Equinox Live June 16-23, 2018

BermudaBound2014

I’m embarrassed to admit that I don’t know what roti is, but that station is always there...

f486f68df501c8b69a326221567853a5.jpg

425d7795eb9c1ac73199df2444fee518.jpg

I posted the grilling station In another post few days ago, but I appreciate that baked potatoes are available lunch and dinner with toppings... and you guessed it, real bacon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning from the super fun Equinox (last nights gatsby party rocked) where we are enjoying flat seas and sunny skies-

6f3bfa40e76167a88461598d8f414d0b.jpg

Quick answers:

- yes to papaya

- no to they toss, but the empty bowl you see in the Cesar salad section is for you to toss and they have extra large shallow bowls that make self tossing easy.

I need some help please. This flyer was left in my cabin last night. Seems like onboard booking of old days. What is the catch? Says it is 100% refundable and I don’t have to pick a date yet. Does this offer come with less perks than if I actually booked with a solid date in mind?

Here is what I would do. I would book for spring break 2020 (2019 is already booked on anthem again). BUT I work in education and our schedule won’t be set until may 2019. Spring break will either be last week of March or first week of June.

I could book both dates and cancel one if the perks for locking down a date are better.

Also, I would create a booking direct with celebrity and hold it myself and then move it to my TA during one of the few times a year with special rate dates (like Black Friday, etc....).

Finally, someone mentioned that celebrity brought back 2 perks for June July on board booking. Does that mean i would get one extra perk because right now the celebrity site is only showing one perks for spring 2020.

I’ve found forum members every bit as knowledgeable as Staff so your input will be greatly appreciated.

091476f8d7a4dfdf96326b649cdecf9f.jpg

a205dd3d331d4e8c94fdcd261fb66577.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by BermudaBound2014

BermudaBound, don't worry about not noticing the cinnamon roll station; they look much better than they taste! I love Celebrity...but sometimes I think there are two totally different pastry chefs, one with a delicate light hand and then their evil twin.

I'd be interested in know what you find out about whether two perks are back or not. I thought it was still only one. That being said you could always rebook it under a different promo if two perks comes back. (If the prices were to your advantage.) The advantage to the onboard booking is the reduced deposit (still $100 pp even on longer cruises that would be $450 pp) and generally extra OBC from X.

Thanks Helen- I knew I could count on you. I’m most interested in not having to book a set date which gives me the flex I need right now.

On rcl and ncl the perks are less if you don’t lock in a date so if there are no

Differences in perks the open ended dates are very customer friendly.

Pitch perfect sea day- great breeze. Sailing past what I believe to be Cuba starboard side. Great breeze- fun vibe at the pool. I got out here about 9:30 and the majority of chairs were taken on deck 12 outside but we were able to secure some prime real estate in the shade. There was a surprising amount of loungers still available in the solarium which surprised me. All claimed by 10 outside. Office vs guest volleyball stArts in a few, should be a good time.

fcf8505dbc68195fb4bb93d60bbe3153.jpg

a2321e2869af527d015ca91c4ad817fe.jpg

ec4cc16fc8bf168fb86d11ced6be1490.jpg

0238037204e3c04af9c2c85f2ec46482.jpg

Today’s dailies... super active day and night. Not ending with the typical variety show. Full production of Life - which I’ve read is very uplifting. Then silent disco- I had a riot with this concept on the anthem so I’m glad they are repeating it.

ccfdb5da747fe13f390adafc06794047.jpg

c5978bd1011be94962dc9f0f8120ab7a.jpg

78c2dac88506ebf308203ff55484abf8.jpg

70f6dc76c3791f032ce4372366b68d43.jpg

The activity people and Martaan do an exceptional job keeping us entertained with lots of choices. This line has been great for a girls cruise. Sure other lines do better in terms of offering variety at night (we love howl at the moon and comedy clubs), but I’ve never felt slighted for lack of Choice and Martin has really grown on me. He had just the right personality for this job and it doesn’t hurt he is 6’5” and easy to spot.

Last nights Motown was great. The group is called Horizon and they joined the ship in Cozumel so they will be on for a bit. The crowd was super into it- and Horizon was a very high energy interactive Performance.

After was the gatsby party. Super charged. The lack of many different choices in entertainment might actually help in terms of getting the crowd pumped because the parties have been packed. Martaan was a hoot and his side kick is terrific. Last nights party was live on his account which is brilliant marketing. Some pics...

2b43e2968fd14fb18232abf792a3f783.jpg

3bf10ebf391019e52f1319585d50388a.jpg

These are my initial thoughts, which could always be wrong. Just things to think through.

I need some help please. This flyer was left in my cabin last night. Seems like onboard booking of old days. What is the catch? Says it is 100% refundable and I don’t have to pick a date yet. Does this offer come with less perks than if I actually booked with a solid date in mind? It appears you will get whatever promotion that is running when you do decide.

Here is what I would do. I would book for spring break 2020 (2019 is already booked on anthem again). BUT I work in education and our schedule won’t be set until may 2019. Spring break will either be last week of March or first week of June. Spring break in June?

I could book both dates and cancel one if the perks for locking down a date are better. Then you are leaving two deposits.

Also, I would create a booking direct with celebrity and hold it myself and then move it to my TA during one of the few times a year with special rate dates (like Black Friday, etc....).

Keep this in mind while contemplating these deposits/bookings. While they are "deposits" they may be fine, but once you book a date, the below stipulation will apply. I would ask the question about the time limit on transferring the "deposit" as well. I enjoy that extra OBC from my TA.

Reservation & Transfers

Q.Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Celebrity Cruises?

A.Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a travel agent, please complete this form

091476f8d7a4dfdf96326b649cdecf9f.jpg

a205dd3d331d4e8c94fdcd261fb66577.jpg

Hope the above helps some.:confused: And you still have time.

I'm on the June 30th sailing as well, and as far as I know we're still on the original (unmodified) Western itinerary that Visits Grand Cayman before Cozumel and Costa Maya. Did Celebrity contact you telling you otherwise? If so I need to replan our own shore activities... [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, I just noticed this itinerary was different, wondering if ours would be too

Thanks so much for that PD! I did book. There are 2 perks when booking onboard for concierge and above so i booked that. He did mention the 60 day rule. Both NCL and RCl have that same 60 day transfer policy and i have been able to transfer outside of 60 days on both lines several times. I’ll call my preferred agency when I get back just to double check. Spring break will be the last week of March or first week of April in 2020, so I have lots of time to play with this reservation.

Not sure when Maartin ends here on equinox but he was injured playing volleyball yesterday and took the last night off. I’m not sure if it was a split lip or actual tooth issue but he did leave the game holding his mouth :(. Wishing him speedy recovery- he really is awesome.

The last day on ship was superb! They think of everything, right down to making Long Island tea the drink of the day on the last sea day. Maarten can’t be responsible everything- he must have an excellent team working around him. I have honestly never seen a ship work so seamlessly. I am truly impressed.

More on our last day and debarkation later. I am currently checked into the Hilton Fort Lauderdale with a lovely inter coastal and ocean view. I didn’t expect room would be ready so that’s a perk. This hotel doesn’t get great reviews (especially for a Hilton), but I had points to use and the view is great.

Ridessas dripped Cindy off at fll and ubered to the hotel. I am starting a different girls trip for the next 5 days. We call ourselves the grad clan and even though we live in different states we manage to get together often. I have just gotten word that one of the clan has just pulled into valley parking downstairs so a few photos and I’ll check back in later-

Miami this morning

8fb6d539eb9cfb2da3ba6efbdcab5eaa.jpg

And Fort Lauderdale right now where an afternoon thunder shower has developed over downtown but the beach is still sunny.... both from my hotel room

ea2aad78e59d578ce16a62b2a967575c.jpg

3e7073a1eece99385f008f186053b96d.jpg

Enjoyed re-living the week with you. We were on this cruise as well. Was hoping to hear how Maarten was. We were sitting poolside for the Volleyball game and saw him get hit. He looked panicked as he ran for the pool bar. Wasn’t sure if he lost a tooth or split lip, etc. I didn’t see any blood. This was our 3rd sailing on the Equinox this year and we have two more to go in 2018. We love this ship and love the guys at the Martini Bar!

Thanks for the compliment:)

It was a GREAT cruise for sure. We did not see Maarten get hit, but did see him hurriedly leave and get ice from the pool bar. He walk right next to us and we didn’t notice blood but he also kept his mouth closed :(.

In all my years of cruising, he was, hands down, the best cruise director I’ve encountered. There is just something about him, humble yet hilarious.... genuine is the word that comes to mind. We sure do wish him a speedy recovery.

We are still in Fort Lauderdale where it’s hot hot hot. Today’s plans include using the water taxi as our transportation. It’s not the equinox for sure :)

Thanks so much for the live action review! There was only one huge downside of following your journey for me… Realizing just how short it is!

Looking forward to having a similarly wonderful experience on the July 28th sailing. Safe travels home!

Any idea when Maarten leaves the Equinox? I heard that he will be joining the Edge, but not sure if he will be going on vacation first. Wondering if he will still be there on our upcoming cruise.

I got a message from him this morning saying he was leaving the Equinox on July 14th and going on vacation until he starts on the Edge.