What was your favorite bon voyage gift?

caliseas

Hi all!

Just curious about bon voyage gifts. What was your favorite gift that was in your cabin and where did you order it from?

I am in the planning stage of our next cruise...we've done cabin decorations, wine, roses....

What's your favorite?:rolleyes:

I ordered Champaign and chocolate covered strawberries as a bon voyage surprise for my family. It was a nice treat to start our vacation.

We did the cruise with RCCL where I ordered it online several weeks prior. They did however deliver a little bit too early as we just got to our staterooms and were unpacking at the time but i was still nice.

I love if we get a shipboard credit gift. We can spend it the way we want.

I don't care for the spas or salon so would hate a Steiner's gift, for example. I'd rather we can 'buy' what we want but certainly appreciate if anyone is kind enough to send us anything. :)

One dozen long-stemmed red roses and a plate of the most delicious chocolate covered strawberries and a wonderful bottle of vintage red wine from Italy.....from the President and CEO of the cruiseline I was sailing on.

He and I had known each other for over 30 years; when he was a lowly sales representative for a brand new baby cruise line and I was a lowly travel agency owner who had just opened up her own office.

I had emailed him to congratulate him on a really nice event in his corporate life and reminded him of the "good old days".....

I was so surprised by his lovely gifts when I entered the cabin. It was very thoughful.

My husband and I always send ourselves a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries so its in our room as soon as we arrive... it really gets the vacation/party mood going!

I usually order an OBC with a note to DH saying "Happy Anniversary" as we always celebrate our anniversary onboard, no matter when we sail. Sometimes he uses it, sometimes I do - but it's something we both appreciate!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

While the OBC is really nice, we always order a floral arrangement and a bottle of wine to be enjoyed on departure. We order it from the cruise line on their website. We always get a balcony room so we can stand on our balcony and toast our trip as we watch the port slip away.

• 2 weeks later...

OK--maybe this is a little schmaltsy...

Every time we sail with my parents, our kids (ages 5/7) make an oversize "Granny and Papa's Cabin" door poster that we hang on their cabin door. My parents love it, and are so proud to have the one-of-a-kind artwork from their grandkids. They have quite a collection they've saved up over the past few years.

CeleBrat

hi all, i had a question, if you order wine or champagne, are they chilled and ready to drink? how about strawberrry w/chocolate? are they fresh or kept in a fridge ?

champagne is chilled over ice with 2 glasses, the strawberries were cold and in a covered tray. once we've boarded and arrived to find them in our room already, once we received them while unpacking, and another time they appeared after dinner in our room in the evening. that was kind of late so now we request to have in our room upon boarding so we can celebrate right away!

what a great question! i am planning to give my in-laws a few goodies to show my appreciate since they are paying for the cruise, all 18 of us. i plan to give them nice binoculars, a couple of folding chairs (like you take to soccer or other games) for the balcony, a night light, some peanut M&M's (they are from Georgia and love anything with nuts in it) and possibly a small fan for the room.

what a great question! i am planning to give my in-laws a few goodies to show my appreciate since they are paying for the cruise, all 18 of us. i plan to give them nice binoculars, a couple of folding chairs (like you take to soccer or other games) for the balcony, a night light, some peanut M&M's (they are from Georgia and love anything with nuts in it) and possibly a small fan for the room.

That's really sweet but you can probably skip the folding chairs. I've been on 4 different cruise lines and all of the balconies had chairs on them. They will love the binoculars, I alway pack a pair for dh. They're great for the balcony or even some shore excursions.

thanks for the info. i read somewhere that the chairs on the balcony are not comfortable...that is why i wanted to bring folding chairs. my wife is against it and she is usually right so unless someone on here supports my position i am going to leave the chairs behind. david

I ordered a fruit and cheese basket, and will order something else before the cruise. Will let you know how I enjoyed them in August.

i ordered the fruit and cheese basket for my last cruise. The basket was in the room already . I liked the cheese and wine alot.

RCCL has cakes available for purchase. They are small round cakes, very tasty and only cost like ten dollars if I remember correctly. They can be personalized-bon voyage, happy birthday, etc. It makes a nice little treat to start off your trip and its not something you can get anywhere on the boat like fruit, or choc covered berries.

Archived