Who has booked Alaska for a 2008 cruise?

brunolvr

My DD and DH and I will be travelling in August on Infinity X for our first Alaska cruise and first X cruise. We will be joined by my brother, father, aunts and cousins. 21 in all. Looking forward to seeing the sights. Any good tips on excursions are appreciated!!:D

My wife & I are going with another couple on HAL's CruiseTour #18 starting June 1st in Fairbanks, picking up the Volendam in Seward on the 8th, and finishing up in Vancouver on the 15th.

It is a first time cruise for 3 of us, and we are really looking forward to it.

We have our itinerary pretty full with (3) HAL packaged tours plus another (4) optional excursions that we have selected.

Thanks to all the good advice and great information on these boards, I believe we have a great itinerary lined up.

We are sailing northbound Millennium 7/11/08. Our first cruise to Alaska-can't wait:D I think we are going alone though, I started a roll call but no responses yet. Is anyone else going:confused:

We're a little late, but my Mom and sister and I just booked this cruise...with land tours at end.

Susan

We will be sailing on the NCL Pearl leaving Seattle on May 25. This will be our first trip to Alaska. It's very hard to decide what our first priorities should be at each port. I have learned a lot just reading reviews. Can't wait to sail!

That's cool!:D So are the temperatures automatically updated?

Yes they are automatically updated. If you click on one of them, it will bring you to the site, WeatherUnderground. You can see the weather for any city you wish.

On Radiance northbound with #4 cruisetour. Booked last September. So far, can only find about 2 others on roll call, but none here.

Msmoger - thanks for the websites - Am thinking of booking your excursion in Skagway. How much $? Also heard that the Red Onion Saloon in town was really good.

First time I find myself willing away time...can't wait to go!:D

Dh and I actually won our cruise from dh's company :) We are leaving Seattle 6-6 on the Infinity with about 75 other couples from the company (including my BIL and his wife). We are SO excited, but don't have any of the travel details yet, although they should come this week.

First time to Alaska, 2nd cruise for us.

We just booked Norwegian Star for June 2008 against our better judgment. We did not have a good experience on the Mexican Riviera with the Star in 2007, so we did 2 separate vacations to Hawaii by air in July and December 2007, etc. We'll keep our fingers crossed this time since we already know there is no public laundry and it's best to make restaurant reservations as soon as you board the ship. It just seemed the service was mediocre since the crew charge up-front for their tips. oops! I mean "service fee".

Kona.jpg.81ba8dade1c5cd9208dccd6d99d554c5.jpg

Punaluu.jpg.1e6f1e0c6f006593b5f68402ec24a15d.jpg

361590258_birdsofhawaii.jpg.b7bf82c9c93b5637353d924ca00dd1b8.jpg

Kaneohe113.jpg.8578b2b517ba56123cdb67b55f20fc8f.jpg

Kaneohe352.jpg.a5ddbbf5e4f6001b860187076f87867f.jpg

We just booked Norwegian Star for June 2008 against our better judgment. We did not have a good experience on the Mexican Riviera with the Star in 2007, so we did 2 separate vacations to Hawaii by air in July and December 2007, etc. We'll keep our fingers crossed this time since we already know there is no public laundry and it's best to make restaurant reservations as soon as you board the ship. It just seemed the service was mediocre since the crew charge up-front for their tips. oops! I mean "service fee".

What prompted you to book the same ship for Alaska if you didn't like it the first time?

The princess cruise didn't have an inside and balcony across from each other for 7 people. I called 4 different agencies and the cruise line. We decided to book late for June. Now, we're looking at the expensive excursions and considering switching to Carnival out of Galveston to Jamaica, Cayman and Cozumel, if they can find an quad inside and triple balcony across from each other. We have until today to decide or lose the cabins on NCL.

Msmoger - thanks for the websites - Am thinking of booking your excursion in Skagway. How much $? Also heard that the Red Onion Saloon in town was really good.

The 7 Hour Tour with Chilkoot Charters is $174.30 pp (sales tax included). It gets excellent reviews on this board. We're really looking foward to it.

The princess cruise didn't have an inside and balcony across from each other for 7 people. I called 4 different agencies and the cruise line. We decided to book late for June. Now, we're looking at the expensive excursions and considering switching to Carnival out of Galveston to Jamaica, Cayman and Cozumel, if they can find an quad inside and triple balcony across from each other. We have until today to decide or lose the cabins on NCL.

Perhaps you could wait until 2009 to cruise to Alaska, and then get the cabins you want on a ship you would like.

we are booked on the westerdam5-18 outside verandah qaud for me hubby, my brother and daughter gave this to hubby for our 2oth ,and daughter jumped on cause her bday is the 23rd of may and wants to spend it in alaska and brother jumped on cause he never went anywhere, we have 1 night pre and post cruise.

Archived