Put your phone number somewhere in the luggage!

Dayenu

In this thread the poster says, she picked up the wrong bag.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1755142

So I want to remind everybody, put a piece of paper inside with at least your name and phone number!

I always type up my name, phone, hotel name and address going on vacations, and bring another page with my name, phone, work adress coming back (not our home address for safety reasons!)

I put my itinerary inside the bag with my email address as we do not have a cell number hopefully someone would be able to contact the ship or airline depending on where we we are headed to say where the bag is

Name & email is on the luggage tag as well

When we leave from home -- I have our hotel number and street address and our personal information inside the suitcases.

Going to the ship I change to the ship's name and our personal information.

Going home -- time to change information sheets again to our home address, etc.

We have been doing this for years and years.

You should NEVER put your home address....a thief will know that if your luggage is out and about, you probably are, too! That makes your home an easy target! A phonecall to a "cohort" in your town is all it takes! Put your business address, if you MUST put an address at all!

My card that I put in all our suitcases is my business card, with my business address but phone numbers I can be reached at.

The Hotel Director's wife lost two of her three suitcases going home to Guatamalla (sp!) in August. Charleton, SC is the home port of the ship. One was found shortly there after. The third one was found, in Texas, at the end of November! But her ID was on it and she got everything back, just took three months!

You should NEVER put your home address....a thief will know that if your luggage is out and about, you probably are, too! That makes your home an easy target! A phonecall to a "cohort" in your town is all it takes! Put your business address, if you MUST put an address at all!

I think you may have been watching too many television shows.:)

Every time I travel, which is constantly for work, I put a piece of paper with the following:

Name

Phone

Fights and Dates

Hotel(s), incl address and phone

Work address and home airport

I saw a similiar suggestion on CC and put this info (both cell phones....not home) plus hotel and date there for precruise night, the ship and date sailing and ship contact number. Used a bright pink piece of paper on top of clothing (under straps) in suitcase so if opened, couldn't be missed. Beats having them rummage for a card.

I think you may have been watching too many television shows.:)

Just what I was thinking...:rolleyes:

They prolly have yearly conventions as well where they network and form 'alliances' with thief's from other towns and can offer a nationwide 'pick up' service...

Since the board does not have a "like" feature.

Business Address not home address--ever. If you do not have a business address use your church or school as a return address.

Since the board does not have a "like" feature.

Business Address not home address--ever. If you do not have a business address use your church or school as a return address.

On the luggage tag I don't put an address, just my cell phone number. My work address on the inside of the luggage.

Archived