$50.00 for in room coffee maker?

I imagine that most cruise lines have rules against anything in the staterooms that might be a fire hazard, that usually includes anything with a heating element. So, I doubt you'd get a steward to break that kind of rule. But,for an advance $50 gratuity, I'd imagine you could get a carafe of fresh hot coffee delivered to your room every morning (or any time of your choosing) if you asked nicely.

It can't hurt to try but don't count on it.

I know the suites have coffee makers in them so maybe the attendant can find an extra for you to use?

I am the same way so understand. I don't belong in society until my second cup. ;)

You can always get room service coffee delivered every morning. You will have to tip a couple of bucks but the coffee is free. That is not an option for hubby and I as we drink chicory coffee.

I imagine that most cruise lines have rules against anything in the staterooms that might be a fire hazard, that usually includes anything with a heating element. So, I doubt you'd get a steward to break that kind of rule. But,for an advance $50 gratuity, I'd imagine you could get a carafe of fresh hot coffee delivered to your room every morning (or any time of your choosing) if you asked nicely.

Actually JS and above have small coffee pots. We have never used the ones provided, but they are there and are not a fire hazard. Whether or not the OP is in a JS or higher or not, they might be able to get a coffee pot from their steward.

RCL cabins Junior Suite and higher have both Coffee and hot water kettles in the cabins, so depending on the type of cabin you have they might be able to get you one.

I guess we all answered at the same time.

Same ships/sailing do provide a coffee maker in the cabin....I find them messy! It's easy to get a pot of HOT coffee delivered to you!

True. Room service will deliver as much coffee as you want:D

RCL cabins Junior Suite and higher have both Coffee and hot water kettles in the cabins, so depending on the type of cabin you have they might be able to get you one.

I guess we all answered at the same time.

Hi there,

we are booked in a JS on Explorer, so does this mean I can bring some Dunkin Donuts coffee with me to make in the room ?!?!? Addicted to D&D coffee.... :D

The coffee makers generally come with 4 cup pods of coffee. Unfortunately, the coffee makers are 2 cup makers. Tends to get very messy. So if you can bring 2 cup pods, that should work out.

The coffee makers generally come with 4 cup pods of coffee. Unfortunately, the coffee makers are 2 cup makers. Tends to get very messy. So if you can bring 2 cup pods, that should work out.

Hmmmm.... thanks for the info .:)

Hi there,

we are booked in a JS on Explorer, so does this mean I can bring some Dunkin Donuts coffee with me to make in the room ?!?!? Addicted to D&D coffee.... :D

I think it would have to be in a pod that would fit the coffee machine.

Hi there,

You can bring it, just don't pack it in a baggie in a fake hairspray can. ;)

Hi there,

Yes. Bring some Mr. Coffee-style filters, too, the small size.

Some ships have gotten the size right, finally. Rhapsody and Navigator had single-serve pods (it's a one mug maker). I can't remember what Jewel had...

We've started bringing Starbucks Via packets with us. I like getting up whenever I feel like it to have my first cup, instead of having room service roust me out of bed because I guessed the wrong time.

I had a coffee maker in my JS and knew they'd provide Seattle's Worst packets that make a 12 cup pot so I bright along my Bodum french press travel mug, my own coffee to make my own using the coffee maker as a kettle... This lasted one day... Too much effort and mess and just staggered to the WJ or Cafe Promenade and grabbed a cup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. Room service will deliver as much coffee as you want:D

I plan to order a pot each morning and just bring along my favourite flavoured creamer. I haven't had a decent cup of "hotel room coffee" yet. :D

She tells me to get up, go get her two cups of coffee and return.

She does not have to pack extra stuff, has no labor involved, never tips me and if the mood strikes her, can demand I go get her a third cup.

I really need a coffee maker in our cabin! Do you think I could tip our cabin steward $50.00 he/she could find one.:o

Unless you are in a suite, you won't find a coffee maker in your cabin on Explorer.

But,for an advance $50 gratuity, I'd imagine you could get a carafe of fresh hot coffee delivered to your room every morning (or any time of your choosing) if you asked nicely.

Well, first of all it won't cost that much and secondly, cabin stewards and Room Service are different departments. :)

OP, you've already had suggestions and I suppose the best one is Room Service but honestly, it's not where you will find the best coffee. ;) IMO, the best coffee on the ship is in the Café Promenade, and it's free. You'll see it there, either in thermoses or machines, toward the back. Much better than Windjammer, dining room, or RS if you ask me. :)

rccl does not have a coffee makers in the room? This will be my first cruise on RCCL...last time I cruised on NCL DAWN it had coffee makers in all rooms.

As posted previously, JS and above DO have coffee makers. Cabins below JS don't.

My problem is I want my coffee when I wake up. I'm really gross when I wake up....I don't want to leave my cabin or have anyone from room service have to see me until I'm showered. I JUST WANT MY COFFEE!!!!!!!

They don't care whether you have showered or not. Seriously? A lot of people order coffee as their wakeup because room service will call you and let you know your order is on it's way.

My problem is I want my coffee when I wake up. I'm really gross when I wake up....I don't want to leave my cabin or have anyone from room service have to see me until I'm showered. I JUST WANT MY COFFEE!!!!!!!

So do what I do, send your husband /cabin mate/child/whoever to go get it for you in cafe promenade and grab a pastry while they are there. Quite simple.

Archived