How many CCers?

Deb in Markham

Depends on the cruise. I've been on, and am booked on, cruises where the percentage is closer to 7-8%. For instance, on my Sapphire cruise in April 2008, we had 187 signed up for a Mother's Day brunch, and there were some who were on our roll call who didn't sign up. On my Star cruise next March, there are over 200 on the roll call. Other times, there are relatively few.

On our NCL Star Pacific Coast cruise just completed, we had about 3% on the Roll Call, but only about 2% joined in the activities on-board. I was totally stunned by the number.

And that is the largest number on any of my 8 cruises.

Celebrity hosted Meet & Greet had only about 1 1/2%

Princess Med cruise had less than 1%

HAL didn't even do a Meet & Greet

Carnival & Royal Caribbean was too long ago to remember, not sure there was even Cruise Critic then.

Varies by cruise line. For instant Disney is very few since most use the DisBoard instead of CC. Demographics also play a role in regard to how "connected" folks are. But on average probaly around 4% IMO.

There is no way to know as many CC'ers do not identify themselves as being aboard and do not attend the M & G.

You can only count those CC'ers who announce themselves on a Roll Call and/or are present at the M&G but there easily can be just as many who never say they are aboard.

I would think that on average it is between 2 and five percent of the passengers are signed in as cc members and probably almost that many who don't sign in. It varies so much with each cruise.

For our upcoming Ruby Princess cruise it's 7.2%.....

Bob

WOW you have over 200 people on a roll call

that will be huge party :D

Bob, I think the last time I checked we had 450 on the list!! I doubt they'll all show up for the M & G but we're still expecting quite a turnout. :D:D

Bob, I think the last time I checked we had 450 on the list!! I doubt they'll all show up for the M & G but we're still expecting quite a turnout. :D:D

That's huge.

I see it's Ruby Princess.

Is this a CC 'group cruise'?

To date, we have 415 signed up on Liberty of the seas. That's a little over 11%. :eek::p:p

We are on our third Roll Call for this cruise. They shut down the first one after 23K+ posts and the second after 7,300+. Since yesterday, when they opened the new RC we are approaching the 200th post. Very active!

Amazing how some are so active and some so dead. My HAL Panama coming up in a few weeks is pretty much dead other than a M&M being organized. My January Disney I think has been administered the last rights by now.

There is no way to know as many CC'ers do not identify themselves as being aboard and do not attend the M & G.

You can only count those CC'ers who announce themselves on a Roll Call and/or are present at the M&G but there easily can be just as many who never say they are aboard.

I think this hits the point. I would guess that 90% or more of CC members are not active in the sense they join M&G's. The cc member list is almost 12,000 pages long. So maybe 350,000 CC members?

I can see 3-5% or more if it's a special cruise or a CC group cruise, but when I'm just sailed solo so to speak our roll call is rarely more than a couple of dozen people and even if that number were doubled that would be far less than 2%.

Archived