Regal Princess Unlimited Internet?

MTNestr

i disembarked the regal yesterday and there was unlimited wifi for platinum and elite for one device at at time.

i wrote my blog on my ipad but my photos were on my android phone. i kept having to switch back and forth. after about three days i think i confused the system because it then worked on both simultaneously.

fyi anyone i saw with a medallion around their neck said it was barely working to open their doors.

Different ship I know but I just returned 9/8 from Caribbean Princess. Medallions were not ship-wide by the time we disembarked but Aloha deck where we were was a medallion deck. I gotta say I liked that my door was unlocked when I walked up to it. The only time it wasn't "pre-opened" was if my SO entered just before me or if I had to go back in right after leaving. 99% of the time, the medallion on CB worked great (at least to open the cabin door)

BTW, as elite I had free unlimited internet for the entire 14 days. Before leaving though I was constantly receiving messages that I could buy unlimited internet for $99. I don't know what would have happened if I bought it. Only knew from reading here that I most likely would get unlimited internet free. Sure wish this was the benefit for elites (free unlimited) but know this will end soon. Not that I'm on the internet all that much, but nice to have it to google whatever you see in the water and find out what the heck it is :confused:

I’m currently on the Regal for the 9-22-18 cruise and MedallionNet is “complimentary for our Platinum & Elite guests (one device per guest)”. Otherwise it’s $9.99 per device per day (for a 24 hour period) when purchased for the entire voyage. Also, $29.99 for up to 4 devices (for a 24 hour period) charged to the same stateroom folio. These are for “your preview cruise”.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m currently on the Regal for the 9-22-18 cruise and MedallionNet is “complimentary for our Platinum & Elite guests (one device per guest)”. Otherwise it’s $9.99 per device per day (for a 24 hour period) when purchased for the entire voyage. Also, $29.99 for up to 4 devices (for a 24 hour period) charged to the same stateroom folio. These are for “your preview cruise”.

Are those prices for the social, surfing or streaming package?

We were just on Regal and as Elite we got full 24/7 internet free on one device each.

Worked well on almost every site I tried to connect to. No limitations.

However it did not feel particularly fast and our front door bell video camera connection timed out and did not work with it.

Other than that it was great for keeping in touch with emails etc. Loved it.

The free unlimited internet was a goodwill gesture due to the ***** issues. This has been reported as ending soon. Once ended, free internet will go back to the per person minutes packages for Premium and Elite:

• Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes
  • Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes
  • Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes

I’m using it for browsing the Internet, posting pictures on FB, texting and email. I never use streaming (even at home) but don’t see any restrictions on how I use it. Speed is decent but no idea if it would support streaming.

Is free unlimited internet the new norm for certainly loyalty levels, or are they only doing it because of the medallion rollout issues? We have unlimited on the Regal this spring, but on the CB this summer, we did not.

The letter we got on ship says “During your preview cruise, MedallionNet is available at...” They then give the prices and mention that Platinum/Elite are complimentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The letter we got on ship says “During your preview cruise, MedallionNet is available at...” They then give the prices and mention that Platinum/Elite are complimentary.

If paying, was there a discount if ordered on the first day of the cruise?

Hoping it’s still free in October & November?

I may pre-purchase the Unlimted Plan just to be sure I can get it at a reasonable price if it isn’t free.

Long Live FREE Internet!

Just read about Caribbean Princess which is now fully Medallion and how Platinum/Elite will get unlimited 24/7 on one device free. So I hope it will be the same on Regal.

Going to be hard to go back to Royal P. and only 250 minutes on each leg of our South America 49 day cruise next year.

Good thing there is that our Sprint plan gives us free slow internet in nearly every port so that will help.

I have emailed customer relations twice in the last few months to inquire as to whether or not the unlimited internet was still going to be going on for our 1/13/19 Regal sailing since they are offering a discount for pre-purchase. So far, nothing back from them.

Just read about Caribbean Princess which is now fully Medallion and how Platinum/Elite will get unlimited 24/7 on one device free.

Where did you read that?

The only official announcement I saw said Platinum/Elite get free Internet, but did not specifically say unlimited 24/7. The free minutes that Platinum/Elite have been getting all along satisfies the wording of "free Internet."

Now those who are Platinum/Elite on the CB recently have received the unlimited package recently, but that was supposed to be a temporary benefit.

I will be joining you on the 11/1 Regal and will also be on the 10/20 & 10/27 Regal for a b2b2b.

I did receive an email from Princess on 8/21 stating that we would be getting an ***** for the 10/20 Cruise. The letter stated that Princess would not send the ***** prior but we will pick it up during check-in.

Is ***** for Elite only on the 10/20 cruise? We will be on that cruise but didn’t get an email about *****. I don’t think we have any kind of special status. Congrats!

Where did you read that?

The only official announcement I saw said Platinum/Elite get free Internet, but did not specifically say unlimited 24/7. The free minutes that Platinum/Elite have been getting all along satisfies the wording of "free Internet."

Now those who are Platinum/Elite on the CB recently have received the unlimited package recently, but that was supposed to be a temporary benefit.

Sorry can't remember, it probably wasn't specific, maybe wishful thinking on my part, and it didn't say it was going to be permanent, maybe its just an extension of temporary?

I was just on Regal for 25 days and for the first time ever in the last 10 years I did not take my laptop, and then I got the surprise of free 24/7 internet. Used it on my smartphone but it would have been better on the laptop, could have continued to play Word of Warships.

I am wondering about the mention that for a/some Platinum members booked on upcoming cruises are thinking that they will have the currently offered free internet, as they are not seeing the internet package offered.

We are booked on the Regal for December.

One of us is Platinum, one of us is not.

Our cruise personalizer IS offering the MedallionNet internet package, for the week, at $59.95.

I am wondering if other Platinum Members, where both guests are Platinum, who have cruises booked in Nov. / Dec. are seeing the internet package offered to them???

Would be nice if it were still going to be free. But, looks like we don't know!

I am wondering about the mention that for a/some Platinum members booked on upcoming cruises are thinking that they will have the currently offered free internet, as they are not seeing the internet package offered.

We are booked on the Regal for December.

One of us is Platinum, one of us is not.

Our cruise personalizer IS offering the MedallionNet internet package, for the week, at $59.95.

I am wondering if other Platinum Members, where both guests are Platinum, who have cruises booked in Nov. / Dec. are seeing the internet package offered to them???

Would be nice if it were still going to be free. But, looks like we don't know!

I am elite and just got off Caribbean Princess 9/8. Prior to sailing they kept sending me emails that I could book unlimited for 14 days for $99. Luckily people on CC were posting they were on the sailing that ended the morning we got on and said unlimited internet was free so I didn't buy. When I got on board, sure enough, it was free. I don't know what may have happened to others who bought the package.

We are boarding Regal in 7 days in New York with friends who are Platinum. They received info from Princess that internet is FREE on Regal for Platinum passengers.

We are not Platinum, but paid $59.00 for unlimited internet service starting Oct. 6 on Regal. That was the only internet package offered. - EBC

Just came off the Regal (last week) where all Platinum and Elite's got free unlimited internet (for 1 device). When we logged onto the ship's intranet (soon after boarding) the free internet was an option with a click of the mouse. No hassles, no begging for refunds (for previously purchased internet) etc. I cannot even imagine trying to get anything refunded or even corrected with their onboard accounting system We kept having issues with our wine package and even the Guest Relations folks showed some frustration as they kept sending messages to the pursers office to get our account corrected.

Hank