Roll Call - Christmas Markets 2008 - all lines, all dates

AZPam

Ed, you have mail! I am doing the same trip you are only we leave on Nov 28 for the 3 day pre trip in Basel. I did this trip 3 years ago also and it's just wonderful!

Your packing list would be greatly appreciated Pam. Thank you so much!!

Send it to dudek @ nauticom . com all smushed together.

Thank you!!

Thanks again for the packing list AZPAM...

Now a question... not much discussed about Viking or Uniworld...especially interested in the viking line. anyone been on one, and if so, what is your opinion. I am just looking for opinions as I am comparing them all. Thanks in advance for all input.

Happy River Cruisin' To All!!

Your packing list would be greatly appreciated Pam. Thank you so much!!

Send it to dudek @ nauticom . com all smushed together.

Thank you!!

You have mail! and welcome to the group! You are going to LOVE the Christmas Markets!

Catkoe, why don't you start a thread asking for the differences? You might get more replies from others that aren't keeping up with this thread. I'd be interested to see them too.

You have mail! and welcome to the group! You are going to LOVE the Christmas Markets!

Thank you, I got it.

I'm sure I will love it! I have been telling everyone they are all getting Hungarian ornaments for Christmas this year.:)

I still can't believe it!!

I am trying to find some photos of the markets. Any ideas?

Thank you, I got it.

I'm sure I will love it! I have been telling everyone they are all getting Hungarian ornaments for Christmas this year.:)

I still can't believe it!!

I am trying to find some photos of the markets. Any ideas?

If you read a few pages back, Steamboats had listed some web sites that had all the markets listed. I think there were some pics there. I know a few of us had also posted a few pictures too. I'll try to email you a few others.

If you read a few pages back, Steamboats had listed some web sites that had all the markets listed. I think there were some pics there. I know a few of us had also posted a few pictures too. I'll try to email you a few others.

Thank you, I will look for it.

You are a wealth of great information.

Thanks again!

Peggy

Thanks again for the packing list AZPAM...

Now a question... not much discussed about Viking or Uniworld...especially interested in the viking line. anyone been on one, and if so, what is your opinion. I am just looking for opinions as I am comparing them all. Thanks in advance for all input.

Happy River Cruisin' To All!!

We're going on Viking next month! :eek: :D We'll be back on Dec. 11th so I should have a review about the middle of Dec.

Hi ChefPeg,

I have a question for you.... did you used to have a doggie bakery and make biscuits/cookies for doggies? If so, you sent my Dustin and Morgan some of them. Very sweet of you. We live about an hour North of Karen and Bob. If you aren't the same person. I am sorry.

We are going on the Viking Europe on Dec. 9th, 2008 and doing the Christmas Markets. I was hoping to see some information about Viking but this trip is through my work, so I will find out for myself. We won't be back until December 18th so we might be getting on, when you are getting off. Let me know about the doggie treats...

Hi ChefPeg,

I have a question for you.... did you used to have a doggie bakery and make biscuits/cookies for doggies? If so, you sent my Dustin and Morgan some of them. Very sweet of you. We live about an hour North of Karen and Bob. If you aren't the same person. I am sorry.

We are going on the Viking Europe on Dec. 9th, 2008 and doing the Christmas Markets. I was hoping to see some information about Viking but this trip is through my work, so I will find out for myself. We won't be back until December 18th so we might be getting on, when you are getting off. Let me know about the doggie treats...

Hello!!

Yes, that is me!!

I remember you too from the Freedom thread. How are you??

What is your itinerary?

Peggy

I've hit the 30 day mark! And I have broken down and put a suitcase on the bed in the guest room and am starting to throw stuff into it. Not that I am excited or anything! :rolleyes:

We are also there!! One month from now we'll be sleeping on the ship. :eek: :D Not packing yet. :o :(

Time and inclination??? I'm really busy working on my Rosetta Stone German program. :D Off to do some more shortly. I need to get to Unit 4 which is SHOPPING! :rolleyes:

Well in that case I guess you are forgiven. Let me know what you learn about the SHOPPING! That's what I'm talkin' about!

Hello!!

Yes, that is me!!

I remember you too from the Freedom thread. How are you??

What is your itinerary?

Peggy

Hi Cathy,

How are you and Ron doing? Are you going on a Viking River FAM? Bob and I are going on the Christmas Market trip with Peggy and Tom on Amadeus Waterways Amalegra. Our trip ends December 7 so we will definitely not be seeing you in Budapest.

Take care and tell Ron hi. By the way, do you ever hear from Pam Sands? The last she wrote she was having alot of problems with her mom.

Karen

Well in that case I guess you are forgiven. Let me know what you learn about the SHOPPING! That's what I'm talkin' about!

:D :D I'm almost done with Unit 2. Greetings and Introduction. Ich heisse Trish!!

I thought you started packing weeks ago :D !

steamboats

I started BUYING weeks ago and I have consolidated those efforts to 3 large shopping bags. :o But that doesn't include the wine...

We haven't started packing, but I am watching the temps for Amsterdam and Munich in our paper. We are going from Cologne to Basel and then taking the train to Munich for a couple of nights. Remember the fronts go from west to east so whatever the weather/temp is in Amsterdam, that's going to be in Nuremberg/Munich in a few days. Based on what I took last year, it will be similar clothing. Ladies don't forget a few camisoles that don't weigh much but act as a warm layer next to your skin. My hubby brings some long underwear. Also, knee-hi stockings can be worn under your socks for extra warmth.

:o :o I just looked at my itinerary and I was wrong yesterday. :o :o We will spend a month from last night in Vienna but at a hotel, not on the ship. "Tonight" we will be on the ship, also spending the night in Vienna.

Does anyone else have their docs? I'm so ready to start the doc dancing!! :D

I'm really glad that the Euro is down but I wouldn't mind if it came back up before May - when my German friends are coming over for an Alaska cruise.

So, who is happy the Euro has dropped so much? :D

Seems like I´m the only one who´s not happy about that!! I wonder why??:rolleyes:

We haven't started packing, but I am watching the temps for Amsterdam and Munich in our paper.

I can definitely tell you it´s cold in Munich right now!! Snow is still in the forecast...

steamboats

Hi Karen and Bob,

How are you guys? How are Jake and CruzR? Your new home and yourselves? We are doing fine. Yes we are going on a Christmas Market Cruise on December 9th. I am going with a friend because it is "all about shopping". We will be in Vienna for a couple of days before and then when we disembark in Passau we are training back over to Vienna for a couple of days. We are so thrilled to be going on this River Cruise. I have never been on a river cruise, have you two? Any opinions on Uniworld? If so, my friend and her spouse and another couple are going on Uniworld Tulip and Windmill Cruise next year and I only know what I read on the boards.

Thanks for contacting me and hope all is well.

As far as Pam Sands, we were supposed to room at Clia 360 LAST YEAR and she begged off and I have not heard from her since. Ugh. Oh well, not sure why.

Take care, Cathy

I'm new to the German Christmas Market idea, so I thought it'd be fun to see what others plan to buy. I know that SHOPPING is a major activity ... what are your plans?

I know a little about:

- Smokers

- Nativities

- Ornaments (what types? What materials?)

- Christmas "pyramids" that rotate when a candle is lighted

- Gingerbread (yummmmmm)

What else??

Archived