Tornado

rafinmd

I was in the bank today and unless I was really mistaken the lead story appeared to be a tornado touching down in Mesquite, Texas. I hope RevNeal and all his parisioners were spared any injury or damage and best wishes for all the people there.

Roy

Dallas was hit hard.

We watched the tornados -- live -- on the weather channel.

You could actually see tractor trailers being pulled up and tossed down on the ground -- trees -- you name it.

DFW was in the direct path of one of the tornados -- haven't heard how they made out.

We have quite a few CC poeple that live in that area.

Praying like mad for all of our CC members in harms way of these horrific storms!!

My mind is almost a blank as I think of and pray for all that I know live in the area, RevNeal, Dizzy, and so many many many more.

God keep you all in his hands!!!

Joanie

I am north of Dallas. Extensive damage in Arlington and south of Dallas. Not much north. Storm is headed east now and still forming tornados. It has not been a "fun" day here!

I am north of Dallas. Extensive damage in Arlington and south of Dallas. Not much north. Storm is headed east now and still forming tornados. It has not been a "fun" day here!

I cannot even imagine the hell you've gone through today.... BUT, Thank God you are safe!!! I hope all our other CC members can check in and let us know!!

Now I am praying that this system does not spin any twisters in the South East corner of OK, where my baby sister lives in McAlester

Joanie

I hope RevNeal and all his parisioners were spared any injury or damage and best wishes for all the people there.

Greg and his church are fine. He did say that a tornado could be seen from his church, but did not come close enough to it that there was any damage.

His family is fine. I didn't ask about his parishoners, though.

Greg and his church are fine. He did say that a tornado could be seen from his church, but did not come close enough to it that there was any damage.

Thanks Ruth:) Let's hope all our other cc'ers out there are safe too

I went to the interior closet (we don't have basements here) with the cats three times as the sirens went off, but fortunately no damage here. Lots of rain, hail, thunder and lightning. Heard that a twister either touched down or was seen about 3 miles away, and that is close enough for me!

Thanks for this update .

Horrific for everyone affected.

I thank you all for your concern and your prayers. To the best of my knoweldge, my family, friends, and Church-family are all ok. The storms passed overhead and just north of the church. I stood in the doors after the power went out and watched as a circulating funnel cloud passed us by. The power ranging by was quite intoxicating. The scent of the air was ... "shocking." :)

I pray for all those, and their families, who were injured or who lost their lives in the storms today. We had more than 12 tornados slam the DFW Metroplex area ... it was one of the most violent storms in the Dallas area I can ever remember.

Thank you Greg and RuthC for the information. It sounds like there may not have been any fatalities despite that devastation but seems too early to be sure. If so, that would be a true miracle.

Roy

I also live in Dallas area Tornado sirens were going for a good part of the afternoon , also got some hail, the amazing thing is with all the damage that occured there were no deaths in this area.

Yes, it appears there were no deaths ... praise God.

We had 2.5 inch hail. Unreal.

Things are okay in Denton. We had a report of a tornado on campus, but I was at home and have my doubts. Our students get pretty skittish.

Arlington seems to have been the hardest hit, and Lancaster.

I think our great weather forcasters and warning systems here have a lot to do with the saving of lives. We have plenty of notice when storms are coming and continuing advice as to what to do in case of storms. Things could have been much worse yesterday.

Hey Diane...hope all is well. Your neck of the woods made news, all the way up here in Canada...some of the footage spectacularly terrifying.

So happy all is well with you and yours Rev. Neal.. the power of Nature can can be very humbling...the grace of God's protection even more so.

Best Regards to all our Texan CC family

Colleen

Thank you so much for the update.

Archived