Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

Just to throw another 'liquoricy' thing into the discussion. Have any of you tried Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts - they are yummy - google them:D

Buy them for my Mum each Christmas, she is originally from England and absolutely loves them.

OK Quincytoo. I will be in Vancouver on September 21st; it's a port stop, so timing is crucial. Would you like to bring some to the ship, or its environs? Caramel Tim Tams and popcorn sounds yummy.

You have to know, if I lived in Vancouver I so would be meeting you and bringing you carmel ones (and smarties and popcorn so you can tell CC how good that combo is).....Any chance of you having a Victoria day???:D

You have to know, if I lived in Vancouver I so would be meeting you and bringing you carmel ones (and smarties and popcorn so you can tell CC how good that combo is).....Any chance of you having a Victoria day???:D

OOPS! Saw the V, BC and didn't read that it was Victoria and not Vancouver. Sorry......no Victoria day. We head to Los Angeles after leaving Vancouver. I do appreciate that I almost got it. ;)

Okay, after all the hoopla regarding the Tim Tam's I went and bought some. They are indeed, sold here in Canada at Superstore. They really are a spectacular cookie, probably one of the best packaged cookies I've ever had. I bought the caramel ones...yummy!

Hats off to the Aussie's for this one. I can see how you may become addicted and still need your fix on a cruise.

Just wondering if anyone has seen Arnotts Tim Tams for sale in USA - specifically Fort Lauderdale or Los Angeles?

Would love to buy some before we get on the ship or get some in LA for the week we will be spending there. My DH just loves Tim Tams with a cup of coffee. I don't think you can bring them in from australia.

I was recently introduced to Tim Tams while in Rockhampton. Tasty. I'd buy 'em if I could find 'em.

Just to throw another 'liquoricy' thing into the discussion. Have any of you tried Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts - they are yummy - google them:D

I don't know why these things are so hard to come by. They usually have tons around christmas and then after that they are hard to find.:(

• 2 months later...

We just got back from a 16 day Disneyland/Puerto Vallarta trip......ate and drank more then we should have.....I am grocery shopping yesterday and OMG Caramel Tim Tams at Thrifty's (our local grocery store chain) for $2.50 a package!!!!!!! My hand was reaching for the package(s), you can never buy just one, I looked down at my waistline and noticed the slight overhang that was not there three weeks ago......sadly I did not buy them :(

Now darn it I will be in there tomorrow buying them :eek:

Just wondering if anyone has seen Arnotts Tim Tams for sale in USA - specifically Fort Lauderdale or Los Angeles?

Tim Tams are available in the Los Angeles area at Cost Plus World Market.

We love to do the Tim Tam Slam. Bite off opposite corners of the cookie and quickly dunk in coffee, slurp it up, pop in your mouth and enjoy.

OMG, so good.

Check out the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam_Slam

man this is a great thread! i tried tim tams for the first time when i was in australia as an exchange student in 1999! (wow ten years ago...crazy!).

they were fantastic! i'm not a huge fan of chocolate but i really enjoyed the originals with my hot chocolate. it's like double chocolate. i brought a bunch home in my luggage.

it's now a regular in various grocery stores here. i find though (as a strange girl who never craves chocolate...the guys in my family do though; go figure!), now that it's always available, i don't crave them like i did when they weren't available.

enjoy the tim tams! :P

Cordova Rd? For all you cruisers: this is the Publix which is off 17th St. and closest to the port.

Arlene -- Cordova Road is the actual street address.

http://store.publix.com/publix/cgi/selection?mapid=US&lang=en&design=default&region_name=&region=&place=33316&mapx=&mapy=&x=56&y=12

I recall you being confused about this before.

A more useful description might be "behind embassy suites,

in the same plaza as total wine" -- as those seem to be cruiser

landmarks.

Cordova Rd? For all you cruisers: this is the Publix which is off 17th St. and closest to the port.

OOOH, thanks guys, I was starting my list of things to take and now I can strike the tim tams off the list. Will buy in Fort Lauderdale and save on the weight. How much are they though? It might still be a lot cheaper to bring them. They are around $2.oo a packet here.

A couple weeks ago I came across Tim Tams at the grocery store (Safeway). I just had to get it because it was milk chocolate and caramel! The store clerk saw it, and said "Oh those are sooo good!" I didn't share even 1 cookie with my kids - I ate every single one. :D

During the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, the Today Show staff did a thing on Vegemite, and interviewed several Sydneyans (is that a word?). "Oh, we grew up with Vegemite! Lovely stuff, and we put it on everything! It's delicious! Now, what we don't understand is why you Americans spoil a good batch of chips by smothering them with catsup! And, how can you eat that horrid concoction known as 'peanut butter'? Especially when you mix it with perfectly good jam!" It really was a fun segment, with each side screwing up their noses while tasting each other's standard!

During the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney, the Today Show staff did a thing on Vegemite, and interviewed several Sydneyans (is that a word?). "Oh, we grew up with Vegemite! Lovely stuff, and we put it on everything! It's delicious! Now, what we don't understand is why you Americans spoil a good batch of chips by smothering them with catsup! And, how can you eat that horrid concoction known as 'peanut butter'? Especially when you mix it with perfectly good jam!" It really was a fun segment, with each side screwing up their noses while tasting each other's standard!

You are quite right! Nearly every Aussie grows up with vegemite, you could regard it as equivalent to the American Peanut butter, but probably more popular. It is not fattening either like peanut butter. It has all the essential vitamins and minerals and is perfect for growing children.

The problem most people have when they first try it (especially americans) is that they think it is like peanut butter or jam and spread it on too thickly. Wrong! Use it very sparingly to just get the taste, it has a very strong taste so you don't need much.

I suppose it is an acquired taste too, just like your peanut butter and jelly (jam), I couldn't think of anything worse (sorry).

You are quite right! Nearly every Aussie grows up with vegemite' date=' you could regard it as equivalent to the American Peanut butter, but probably more popular. It is not fattening either like peanut butter. It has all the essential vitamins and minerals and is perfect for growing children.

The problem most people have when they first try it (especially americans) is that they think it is like peanut butter or jam and spread it on too thickly. Wrong! Use it very sparingly to just get the taste, it has a very strong taste so you don't need much.

I suppose it is an acquired taste too, just like your peanut butter and jelly (jam), I couldn't think of anything worse (sorry).[/quote']

Definitely an acquired taste - since we were fed PB&J sandwiches since infancy! My DD and I spent a very nice vacation in Fiji several years ago. We were the only Americans. There was one German couple and all the other guests were Australian. We routinely pack what is known as "cheese and peanut butter crackers", as they are cheap, pre-packaged, and easy to pack. Makes for an easy and tasty snack. Well, they were the talk of the resort, as no one else had ever seen them, apparently. One night after dinner, we had a "jumping frog" contest. We were each assigned a frog, which we had to name (Ours was "Damn Yankee"). The winner got $50.00, and the loser had to eat a 6-pack of our cheese and peanut butter crackers! It was hilarious watching this young guy and his girlfriend (from Melbourne) trying to choke them down...with several glugs of Fiji Bitters!