Who's going to Alaska in 2010?

brunolvr

As part of a trip to Canadian Rockies and Alaskan Circle. I've cruised twice before in the Pacific in the 80s.

Found this site today and am avidly reading lots of posts to get info on what to do/bring etc. I'm very interested in finding out about shore excursions - would like to explore, see wildlife (not whales as can do whale watching here in Oz).

This will be a once in a lifetime trip to this part of the world so ideas on "must see" excursions would be great. I'm reasonably fit and like walking.

Our first cruise (hubby and I) and our best friends (veteran cruisers). I will be the Alaskan "newbie" as they have all been before. May couldn't come soon enough!

I'm getting a little worried about my stateroom (minisuite w/balcony) on Dolphin deck, fore and port side. I've read comments that I may get seasick! But I have also read that when cruising to Alaska, you want to be close to the front as the wildlife will be gone by the time the rear of the ship arrives? Oh well, who cares! I'll be in ALASKA!:)

We're leaving for Alaska next week and cruising on the Millie on the 11th, but my grandson is so upset with us because he wanted to go but is back in school. So, I think we might go again next May and take him. I'm looking at Princess RT out of Seattle.

We booked for a May 10 2010 Alaska cruise on Celebrity's Infinity - it'll be our first time on a Celebrity ship. We are bringing 4 of our friends, 3 of them will be first- time Alaska cruisers so I am excited for them. DH and I have sailed twice to AK and one of our friends has gone once; we ar all very excited ! Corkey Carol

We booked for a May 10 2010 Alaska cruise on Celebrity's Infinity - it'll be our first time on a Celebrity ship. We are bringing 4 of our friends, 3 of them will be first- time Alaska cruisers so I am excited for them. DH and I have sailed twice to AK and one of our friends has gone once; we ar all very excited ! Corkey Carol

Hi Carol. I will be waiting for your review. We are on Millennium on July 23. First real vacation with brother and sister and our spouses. We booked a CC Aft so we can all hang on our balcony. Wish you and Patty were on with us.

Can't believe that DH and I are booked on the 13 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise on the Radiance of the Seas for May 8, 2010. It's a reposition from San Diego - North Alaska route and back to Vancouver.

Since we haven't been to San Diego, San Francisco, Alaska or Vancouver it just seemed like the right choice for us to mix all of it at once because we'll probably never do it again.

We'll fly out a day early and return the day after we get to Vancouver.

It's a retirement gift for us as we begin a new season in our life. :)

Can't believe that DH and I are booked on the 13 Night Ultimate Alaska Cruise on the Radiance of the Seas for May 8, 2010. It's a reposition from San Diego - North Alaska route and back to Vancouver.

Since we haven't been to San Diego, San Francisco, Alaska or Vancouver it just seemed like the right choice for us to mix all of it at once because we'll probably never do it again.

We'll fly out a day early and return the day after we get to Vancouver.

It's a retirement gift for us as we begin a new season in our life. :)

What a great gift. We are sailing our 1st cruise, Carnival Sensation in less than 2 weeks. I am anticipating falling in love with cruising, and my next cruise would prob be to Alaska. I would like to know if you purchase your plane tix and hotel on your own, or get some sort of package with cruise line? I am in Deltona, so wondering best way to get to other side of country for us. Thanks and Congrats...kell

Okay, I know the 2009 season is only a month or so old, but who's booked an Alaska cruise for next year?

We just booked the NCL Pearl for May 30, 2010 and I don't know how I'm going to be able to stand the long, long wait. We got back from our 7th cruise to Alaska just 2 weeks ago today, and I'm ready to go again!:D

Who's going to play the waiting game with me?:)

While we were on the Westerdam in April/May we booked HAL's new 14 day cruise on the Amsterdam for June 2010.

New ports for us will be Kodiak and Homer.

Hi Carol. I will be waiting for your review. We are on Millennium on July 23. First real vacation with brother and sister and our spouses. We booked a CC Aft so we can all hang on our balcony. Wish you and Patty were on with us.

Hi Joni! altho' we've been to AK twice (for me, more than 10 for hubby - he used to fish there) I am still very excited! I will be on the sister ship to the Millie - wish more of our old gang were on this cruise too -

carol

Archived