes!!  LOL!! I ordered an air tag against my gut feeling (as I don't think I need it) but I had a credit with Amazon so I thought, why not!  Paired it last night with my phone and iPad so I hopefully will not need to "find" my luggage!!

I am so sorry to hear Roy is in rehab and I hope everything goes smoothly.  I hope @StLouisCruisers's biopsy is painless and the results are favorable.  

Well, I have to get my butt into gear and accomplish something today.  Thoughts for those in need of support and cheers to those celebrating.  Everyone have a great day!  

ScreenShot2024-10-06at07_14_59.png.919c6b183bb19b29fede7fd04e38228f.png

Nice to see your post this morning and glad you are ok and cruise planning! 😀 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care List:

Rafinmd (Roy) back in rehab

Ottahand7’s DB Nick in rehab, doing better

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, upcoming biopsy

Kazu with items missing from move, vision problems and leg pain

Ellbelle’s DD with rapid heart rate

Nickelpenny with family emergency that did not end well

Hoping Crazy for Cats (Jake) and Haljo1935 (Elizabeth) are ok

Heat, Fires and Storms across the US. Those affected by Helene

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Summer slope with slight tear in meniscus, with pain

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Grapau27 & Paw13 (Graham & Pauline) engaged 45 years ago today

Quartzsite Cruiser with good news about her DD

StLouisCruisers doing a great job posting the Daily in Rich’s absence

Kazu moved into her new home

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Denise T (NCL Sky Oct 9 to Oct 19) 10d Canada & NE: Bar Harbor, Halifax

6 days for Heartgrove (Rotterdam Oct 12 to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA + (Celebrity Beyond Oct 27 to Nov 2) 6d PC W. Caribbean & Perfect Day

6 days for NextOne (Rotterdam Oct 12 to Oct 27) 15d Atlantic Sojourn TA

Doobieb (Oosterdam to Oct 10) 11d Venetian & Dalmation Delight, JazzyV (Celebrity Eclipse to Oct 11) 11d Boston, Maine & Canada, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Graham.  I hope the results of the biopsy won't take too, too long to get to me.  I appreciate you thinking of me.  Congrats to you and Pauline on the anniversary of your engagement 45 years ago!

3 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

Thank you for the Reports!!

@grapau27  HAPPY ENGAGEMENT anniversary!!!  Forty-five years is a reason to celebrate!!!

Not sure about the mentioned Days...  nor the quote...

Not a huge fam of Parmesan, but the rest looks fun!!

Happy Sunday to all!!!

3 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27 Happy Engagement Anniversary to you and Pauline.

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@grapau27 Happy Engagement Anniversary!! Love to you and Pauline. 

My sister had her first post cancer infusion that requires once every 6 months. 10 hours later she was so much in pain in her neck, shoulder and arm, her friend took her to ER. Since she had her Covid and flu shot the same time, the ER doctor didn't know what was causing the pain. She will see her oncologist tomorrow. Thank you for prayers!!

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Sunday morning to all the Dailyites.

Thank you Sandi for the Daily and Fleet Report, Vanessa for the Cares and Celebration List, Debbie, Ann and Dixie for keeping us fed and hydrated.

Thank you Graham for Father David’s sermon.

I have not been to Trieste, but have been to Venice a number of times.

Both days in history are very meaningful. 

NATO is important to maintaining peace throughout Europe with mutual defense.

It is wonderful that Polio has just about been eliminated thanks to Sabin and Salk.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi,  I hope tomorrow yields good results for you.  Many prayers coming your way.

@Seasick Sailor Joy, I hope your DS is okay and she will get whatever treatment she needs to be comfortable.

@ottahand7 prayers for your DB

@rafinmd Roy, prayers that Rehab continues to be effective and you can soon go home.

Prayers also for @kazu, @smitty34877, @ellbelle,  and all others needing our prayers.

@grapau27 Congratulations on 45 years since your Engagement to Pauline.

Today I am hoping for a quieter day. It is the third anniversary of DD BIL’s passing.  As you may remember, we were his guardians for 40 years and it was a labor of love.  He was very much a part of our lives.  

I am very much relieved that I was able to order a new Driver’s LIcense for Jim online.  One less place that I have to drive to.

@JazzyV hoping you are enjoying your cruise and your leg is not giving you too much trouble.

Not much else to report.

Have a wonderful Sunday and

God Bless,

Terri

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

We're going to have another beautiful day here in mid-Michigan with mostly sunny skies and a  high of 74F.  It did not get as cold last night so the house is quite a bit warmer than it was  yesterday.  I ended up turning on the heat for a while to warm up the house.  64 was just too cold even with warm socks and a sweatshirt.  

I'm not feeling any ill effects from the Covid booster and flu shots yesterday.  My arms aren't even sore.  I even slept well last night.  I did find some of the sleep aid that we talked about yesterday at the drugstore.  It is the CVS brand, but the same active ingredient as the Kirkland brand.  Price was similar, so I got it to try.  I went right to sleep and slept soundly until this morning.  I could have slept longer but got up because the desire for coffee was greater than the desire to sleep more. Maybe the sleepiness is from the vaccines.  Sue reports that her arms are sore and she has a headache.  

A couple months ago the house across the street caught fire.  The fire was extensive and the home was condemned.  The past two days they started tear down of the house and the only thing left standing is the fireplace chimney in a pile of rubble.  It was a beautiful house.  We don't know if they are going to rebuild or not.  They have determined that the cause of the fire was a toaster oven that had an electrical short in it.  

Happy Engagement Anniversary to Graham and Pauline @grapau27.  

@Haljo1935 Elizabeth, I hope you can let someone know what is happening.  We are worried.  

@StLouisCruisers beautiful pictures of DGD Ashley and Christopher.  I am glad they are having such a wonderful time on their honeymoon.  

@JazzyV How long is your cruise?   I hope you are having the time of your life.

@Seasick Sailor I hope Bonnie's pain is greatly decreased and that this is a one time event and not something that will happen each time she gets her infusion.

@kazu Jacqui, hang in there!   I'd do the Cunard crossing back next spring.  Go for it.

Today's meal would make a great side dish.  Our first recipe uses baby bella mushrooms.  Parmesan Mushroom Casserole

parmesanmushroomcasserole.jpg.7ff9758840933a2d207863a65aba1883.jpg

This next one  uses whole mushrooms instead of sliced ones for a great visual effect.  Baked Mushrooms in Parmesan

parmesanmushroomcasserole3.thumb.jpg.f010ca9ab7786be39dafe01a0a298a55.jpg

This one uses a combination of cheeses and cream cheese to make the dish really creamy.  Unstuffed Mushroom Casserole

Parmesanmushroomcasserole4.jpg.839bb87d06b75ac36b364098a203e527.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

@grapau27 happy engagement anniversary to you and Pauline. ❤️

1 hour ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily updates.  It’s a beautiful morning, today will remain on the cooler side.  A perfect day for a walk in the woods somewhere with all of the nice fall colors.

Not sure about the days or the quote.  

I would like the meal but not the drink, it sounds like a waste of four perfectly good ingredients.

We were in Trieste last year but I can’t find my photos.  That’s sad because I remember some beautiful architecture there.

Prayers for those on our prayer list today.   Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events!  Happy 45th engagement anniversary @grapau27!

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a sunny central Texas where it is 66F with a 1mph breeze from the NW.  Currently, the humidity is 94% with a dew point of 64F.  The predicted high is 91F, so it should be a nice day.  The main item on the agenda is laundry which is not difficult, just takes time.

Three interesting days to celebrate.  Jackie Mayer, a former Miss America, is a motivational speaker.  At age 28, she suffered a near fatal stroke, and spent seven years in rehab relearning everything.  It is easy to celebrate the geodiversity of our planet.  I'll let others celebrate Mad Hatter day.

An interesting quote from Jean Cocteau, but I need to think about it some more.

The meal sounds good, especially for our vegetarians.  I think adding Italian sausage, as @ottahand7 Nancy suggested, would be good for our carnivores.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have not been to Trieste, but have enjoyed Venice on several visits.  In 2019, we had a tour to Trieste booked for a day in Rijeka, Croatia.  Unfortunately, the tour operator canceled the tour because the long wait times at the border meant he could not guarantee we'd be back at the ship in time. 

The 1949 signing of the Mutual Defense Assistance Act (for NATO) by Harry Truman was good for the US, Canada and Europe.

With the beginning testing of Albert Sabin's oral vaccine, the world was one step closer to ending polio.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope your biopsy goes well tomorrow, and you get good results soon.

@grapau27  Graham, I hope you and Pauline enjoy the anniversary of your engagement.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I hope your sister is feeling better today.  I also hope the pain was just a reaction to the vaccines more than to the infusion.

@Denise T  Safe travels tomorrow, Denise.

@kazu  Jacqui, I can understand why you wanted to finish the spreadsheet.  I know it will be a relief to get the box in the mail tomorrow.

428678416_1778277729346077_7373387950343481713_n.jpg.d84617dab3aef25592284d185d4b37c5.jpg

429558461_398009016152767_317097854529371488_n.jpg.a51b91a3181fa8a1cc0d69aeaf537479.jpg

429590302_397174402902895_7224456663092466463_n.jpg.657910a2e1f987f2081792c4a8897bca.jpg

429757514_852283430035331_1150558864775059952_n.jpg.b196aecb05891b9327316b2d061eb6d2.jpg

440461263_418553077809186_7782936353327301170_n.jpg.1ad8be3f88e400f1a05892dcdb9aaa0e.jpg

461626211_494408606759376_8812083516421121554_n.jpg.6ba104fcf0e53067ae1e370156ce68a3.jpg

Lenda

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a rainy day at the beach

After a picture perfect day yesterday, we are now again in a rain pattern. Also watching the latest hurricane. Not sure yet where it is going. Not going to be a good weather week that is for sure.

I would like todays meal, may have to try it. No thanks to the drink. Never been to todays port.

@grapau27   Best Wishes on your engagement anniversary.  Very special. Enjoy your special day.

@StLouisCruisers  Extra prayers for you tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.

Great pictures of the honeymooners

@Denise T  Safe travels tomorrow. Have a wonderful trip!

It will be a quiet day here today. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

22 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I had no idea who Jackie Mayer was, let alone the rehab she had to go through.  Geodiversity is good, and if you want to be a madhatter, go for it!  The MDAA (NATO) signing was significant for our overall well being, and thanks to Sabin and Salk for the polio vaccine that has all but eradicated that horrid disease.

If we had to go to work this morning, we would have been scraping our windshields, as there is definitely frost out there.  Thankfully we don't, so when we head out later this morning it should have all melted off with the bright sunshine.  Yesterday's winds were so bad that throughout the province there were many reported incidents of semi-trailers toppling over on the highways.  Although there was a lot of damage, thankfully there were no injuries.

Yesterday when we took our friend Ollie out for dinner the wind was still blowing mightily and about 10 minutes after our orders had been placed, the power went out.  Everyone scrambled around trying to find breakers to flip, but it appeared to be much more widespread than just the restaurant.  Thankfully it was still light enough outside that it made for just a more intimate setting, and we were able to enjoy our meals.   Ollie - who has Scottish roots - decided she wanted to try a Scotch egg and beans.  After tasting the egg, she wasn't very happy with her ancestor's contribution to the culinary world.  LOL  

@StLouisCruisersgood luck with your biopsy tomorrow.

@Quartzsite Cruiserhow is your DD feeling?

@grapau27congratulations on the anniversary of your engagement.

@kazuthere are always detractors out there who have no idea how much time and energy you put into your spreadsheets and tours.  Ignore them; they're not worth your time.

@Seasick Sailorpraying that your DS's pain was the result of her vaccinations, not the infusion, and that the pain has subsided.

We have to head out later this morning to pick up some food for Sochi, and a few groceries.  Other than that we might be spending time later in the afternoon trying to corral the mass of leaves now covering the back lawn.  Thankfully we have a large green bin that is almost empty, so will be putting it to good use this week.  

I'd pass on the drink, not only because of the name, but the ingredients as well.  I'd like the cava, and think the addition of some sausage or even chicken would go well in today's dish.  I've got salmon thawing that will be panko/parmesan coated and cooked in the air fryer, to be served along with garlic baked potatoes and green beans at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone whose lives have been impacted by Hurricane Helene and all wars.  Cheers to all with something to celebrate today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Thank you my Dailyite friends for your good wishes on Pauline and my 45th engagement anniversary.

We celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary on August 22nd.

It is my 68th birthday 3 weeks today.

Where does time go?.

Graham ❤️

• Like 26

Thank you Sandi, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

We did the majority of our packing yesterday as we fly to Brussels tomorrow. One aviation website I subscribe to shows which airplane is assigned to our flight about three days out. I was concerned yesterday seeing our plane's progress over the next few days with the time it takes to turn the plane for the next flight. Yesterday it was flying San Francisco to Shanghai but was two hours late leaving. The next flight was back to be San Francisco scheduled to leave at the same time it was actually arriving! Then on to Frankfurt followed by Washington to become our flight. I wouldn't be so concerned but last Monday (09/30) the flight was actually cancelled. Today I looked and a different plane has been rotated into the rotation.  Now feeling more at ease with just Hurricane Kirk in the Atlantic possibly impacting us and probably why we have a rainy week ahead after boarding.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  Last night we had a CATastrophe.  A bug? a thought of a bug? A shadow?  But there were 5 cats on the microwave, and 5 cats do not fit on a microwave and all five went scrambling at the same time knocking over the butter dish, which fell on the tile kitchen floor and shattered in a gazillion pieces.  I swept up the big pieces, scraped up the butter from the floor, re swept the floor, and DH came in and vacuumed. We were up until 1. 

@dfish I am glad that you got a good nights sleep last night.  The thing about insomnia is that IMO it keeps us worrying about lack of sleep to the point where we are worried about not sleeping, so we dont sleep.  My tiny brain goes through the enter day, and then plans out the next day, and if I let it, we can go into next week....  when I get to the point where the brain is starting to write a novel, I tell myself to back up and tell myself to let go of the day.  It sometimes works.

I have to admit, that I feel like a very shallow person 90 percent of the time, or I just seem to flow with what the day hits me with until I end up in the whirlpool.  @grapau27 You are one of the many here that amaze me with the dates in your past that you remember.  All I remember about DH and I getting engaged was I was on CC researching places with great snorkeling, and found a ship that had a chapel on it, as he was walking through the den, I mentioned if he ever wanted to get married at sea that would be a good choice, (since he had told me he was never going to marry me in the past,) I was a bit amazed when he turned and said, yes, we should do that. What day that was, I have no idea.  I remember events, but cannot remember them in a time period, or date.  

I just accept each day or at least try to, until I get into a funk, which is when bad things keep happening, and I cant see a way out of them.  The whirlpool.  I have been in this particular whirlpool when all of DH's doctors told us that there is nothing more they can do for him.  He no longer has any "good" days, he'crabby and I'm angry, and it just goes round and round.

Ok I am done whining, and I can say that when I am here, I am happy.

@StLouisCruisersbest of luck with tomorrow.  

I have yet to get done half of what needs to be done before BFF gets here.  But I did choose the paint, and got that taken care of, so off I go to work.

maxresdefault.jpg

You-dont-always-need-a-plan.-Sometimes-you-just-need-to-breathe-trust-let-go-and-see-what-happens.-Mandy-Hale.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

Posted (edited)

Good morning from a mild 65 degrees, going up to 100 (again!). Great collection of days, although I like the alternatives better, I love mushrooms so I’m in and have not been to today’s port.

Nothing pressing to be done today, although I may wash the bed sheets (yawn). Fred will chill and watch whatever racing is on, I think there’s a NASCAR race today and his beloved 49ers are playing at home. It’s projected to be 97 at the stadium today, hopefully not many medical emergencies, but is sure doesn’t sound fun sitting in that hot “bowl”. Decided to grill some chicken tonight which I’ll serve with a green chili rice casserole and cucumber and tomato salad, kind of summer and kind of fall.

@StLouisCruisers Great pics of the honeymooners, the horse one is worthy of framing and hoping your procedure goes well.
@dfishGlad you had luck with the CVS brand of sleep aid

@Seasick SailorSorry you sister had to go to emergency, hopefully she is better today.

Thinking of all on the care list, have a great day.

Edited by ellbelle
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Oh, I would love the mushrooms without the parm.  I love mushrooms.  I make stuffed shrooms with crab.

@Seasick SailorI hope your sister is feeling better today.  DH will tell you that the day after the infusions, are the worst, and getting the two shots on the same day, definitely an overload.  The other thing DH says, if you can eat within 2 hours of chemo or immunotherapy, great, after that, not so great. Please send her a gentle hug from me.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Having a hard time relating to any of the "days", lol - and I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine. Ports are always good, and I've not been to Trieste. A friend here's mom had polio as a young woman. In fact, she caught it on her honeymoon if I remember correctly. Her new groom stuck by her and she has lived her life in a wheelchair since. She's in her 80's now - getting closer to 90.

It's a drizzly gloomy day here, which matches my mood with the hurricane Milton situation. It's still too early to know specifics, but this one will be devastating to more Floridians than Helene. Crossing my fingers the Ft Myers area (where my home sits close to the coast) is spared. I finally had turn the coverage off - too depressing. DH will be enjoying football most of the day. I plan to cook him a t-bone steak he bought and since he bought a set of champagne flutes at the store yesterday he's requested that's what we drink with dinner. What the heck!

Happy engagement anniversary @grapau27!

Good luck tomorrow Sandi @StLouisCruisers Most biopsies come back negative, but it's stressful while waiting for the results.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  Last night we had a CATastrophe.  A bug? a thought of a bug? A shadow?  But there were 5 cats on the microwave, and 5 cats do not fit on a microwave and all five went scrambling at the same time knocking over the butter dish, which fell on the tile kitchen floor and shattered in a gazillion pieces.  I swept up the big pieces, scraped up the butter from the floor, re swept the floor, and DH came in and vacuumed. We were up until 1. 

@dfish I am glad that you got a good nights sleep last night.  The thing about insomnia is that IMO it keeps us worrying about lack of sleep to the point where we are worried about not sleeping, so we dont sleep.  My tiny brain goes through the enter day, and then plans out the next day, and if I let it, we can go into next week....  when I get to the point where the brain is starting to write a novel, I tell myself to back up and tell myself to let go of the day.  It sometimes works.

I have to admit, that I feel like a very shallow person 90 percent of the time, or I just seem to flow with what the day hits me with until I end up in the whirlpool.  @grapau27 You are one of the many here that amaze me with the dates in your past that you remember.  All I remember about DH and I getting engaged was I was on CC researching places with great snorkeling, and found a ship that had a chapel on it, as he was walking through the den, I mentioned if he ever wanted to get married at sea that would be a good choice, (since he had told me he was never going to marry me in the past,) I was a bit amazed when he turned and said, yes, we should do that. What day that was, I have no idea.  I remember events, but cannot remember them in a time period, or date.  

I just accept each day or at least try to, until I get into a funk, which is when bad things keep happening, and I cant see a way out of them.  The whirlpool.  I have been in this particular whirlpool when all of DH's doctors told us that there is nothing more they can do for him.  He no longer has any "good" days, he'crabby and I'm angry, and it just goes round and round.

Ok I am done whining, and I can say that when I am here, I am happy.

@StLouisCruisersbest of luck with tomorrow.  

I have yet to get done half of what needs to be done before BFF gets here.  But I did choose the paint, and got that taken care of, so off I go to work.

maxresdefault.jpg

You-dont-always-need-a-plan.-Sometimes-you-just-need-to-breathe-trust-let-go-and-see-what-happens.-Mandy-Hale.jpg

Thank you Annie.

We both have kept diaries for most of our lives and Pauline in particular has the birthdays, weddings and addresses of all our family and friends and sadly the dates family and friends passed away.

I also keep records of all of our cruises and holidays which is my number 1 interest.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Having a hard time relating to any of the "days", lol - and I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine. Ports are always good, and I've not been to Trieste. A friend here's mom had polio as a young woman. In fact, she caught it on her honeymoon if I remember correctly. Her new groom stuck by her and she has lived her life in a wheelchair since. She's in her 80's now - getting closer to 90.

It's a drizzly gloomy day here, which matches my mood with the hurricane Milton situation. It's still too early to know specifics, but this one will be devastating to more Floridians than Helene. Crossing my fingers the Ft Myers area (where my home sits close to the coast) is spared. I finally had turn the coverage off - too depressing. DH will be enjoying football most of the day. I plan to cook him a t-bone steak he bought and since he bought a set of champagne flutes at the store yesterday he's requested that's what we drink with dinner. What the heck!

Happy engagement anniversary @grapau27!

Good luck tomorrow Sandi @StLouisCruisers Most biopsies come back negative, but it's stressful while waiting for the results.

Sue/WDW1972

Thank you Sue.

Prayers 🙏 Hurricane Milton misses you and every other Florida resident.

We have been coming to Orlando since 1992 and been over 30 times and visited WDW many times.

We have also sailed out of 

Port Canaveral 

Miami.

We have also sailed out of New York,

San Juan Puerto Rico.

San Francisco.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18

Sadly, the reason that hatters (hatmakers) were "mad" was mercury poisoning.

Erethism, also known as erethismus mercurialis, mad hatter disease, or mad hatter syndrome, is a neurological disorder which affects the whole central nervous system, as well as a symptom complex, derived from mercury poisoning. Erethism is characterized by behavioral changes such as irritability, low self-confidence, depression, apathy, shyness and timidity, and in some extreme cases with prolonged exposure to mercury vapors, by delirium, personality changes and memory loss.

I would like the casserole but not too much of it. The drink today is a variation on the Depth Charge, this version more lethal than most.

The Finger Lakes wine business began in the 19th century with sparkling wines, most on the sweet side, made from native grapes, but now nearly all are from vinifera and totally dry. For one that isn't, let's go to the Heron Hill Winery for Lady of the Lakes 2021 Bubbly Red, $16. "A lovely bubbly and off dry red wine that shows wonderful red fruit like pomegranate, red currant, and raspberry combined with floral aromas. 33% Marechal Foch, 33% Marquette, 11% Seyval, 11% Cayuga, 6% Blaufrankisch, 6% Baco Noir. A really fun wine to sip on. It shows all the lively fruit of Marquette and Foch with bramble, cranberry, raspberry, and floral notes on the nose. The palate is fresh and inviting with crisp acidity, intense fruit and lovely bubbles all held together with a hint of sweetness."

I haven't been to Trieste, but I had a friend who escaped from Vienna via Trieste in 1939.

hummingbirds.jpg.a76e2b002f8360902a280ebf86a00e30.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Good morning, 

The sun is out and it's supposed to get up to 65 or so today and 72 tomorrow. Then the rain starts and we're back to typical Pacific Northwest weather. 

@grapau27 Happy Engagement Anniversary to you and Pauline. I'm with the others in that I don't remember the exact day DD DH and I got engaged. We met at the end of September and were engaged at the beginning of November then married in April so short and sweet. 

Yesterday was busy. I made 3 different types of cookies - chocolate chip, sour cream walnut, and double chocolate walnut along with the mini pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I also got almost everything put away in the newly redone linen closet so that took a mess out of my living room. 

Today is heading out for a drive and visiting one of the farms on the Farm Tour. I hope to get some jelly and some loaf cakes (mini size) to freeze and take up to DM. It should be a nice day and the drive has some lovely leaf viewing opportunities. 

Karen

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good Sunday morning all , I am quite early to the party , Sandi @StLouisCruisers woke me up and challenged me to show my pictures , we have been a couple of times in Trieste and there are multiple places to visit from there , I know everybody wants to see Venice but they do not want us anymore , we don’t spend enough money . ........... But they still want HAL to built their new ships there ! 

Trieste is a very nice city to explore on your own or to use as a place to go into Slovenia which is a beautiful country to visit , I of coarse have to say that because this is the country that gave me my dear wife Martha or as everybody says on CC , DW .
As a matter of fact in about one month from today we hope to be back in Trieste for 2 days 
and I have contacted a good Slovenian guide and friend of ours and asked if he could take us and our daughter Natascha and her DW to a tiny little place in the mountains of Slovenia where Martha was born and where at the age of 2 her parents escaped from. This will only be the third time she will be back there and the first time for our daughter. We are staying overnight at DW's cousin and visit all the nieces and nephews . Big Party ! 

So hopefully next time when Trieste or Koper (SL) show up on the Daily I can show you pictures from there.

This was turnaround day when we were on the Oosterdam on Sept 27 , 2022 , we just got of the ship and walked almost right away in to the heart of the city 

image.thumb.jpeg.f3cc6dfae05b38617789943db874e351.jpeg

I won’t tell you the names of the buildings because in half an hour you forget the names anyways 

image.thumb.jpeg.4faa41c8fb56747f54f3e9b1703592fc.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.189d0c92499da9e8b0d90d86965f0303.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.52fe906c1eeacf4b266e4ab70ea5b8a9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e9e85049cef8279a9930a014515bc57e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c15bd28cecbbc0115f55e9a755be76ef.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bdea18883e32b2923d7e86c5d141f815.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d086310425767172452e27e4defc565f.jpeg

Wrong guy hon ...........!!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.8a721374ff044100d70ef15fcc509529.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.581bedd221097af627c7ddc4ad39fb11.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3970b518e8dc576beca5e606897a9473.jpeg

Yes this is the life !  ( At home I am not allowed Coke anymore , I was told it is bad for me ) 

image.thumb.jpeg.537c7efac5fe4ee9a950b417dab0cee1.jpeg

Back on board the Oosterdam . This to show you how close we are here to Slovenia look at this mountain ridge  behind their you are already in Slovenia , go there you will love it ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.fa22c4f68981fd629c7ab1d6fb433da4.jpeg

As you can see we left quite late because we only had to go a few miles to reach Koper the next morning as the crow flies about 15 miles . 

image.thumb.jpeg.a46f33a092535b36f532ec01fc86dd49.jpeg

We had a very nice day in Trieste and hope to get back there soon . YES we will be back !

image.thumb.jpeg.65897a55244e60fa9e1dfcfec4bda203.jpeg

Cheers everybody !

Tony 😁😁
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 10

Good morning all!

Another nice day, sunshine and low 70's.  I overdid in the garden yesterday as usual and have a few aches and pains.  But the outcome is worth it.  

I really don't have any feelings at all about the 3 days, so nothing to say about them...will pass on the meal (mushrooms, it's a texture thing), pass on the drink (whiskey), but would like the wine if it isn't too sweet.  We have been to Trieste twice.

Today will be laundry and tonight we're going out for pizza with DD, DSIL and the boys.  We have a few little things for them that we got in Yellowstone, including the calendar I get every year for them.  Those boys are growing up way too fast, 9 and 11 now hard to believe.  Yesterday I was cleaning out the toy box and reluctantly got rid of all the toys they've outgrown. 😢

Debbie @dfish I'm glad you found something to help you sleep.  I may look into that too.  So sad about the housefire across the street, especially that a pet perished in the fire. 😞 

Joy @Seasick Sailor Prayers for your sister Bonnie that this was a one-time thing and future infusions won't be a problem.  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers Prayers for you tomorrow that there's a good outcome from the biopsy.

@Denise T Safe travels tomorrow!

Jack @Heartgrove Safe travels!

As always continued prayers for @marshhawk Annie and Chuck and Terri and Tana @smitty34877

Paul @kochleffel Thank you for the Mad Hatter explanation.

We have been to Trieste twice.  The first time was in 2021 and we didn't get off the ship, as Italy required ship tours and we didn't have any (the port was substituted for Venice at the last minute).  Those getting off the cruise that day were shuttled to Venice.  The second time we did get off the ship on a bus tour of the city but it was pouring rain, thunder and lightening 😉  I'd love to see the city again under better circumstances

Here are my photos.

Too bad we couldn't get off the ship the first time, it looked like it would be a beautiful day.  Sunrise that morning.

271762737_Triestesunrise.jpg.1e18a70723e295865f7b49686ded9ef1.jpg

And some views from our balcony.

Trieste.jpg.2ea6d7f6061c9930a2dc974fc0a0e585.jpg

48072041_Triestehalf-way.jpg.9814995ea8259f7f68d4e35fd208e7c2.jpg

1807874645_Triesteview.jpg.5d0b6acb7d0195a61fe417c03bc63e43.jpg

And our rainy bus tour the second time we were there.

Ancient ruins.  We could barely see them through the rain.

1454088485_wetancientruins.jpg.d1aa6c9171a3c698b91e9206164ea191.jpg

The Theater in Trieste

1743121658_TheaterTrieste.jpg.f81862676feb047077b4fb7cd7dd35c8.jpg

Some views of the city through the raindrops.

1350931629_Triesterainycity.jpg.cb463244d0c055567b37948bed1c2ee9.jpg

At the end of the tour it cleared up a little and we were able to get off the bus to get this view of Miremare Castle.

1719835571_MirmareCastle.jpg.46ce277c734ffb6c41b46fc9a0080467.jpg

Rainbow over Trieste

156363609_rainbowoverTrieste.jpg.39fec0dce45dcca5dbf403efb713d925.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 9

I don't post very often, not much going on here usually and haven't cruised in about six months. But uh oh! That might change this week. We live in FL not far from @cunnorl. If you see a radar map and see Satellite Beach, we are on the mainland just opposite. It has been raining since 6:30am and my husband just checked the rain gauge it says 4.5in. We were only suppose to get an inch today. It's still raining. Spent the morning filling up the car with gas and double checking and organizing the hurricane supplies. Milton is due on Weds. I would love to be on a Canada/New England cruise with @JazzyV Vanessa right now. Although last time we did that cruise it snowed (yah! hadn't seen snow in 40yrs) and the ship had to hide from a storm behind an island.

Hope every one has a good healthy week! I better go check the wine supplies.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Starting to put the hurricane shutters down on the sides and back of the house in anticipation of Milton arriving Tuesday night or Wednesday. Planning on getting our Covid and flu shots tomorrow I hope that will still happen. Well, bring what I can, and from the lanai and pile the rest of it in a corner that we have. Everyone is forecasting that this is going to be a biggie for Central Florida.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3