Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Ship: Azamara Journey

Cabin: 8012, Veranda Plus

Cruise Date: 5-6-23- 5-18-23. 12 Nights Mediterranean Intensive

Pros: Sleeps 3. You get a bottle of liquor of your choice. (Within Reason) Near the elevator.

Cons: Cabin 8012 is directly across from the so-called flower shop, but it was also where the cabin stewards kept their carts and kept cabin supplies there, so they were going in and out frequently in the morning and the evening and the door slams shut. 

Tyler

• 3 weeks later...

Hope you all enjoyed the cruise as much as we did, sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up but thanks for all your helpful inputs before the cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and other posters were right, despite the pre-cruise hassles, the on-board experience was as good as ever!  Till the next one!!!  Happy holidays!

Jan and Neil 

On 5/25/2023 at 11:24 AM, tyler6597 said:

Ship: Azamara Journey

Cabin: 8012, Veranda Plus

Cruise Date: 5-6-23- 5-18-23. 12 Nights Mediterranean Intensive

Pros: Sleeps 3. You get a bottle of liquor of your choice. (Within Reason) Near the elevator.

Cons: Cabin 8012 is directly across from the so-called flower shop, but it was also where the cabin stewards kept their carts and kept cabin supplies there, so they were going in and out frequently in the morning and the evening and the door slams shut. 

Tyler

Did you use the pull out sofa during your cruise? If you did, where did the little table go? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Cabin 4034 on the Journey

It is an accessible cabin very close to Guest Relations

not far from elevators

very quiet

has large shower with curtain

has comfy bed and pillows

has a small couch and a chair as well

would book this cabin again.

Wendy

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

Cabin 4034 on the Journey

It is an accessible cabin very close to Guest Relations

not far from elevators

very quiet

has large shower with curtain

has comfy bed and pillows

has a small couch and a chair as well

would book this cabin again.

Wendy

We have this cabin in November on the Onward.  Can anyone comment on the couch and/or chair on this ship?  My husband will probably spend time in the cabin.

8 hours ago, BuddyR said:

We have this cabin in November on the Onward.  Can anyone comment on the couch and/or chair on this ship?  My husband will probably spend time in the cabin.

we were in the Journey 4047 recently.  The sofa was reasonable in that hubby sat on it to read at times.  Like most ships so many chairs etc are uncomfortable that I think he wasnt constantly complaining! 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

21 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

we were in the Journey 4047 recently.  The sofa was reasonable in that hubby sat on it to read at times.  Like most ships so many chairs etc are uncomfortable that I think he wasnt constantly complaining! 

In cabin 4034 on the Journey the couch was okay.  There were a few big cushions that I could put behind for support or remove them if I wanted.   The chair was heavy to move on the carpet.   It is in front of the mirror and cabinet with drawers and good lighting.

2 hours ago, mexico8 said:

In cabin 4034 on the Journey the couch was okay.  There were a few big cushions that I could put behind for support or remove them if I wanted.   The chair was heavy to move on the carpet.   It is in front of the mirror and cabinet with drawers and good lighting.

One of the problems I remember from a previous cruise, I think the quest, was that there was no mirror over the desk where the hair dryer was.  There was a huge mirror next to the bed and even an outlet near the bed but of course it was a 220v outlet while their hair dryer was 110v.  Love, love, loved that mirror.  

1 hour ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

One of the problems I remember from a previous cruise, I think the quest, was that there was no mirror over the desk where the hair dryer was.  There was a huge mirror next to the bed and even an outlet near the bed but of course it was a 220v outlet while their hair dryer was 110v.  Love, love, loved that mirror.  

On the Journey the mirror was above the desk and there were plugs to use for the hair dryer.

1 hour ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

17 hours ago, mexico8 said:

On the Journey the mirror was above the desk and there were plugs to use for the hair dryer.

Hopefully all the desks now have mirrors!  I was surprised that the plug by the bed was European.  Not a big deal it just surprised me, we always have adapters.   Personally, I like those outlets better as they hold the plugs better.  

Has anyone utilized the pull out sofa in the veranda suites? Traveling on the Pursuit and it's listed as "child's bed", but Azamara says it's a convertible couch to a twin.. Room seems very tiny for that to be practical. Any input would be great. Thank you

Looking to alternatives to what has been described as the tiny shower in the cabin (Pursuit 8015). Not opposed to showering up at the pool or spa, but wanted to check to see if those showers were accessible and had the amenities, shampoo, soap, towels, etc. Thank you! Enjoy your vacation!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Whitby100 said:

I don’t believe bars of soap are provided but pretty sure there were wall dispensers with shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. Towels are there.  Now I am curious if bars of soap are provided in cabin?  

Yes, bars of soap are provided in cabins along with shampoo, conditioner, shower gel & body lotion

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FranYAlice said:

Looking to alternatives to what has been described as the tiny shower in the cabin (Pursuit 8015). Not opposed to showering up at the pool or spa, but wanted to check to see if those showers were accessible and had the amenities, shampoo, soap, towels, etc. Thank you! Enjoy your vacation!

I've taken hundreds of showers in those "tiny showers" and have never felt a need for finding an alternative (and I'm not a little person).  Just shake my head at people making big deals out of nothing.

• Like 6

Just now, marinaro44 said:

I've taken hundreds of showers in those "tiny showers" and have never felt a need for finding an alternative (and I'm not a little person).  Just shake my head at people making big deals out of nothing.

Good to hear -- I'm a bit "fluffy" as they say and I like to have "plan B" ready -- this is good news!!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 6:28 PM, BuddyR said:

I was in here in Feb this year. No chair or sofa.  A chair did appear. Same in the adjacent accessible cabin.  Maybe the sofa is in one of the fake containers in Shanghai that are constantly referred to and lied about. 
Great space, overall. 
Zero storage in the bathroom.  Slightly inconvenient.  Shower curtain required a little attention which happened.  New join housekeeping girl was great.  Forget her name unfortunately.
Unprompted she clearly spent some time deep cleaning. 

Cabin: 8006

Ship: Onward

Date: July 2023

Type: Club Continent Suite

Choose again: NO

Noise: A bit from above and from service door in hallway

Comments: I can live with the noise but the furniture is horrible. Balcony chairs with no back support and one large chair with very low and hard seating in the room.