Cruise Tickets

maxy35

Having sailed 3 times with RCL over the last four years, i've noticed the tickets have changed in that time (Quality&Type) I'm taking about the actual tickets you get from your TA or through the post.

In the UK it has been anyway!!

Is it just me or is RCL pinching the penny even further year by year. I know it's just tickets, and to some of you it may seem trivial but the money we spend to cruise over the pond you would think the tickets would actually look like different and not like a phone bill!!

I've seen some fancy booklets from other cruise lines that make your vacation feel special, come on RCL. Wise up, enough is enough!!

Thoughts??

E-documents are just fine with me. I see no need to waste all that paper for booklets. You can see everything pertinent to your cruise on the RCI web site, even up to making reservations for various activites before you board. The old paper booklet didn't offer that.

We haven't gotten actual "tickets" in years! Aside from the "souvenir" value to them, it's one less thing to keep track of....no tickets for airlines anymore, and no tickets for ships! Don't know about Amtrak!!!

Considering you don't need anything in the ticket book besides the luggage tags, I can understand the change ... think of all the money being saved by not having to mail those things out. Seems wiser to me to cut back on stuff like that ... it doesn't affect the shipboard experience and you've already paid.

My thought on this is, it´s a great decision to go with e-tickets. Nobody actually needs tickets these days anymore and it´s just a waste to print them. Even when they had the option of paper tickets I always asked them to only get e tickets. I always preferred them. As for the "souvenier value" - I´m a keeper and that´s why I love e-tickets. I can easily store them without cluttering up space in the closet. And they are there to review just a mouse click away, not in some dusty box.

Huh? Tickets? You can always save your seapass if you'd like a souvenier. Im quite happy with everything done online- so much easier to fill out and store etc.

Lamenting the chocolates and towel animals is one thing,but tickets? I don't get it.

I liked the booklet we received on our first cruise too - it's a great souvenir! However, it wasn't very Eco friendly and it was a big booklet to carry around. As others have said, reduce costs here so the onboard experience doesn't deteriorate.

I guess its just me, but I liked the booklet that RCCL sent out on my first cruise. I thought it was nice!

Nope it´s not just you, I liked the booklet on my first cruise as well. But it was a different time back then and after the first time getting it it wore off pretty soon, as it was just the same ol after that. Now when I first got the edocs it was just such a better experience that I never looked back.

Tickets were nice souvenirs but that's the only good thing about them. It's so much easier just carrying one piece of paper.

I do appreciate getting the luggage tags but I can't justify them sending so many! Why 8 tags pp? I'd like to see them do what NCL does & include them in the e-Docs. Print, laminate (or re-enforce with packing tape) & you're good to go.

I've seen some fancy booklets from other cruise lines that make your vacation feel special, come on RCL. Wise up, enough is enough!!

Wise up? I think they did wise up when they got with the times and did away with the paper docs. If the docs had a purpose, I could understand, but your Sea Pass is available on-line and luggage tags can still be ordered. What else was in the docs? Excursions? That's available on-line too and since you are using Cruise Critic, you can look these up just fine.

I do appreciate getting the luggage tags but I can't justify them sending so many! Why 8 tags pp? I'd like to see them do what NCL does & include them in the e-Docs. Print, laminate (or re-enforce with packing tape) & you're good to go.

You can still order them on NCL also and like RCI, you get 8.

If you want the booklet, pay the $35 and they will send it to you.

Most of the other mainstream cruiselines are doing the same thing, so it's not just an RCI thing. On Princess, we had to print our own luggage tags from the website.

Carnival does it too. At least RCL sends out luggage tags .. though those seem like a waste to me too.

Was very suprised that RCI won't let you print out your own tags. You would think they would want us to print out our own tags.

I already have enough garbage at my house to throw out! Less paper!!

We don't need to waste the earth's resources on printing cruise document booklets. And please don't leave your balcony door open. :D

These posts make me smile. Isn't an environmental cruise an oxymoron? Yes the cruise lines should work toward minimizing their

enviromental impact. Having said that it belongs with Hybrid SUV's

and diet cheesecake as self delusional ideas.

Tickets were nice souvenirs but that's the only good thing about them. It's so much easier just carrying one piece of paper.

was it 8 per person? I thought it was only four? oh well, ether way, I used all the tags they sent me on our trip! :eek: :rolleyes:

was it 8 per person? I thought it was only four? oh well, ether way, I used all the tags they sent me on our trip! :eek: :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure it's 8, but definitely at least 6. How much luggage did you take?

Our suitcases have 2 handles so we put a tag on each handle. We each took 1 suitcase for our 9 day cruise leaving several (12? 8?) unnecessary (for us) luggage tags. I think the number they send is excessive for most cruisers.

Archived