Feedback on Embassy Suites near cruise port

Janie1229

Hi, my friend and I are thinking of booking a room for the night before our cruise at the Embassy Suites, i think on 17th Street, near the cruise port in FLL.

Does anyone have feedback on staying here? My friend is very picky about beds and pillows, lol.

thanks!

We have stayed there in the past an love it, we cruise out of Miami in Sept and have booked it again as we fly in to FLL. We are not picky about beds and things but have always had a pleasant stay, also near a nice sports pub for burgers and beer if you are into that.

If you are picky you might not like it there. The rooms are dated for the price they charge. Hilton Marina, Hyatt Place, Renaissance, Four Points By Sheraton, all in the 17th street area are cleaner. This is my experience in the last 3-4 years. We like the Hyatt Place the best out of all above.

Nice hotel with lots of perks and great location, however based on my last visit this past Nov. the ES would be my second choice.

What is your first choice? And what happened in November?

What is your first choice? And what happened in November?

I'm a Diamond member with Hilton and was treated very poorly, some of the low lights, room wasn't ready until 4 p.m., but was told I could check in at noon, room smelled like a mixture of air freshener and bug spray, the elevator situation on check out day was unbelievable. Some suggestions, HIE on 17th St. is OK for the price, Hyatt Place is very nice, and for a change of pace the Riverside in Los Olas is DW's favorite.

Edited by JamesEM
Typo

We are staying there next month and picked it for the size of the rooms and heard the location is good! We stayed last year at Hyatt Place not the convention center one nothing walking distance

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please report back on your thoughts of Embassy Suites. I have a reservation there, and have attempted one with Hyatt Place convention center although haven't heard back from the website for travel.com - when I called the Hyatt they are full for the night we will be there in October.

Please report back on your thoughts of Embassy Suites. I have a reservation there, and have attempted one with Hyatt Place convention center although haven't heard back from the website for travel.com - when I called the Hyatt they are full for the night we will be there in October.

No problem! We liked the size of the room at the Hyatt but the hotel offered limited everything else! I am sure that the convention center one would be similar! I was really torn as to the price too! We are going to use maybe Jiffy Jeff from the hotel to the pier

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have stayed at the Embassy Suites pre-cruise every January for the past couple of years. No complaints. Beds are fine, probably not spectacular but they are ok. Breakfast in the morning is great. Grocery store and restaurants within walking distance. Yes it is dated and could probably use some updating, but we are only there for one night. Staff is friendly. We already have it booked for January 2019.

Have stayed at the Embassy Suites pre-cruise every January for the past couple of years. No complaints. Beds are fine, probably not spectacular but they are ok. Breakfast in the morning is great. Grocery store and restaurants within walking distance. Yes it is dated and could probably use some updating, but we are only there for one night. Staff is friendly. We already have it booked for January 2019.

Thank you for the feedback. I agree, it is only for ONE night for us pre-cruise, so not as big a deal. I believe the Hyatt Place is booked so we'll probably stick with Embassy. Like you said, it's close to grocery so we can pick up sunblock, bug spray, bottled water before we head to the ship, and a decent breakfast is a plus.

We have not stayed there for three years. We found the rooms to be very dark, somewhat dated, and in need of a refresh. We actually wondered if they were going to sell or rebrand the property. They did renovate part of the breafast area. Perhaps by now they have done something with the rooms.

Some people like it because of the 'free' breakfast or evening bar. Those are not big draws for us. It is in a convenient location. We would stay if we had it on a Priceline or Hotwire win. Otherwise we would prefer another property. Nothing wrong with it though, just not to our taste. But if it is only for an overnight it would not matter that much.

Thank you for the feedback. I agree, it is only for ONE night for us pre-cruise, so not as big a deal. I believe the Hyatt Place is booked so we'll probably stick with Embassy. Like you said, it's close to grocery so we can pick up sunblock, bug spray, bottled water before we head to the ship, and a decent breakfast is a plus.

One other poster mentioned the elevator situation. If there are 4 or 5 ships in port, everyone tries to get the elevators at the same time, We went down about 30 minutes earlier before the shuttle and had no problem.

One other poster mentioned the elevator situation. If there are 4 or 5 ships in port, everyone tries to get the elevators at the same time, We went down about 30 minutes earlier before the shuttle and had no problem.

It also helps if you use the back elevators, not the close enclosed ones. They're small and can only hold 2 or 3 people with suitcases.

Roz

We have stayed there twice, and found it perfectly fine. There is good shopping nearby as well. Plus you can catch the little tram in the shopping plaza that will take you right down to the beach area.

We stayed there pre- and post-cruise a couple of years ago. It isn't our favorite hotel in the area, but the price was better at the time than the Hilton and Renaissance and the Hyatt Place was sold out. At the time, I was taking a medicine that did not mix with alcohol, so the evening reception was a waste for me. The food at the reception it wasn't as good as other Embassy Suites we've stayed at. Breakfast was very good as usual.

We had a nice view of the port from our bedroom. I like the suite concept. The rooms are quieter than some other hotels because we don't hear doors slamming from the bedroom area.