Referral Coupon Thread- This is the only one!

21 minutes ago, Chairsin said:

Seabourn recently launched a new referral program. I don’t believe they are mailing out the $400 certificates anymore ( though my understanding is that for those of us that still have some they will be honored). But the new program is $250 for each referral ( to you and the same amount to the person you refer).  However, as the referrer I believe you can use two of these for your booking. Best thing to do would be to call the Seabourn Club in Seattle and ask them to walk you through the details. While the person you refer must cruise before you or on the same cruise the good news is you have plenty of time to find someone to refer if  you are lookNiing at an August cruise.  

No need to contact Seabourn for the referral program.  They now have a web page with all of the info and clicking Learn More gets you to a page where you complete the referral process on line.  No more coupons or mailing.  All done on the internet.

Link is https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/refer-a-friend.html

20 minutes ago, Desert Princess said:

I’m sorry i have already used my customer referral for the trip I have planned in Feb. 2020. I believe you can only use one per cruise

That is true for the person being referred and for the old $400 coupon for the referrer however for the new $250 referral for the referrer they can use two coupons per cruise thus a $500 OBC.

15 minutes ago, chilimax said:

Hi everyone,  we will be on our first Seabourn cruise this July, family of four with two separate bookings. Can anyone refer us please?

PM me and many thanks in advance.

We have booked a cruise for March 2021 so would be happy to do the two referrals for you. Not possible to PM on Cruise Critic at the moment. Our email address is rosteve at gmail dot com. We would need your two booking references.

8 minutes ago, mara01 said:

We have booked a cruise for March 2021 so would be happy to do the two referrals for you. Not possible to PM on Cruise Critic at the moment. Our email address is rosteve at gmail dot com. We would need your two booking references.

Emailed you just now. Thanks again.

Hi im from the uk it’s best if you find someone from the county you reside and they have to communicate between countries to apply the referral.

if you would like me to refer you my email is warrens.wcs@gmail.com

I can do it instantly!

thanks

mulberry 

On 5/9/2009 at 1:25 PM, Tucruisers said:

We are UK resident new-to-Seabourn cruisers off to the Norwegian Fjords in the summer. Have read with interest the posts on referral coupons on this site and think I almost understand the system. So, does anyone have a coupon which we could use/share? Would at least help those of us who have to otherwise use the puny £ sterling!

Tucruisers

could you use the $250 new coupons, I could give you referral. please email me at santiandaji@gmail.com.

I would need your booking no. and other particulars needed to submit the referral.   Thanks.

I am also going on the Ovation to the Fjiords and North Cape this summer.  I do have the $400 referral coupon if anyone else is interested.  I am leaving on July 4. and needs to be settled on cruises before July.  Can contact kelloggrobbins at gmail  dot com.

I booked my first Seaborne cruise and already got the $400 OBC as a referred person.  Could anyone please answer my question: if I book another Seaborne cruise for a sailing date that is prior to the sailing date of my first cruise, would I be able to refer someone (based on my second booking) who would book their first cruise for a sailing date that is prior to my second sailing date so that person would get $250 referral OBC, and I would get the $250 referrer OBC being applied to my second cruise?

Mikhail

The fine print in the information about the referral program is concerning.  It says

"Offer is not combinable with third party Shipboard Credit offers. ".   Our travel agency gave us on board credit for our upcoming cruise. Does that mean we can not receive any credit for being a referrer?  

I just put a "hold" on what would be my first cruise with Seabourn.  After reading here about the "referral program" I questioned my travel agent about it.  This is the reply I received:  "Seabourn requires you to be referred first before you hold or book a cruise.  If you already did it, they said you will not get the referral credit".  Actually this does make sense since if you booked on your own, you weren't actually referred.  However, it sounds different from what has been posted here.  Does this mean there has been a change in Seabourn policy recently, or is the information from my travel agent in error?  

4 minutes ago, Big Timber said:

I just put a "hold" on what would be my first cruise with Seabourn.  After reading here about the "referral program" I questioned my travel agent about it.  This is the reply I received:  "Seabourn requires you to be referred first before you hold or book a cruise.  If you already did it, they said you will not get the referral credit".  Actually this does make sense since if you booked on your own, you weren't actually referred.  However, it sounds different from what has been posted here.  Does this mean there has been a change in Seabourn policy recently, or is the information from my travel agent in error?  

No change in when you have to be referred.  Your TA is incorrect.  After all part of the referral form is your booking number.

6 minutes ago, rallydave said:

No change in when you have to be referred.  Your TA is incorrect.  After all part of the referral form is your booking number.

Thank you for the quick response.  I will recheck with my travel agent.

After reading posts this sticky for a number of years it has become apparent than many TA's are clueless as to Seabourn's referral program. And now with the new program recently rolled out I'm sure even fewer are up to speed on it. Rallydave is correct irrespective of what your TA might tell you. This is a verbatim quote from Seabourn's website " Once your first time friends or family have booked a future Seabourn voyage, simply register them for their reward on our website."

• Like 1

For anyone wondering, I was referred with one of the old $400 certificates by someone in the UK and I am in the US. I thought I wouldn't receive the OBC until after final payment for my cruise (which isn't till July), but I received an updated invoice yesterday showing that the OBC had been applied. I also retained the $300 OBC from the current promotion, so my account is showing a total of $700 OBC. I know it used to be the policy that you couldn't combine the referral OBC with other OBC, but apparently that has changed, even for the older referral coupons. Very happy!

So here's an odd question. If we get friends to join us on this cruise who are also first timers, can we refer them and get even more OBC?

Although my travel agent insists that she is correct, I have gone ahead and booked a cruise for October 26, 2020.  I would appreciate it if anyone has a referral certificate that I could use (and hopefully prove my ta wrong and his forum right).  Of course if there is a $400 one available that would be preferable.  

On 1/10/2020 at 8:45 AM, Big Timber said:

Although my travel agent insists that she is correct, I have gone ahead and booked a cruise for October 26, 2020.  I would appreciate it if anyone has a referral certificate that I could use (and hopefully prove my ta wrong and his forum right).  Of course if there is a $400 one available that would be preferable.  

I just received notification from my travel agent that I had received the $400 referral credit.  She made no mention that she had been incorrect.  Thank you to the responders here who provided me with the correct information.  A special thank you to those of you who offered to provide me with the referral certificate.