Celebrity Edge Stateroom Advice

chowna

Hey guys,

I am booking Jan 6 sailing on the Edge for Western Caribbean. Since I've only cruise 1 time before, I was wondering if you guys can help me decide as to which would be the best deck and to stay in? And what to look for in stateroom positioning if I want to book a Concierge class balcony with infinite edge or non-concierge balcony with infinite edge. I want to stay mid ship ofcourse so I don't get sea sick. I believe the higher we go on the deck, the more movements we feel? I don't necessarily get sea sick, but just want to make sure we stay in the "safe" zone as my wife sometimes gets sick.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Chowna,

A concierge class would give you some nice amenities. But, if it's within your budget you should consider booking an Aqua Class cabin.

Aqua Class gives you access to an exclusive private dining room Blu plus many other nice extras like a hansgroh massage shower head, robes, slippers and more.

Blu gets terrific reviews and it really enhances your cruise to have an intimate dining experience.

Just make sure your cabin is sandwiched between two cabin decks. You don't want to be over any public rooms.

Have a great cruise on the Edge. Can't wait to cruise her in April 2019.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Also, I was taking a look at the deck plan of edge. Anyone know what's on Deck 13?Trying to see if it's okay to stay on Deck 12. if deck 13 is not all cabins, then I will look at deck 11.

Thanks for the reply Jonathan! I'll take a look at Aquaclass. Any advice on how to look as to which stateroom might have obstructed views or whatnot?

You're welcome Chowna.

The Aquas are all up on decks 9 and 10 on the Edge. Just try and steer clear of the Magic Carpet moving platform on the port side.

Jonathan

For AQ Infinite balc...I'd say bed by bathrm is better, it gives a more spacious feel ..we goofed and booked the bed by balc. .you can tell by the little notches on the deck plans..It was too late to change..not that many AQ staterooms and few are obstructed view...

is Deck 12 good on this ship? I don't see the plan for Deck 13, so not sure if deck 13 is activity area or not. If it is, then I would want to stick to decks lower than 12.

is Deck 12 good on this ship? I don't see the plan for Deck 13, so not sure if deck 13 is activity area or not. If it is, then I would want to stick to decks lower than 12.

US cruise ships usually skip deck 13, as the superstitious don't want to book there. Me, I'm only worried when Friday the 13th comes on a Wednesday [thanks to Walt Kelly's Pogo...]

It's hard to answer that since most of deck 14 is still a big grey block of "coming soon." Normally I would avoid the deck below the pool deck because of noise from moving deck furniture, but deck 14 starboard side around the Magic Carpet is Cabanas -- so 12146 to 12174 should not have noise from above. The only issue will be how the Magic Carpet affects those cabins when it is on deck 14 [or possibly even when on deck 16]. Since we want shade on our balcony, we're risking an S3 on deck 12.

It's hard to answer that since most of deck 14 is still a big grey block of "coming soon." Normally I would avoid the deck below the pool deck because of noise from moving deck furniture, but deck 14 starboard side around the Magic Carpet is Cabanas -- so 12146 to 12174 should not have noise from above. The only issue will be how the Magic Carpet affects those cabins when it is on deck 14 [or possibly even when on deck 16]. Since we want shade on our balcony, we're risking an S3 on deck 12.

Having been on a very early sailing of Harmony of the Seas last year I would avoid under the pool deck full stop as there was lots of deck sanding during our sailing. We have got a Starboard C1 on deck 11 in front of the Magic Carpet. But by the time we booked (for Dec 23rd) there was not a lot of choice left.

Hey guys,

I am booking Jan 6 sailing on the Edge for Western Caribbean. Since I've only cruise 1 time before, I was wondering if you guys can help me decide as to which would be the best deck and to stay in? And what to look for in stateroom positioning if I want to book a Concierge class balcony with infinite edge or non-concierge balcony with infinite edge. I want to stay mid ship ofcourse so I don't get sea sick. I believe the higher we go on the deck, the more movements we feel? I don't necessarily get sea sick, but just want to make sure we stay in the "safe" zone as my wife sometimes gets sick.

Many thanks in advance!

For a few extra $$$ aqua class is the way to go.

You're welcome Chowna.

The Aquas are all up on decks 9 and 10 on the Edge. Just try and steer clear of the Magic Carpet moving platform on the port side.

Jonathan

I believe the Magic Carpet is on the Starboard side of the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How're the interior stateroom, anyone booked in these?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It will probably be the same square footage as the S class ships........somewhere around 180 square feet.

Nobody knows exactly how they are going to be on EDGE since it is a brand new ship.

Inside cabins on all the the other ships are in the 170-180 square feet range.

I see that there are solo cabins on the Edge. What is Celebrity charging for a solo cabin?

You would have to check each sailing.........prices for a brand new ship are probably higher and it would be

supply and demand.....I sail solo but prefer the size of a normal cabin. When I originally booked, the price for a solo

cabin was not worth it to me.......I would rather pay the price for a full sized cabin.

Here are the proposed sizes for the insides per the Edge FAQ sheet:

Cat 9, 10,11 deluxe insides with 202 SF (111 cabins)

Cat 12 regular insides with 181 SF (17 cabins)

Cat 9 accessible deluxe insides with 231 SF (3 cabins)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Thanks for the reply Jonathan! I'll take a look at Aquaclass. Any advice on how to look as to which stateroom might have obstructed views or whatnot?

having dined in Blu many times, I disagree that the food is better. I would suggest a infinite balcony on a deck with cabins above and below towards mid ship. In addition I would use the saved money and dine multiple times in specialty restaurants which are far superior to Blu and the main dining room. Aqua class perks aren’t worth much IMO

• 2 weeks later...
having dined in Blu many times, I disagree that the food is better. I would suggest a infinite balcony on a deck with cabins above and below towards mid ship. In addition I would use the saved money and dine multiple times in specialty restaurants which are far superior to Blu and the main dining room. Aqua class perks aren’t worth much IMO

I agree with you on booking a infinite Balcony and dinning in the Specialty restaurants saving the Money from paying up to book Aqua Class.

We are on inaugural Edge Sunset Veranda fan tail. Been on 15 cruises but this one has me excited. :D

We're currently thinking about the Med. cruise in 2019 and are unsure re which balcony to go for. I quite like the new balconies they are having but we have always had a sunset veranda cabin as we love to watch the wake in a quieter area. Just have no idea at all what these cabins are supposed to be like, what the balconies are like and what the aft of the ship looks like.

Has anyone got a link to any images etc - it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

We're currently thinking about the Med. cruise in 2019 and are unsure re which balcony to go for. I quite like the new balconies they are having but we have always had a sunset veranda cabin as we love to watch the wake in a quieter area. Just have no idea at all what these cabins are supposed to be like, what the balconies are like and what the aft of the ship looks like.

Has anyone got a link to any images etc - it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I could have written this post, we just booked a concierge verandah on a med cruise, however I'm tossing up between that and a sunset verandah. There is no information about them, except it seems that the rooms are larger as are the balconies.

Not knowing what the concierge amenities will be, and simple things like are the sunset verandas covered has me questioning my choice.

We love aft cabins as well, and have a SV booked on edge in February, 2019. I still am not sure how I feel about the infinity verandas—seem more like a sunroom than a balcony. Here is a picture of what appears to be an aft cabin. This may be an aft suite, but the balcony is probably similar. For what is is worth, I have been told that all aft balconies/verandahs do NOT have the infinity "windows."717b675bc8e070e11a9747524a036f03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Pushkin

Only my opinion but if I had many questions and really can't get answers since there is so much unknown right now about this ship, I would wait until the next reveal.

At this point we have no idea about dining venues or other specifics. Who knows with what LLP has been hinting Blu might not be there, another venue might take it over. The only thing we do know is that the suites are taken care of.

Just a thought.