3 people in a 2 person cabin

kakarp

Has anyone been able to have a cot put into a cabin that does not have a pull down bed or a couch that can be turned into a bed? My DD and DSIL have balcony cabin on Lido deck on the Liberty. The ship is pretty much full and they really don’t want to move their cabin anyway. And it’s booked as ES. Their young adult DD is now thinking of going too, and they would like to know if they can have a cot put into the cabin. I don’t have an answer for them.

Kevin

Has anyone been able to have a cot put into a cabin that does not have a pull down bed or a couch that can be turned into a bed? My DD and DSIL have balcony cabin on Lido deck on the Liberty. The ship is pretty much full and they really don’t want to move their cabin anyway. And it’s booked as ES. Their young adult DD is now thinking of going too, and they would like to know if they can have a cot put into the cabin. I don’t have an answer for them.

Kevin

If the ship is indeed "pretty much full" and the cabin does not have a pull down bed or couch, probably not. But you'll not be able to get an answer here..you're going to have to call the cruise line and ask.

Most cruiselines require that there be an actual bed for each person booked into the cabin....for lifeboat purposes! They could conceivably book too many on the ship (for the capacity of lifeboats) if they allowed "extra" people to put more in a cabin than it could hold.

Carnival Elation does. You can put 5 people in some inside cabins on that ship, and the 5th one gets a cot; but you do have to have all 5 on the booking.

This is irrelevant, as the OP appears to be sailing on Carnival Liberty, a ship launched after the year 2000. If a cabin is listed for only two people, per Coast guard regulations, they CANNOT add another person to the cabin. EM

Thank you all for your replies. All or most of your replies are correct. Because I’m the dad I called Carnival. I have cruised before and I finally got both my kids to take their first cruise. I’ve been trying to get them to cruise for a few years.

Anyway, I’m told that their cabin is not designated for 3 people. Carnival can not and will not put a cot in their cabin. They would have to move cabin, which they really do not want to do. Like my DW said, what if they wanted a private moment. (I wish I knew what she meant). I remember when we took their DD our DGD on a cruise for her 16th b-day I thought, crap I can’t walk around in my skivvies, and my DW told me that we couldn’t have any private moments, (I didn’t know what she meant then either). So I guess my DGD will have to have a friend come and have their own cabin.

Kevin

Like my DW said, what if they wanted a private moment. (I wish I knew what she meant). I remember when we took their DD our DGD on a cruise for her 16th b-day I thought, crap I can’t walk around in my skivvies, and my DW told me that we couldn’t have any private moments, (I didn’t know what she meant then either).

Both my kids are virgins too - just ask their kids! :D

Archived