Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

Off the grid a bit, but for the life of me, I cannot find the size of any of their cabins on any of their ships anywhere.  Not even on the Azamara site!!  I wonder why. I have heard they are a bit smaller than other cruise lines compared to them. Can anyone explain why or tell me where I can find the size of the cabins?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Bone1 said:

Off the grid a bit, but for the life of me, I cannot find the size of any of their cabins on any of their ships anywhere.  Not even on the Azamara site!!  I wonder why. I have heard they are a bit smaller than other cruise lines compared to them. Can anyone explain why or tell me where I can find the size of the cabins?

Thanks!

You could try looking for the size of cabins on Oceania's R-ships (Insignia, Nautica, Regatta, Sirena), since they are identical in this respect to Azamara's ships.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You could try looking for the size of cabins on Oceania's R-ships (Insignia, Nautica, Regatta, Sirena), since they are identical in this respect to Azamara's ships.

Azamara does have the square footage of the cabins, just not the dimensions 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Belfastman said:

I believe 6088 has a full shower and no bath.

My apologies for posting false information.  I should have known better as I saw a long time ago a video of 6091 showing the combination.  I just forgot.  Belfastman, I note in a prior comment that you stayed on deck 8 Owner's Suite.  Do you know if 8067 has the combo?  I hope not.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Big Timber said:

My apologies for posting false information.  I should have known better as I saw a long time ago a video of 6091 showing the combination.  I just forgot.  Belfastman, I note in a prior comment that you stayed on deck 8 Owner's Suite.  Do you know if 8067 has the combo?  I hope not.  Thanks.

8067 has the big shower and no bath.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Travelingwithstyle said:

Does anyone know if there is a clock on the nightstand near the bed in the new onward cabins. 

Thank you...

No clocks

• Like 1

Cabin: 7000 Veranda Plus

Ship:   Onward, April 2023

Noise: No issue whatsoever

Balcony: This cabin is at the very bow of the ship - beautiful views, immediately under the bridge. It had a deep space forward for a rectangular table and plenty of leg room. 

Book again?: Definitely! It was a great value - we don’t get motion sick but honestly didn’t feel any increased motion compared to locations at any other part of the ship. It had a shower with the curtains but it all worked out quite well. Bed was super comfy!

• Like 4

Cabin: 8055 (Club Continental Suite)

Ship:   Journey, April 2023

Noise: Small amounts of daytime nose (primary at lunchtime) from The Patio directly above with people moving chairs, and also from crew moving tables from quite early on disembarkation day. 
As a newbie to cruising, I have noting to compare it with at sea, but felt one air conditioning vent was particularly loud (reporting it didn't make a difference).
No noise whatsoever from stairwell & lifts, despite being right next to them.
No rattling or any other sounds not noted above.

Balcony: Very good sized balcony with three comfortable chairs and a table.. 
Other things: Bed was very comfortable.  Location fantastic.  Shower in a CC cabin easily big enough. More than enough storage.  Comfortable seat and desk chair.  Compared to sitting in the Living Room (2 decks up and at the bow of the ship), I was surprised just how little motion we felt in the cabin, but even in the Living Room, that movement was only really noticeable on the final evening.

Book again?: Probably I'd pick another similar cabin nearby, if only to see if the air conditioning was quieter.

On 4/16/2023 at 11:24 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was just on an Azamara ship and they probably do Not want you looking at how Small the Window and basic veranda cabins are.

There is very little closet space and the shower is so small its comical.

If I could pay for a Suite I would sail with them again but I think we are One and Done.

On 4/12/2023 at 12:01 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

Presumably you don’t use the Oceania ‘R’ class ships - Sirena, Regatta, Insignia & Nautical as their cabins & bathrooms are exactly the same size as those on Azamara.

Thanks for the warning!

41 minutes ago, D. B. said:

I was just on an Azamara ship and they probably do Not want you looking at how Small the Window and basic veranda cabins are.

There is very little closet space and the shower is so small its comical.

If I could pay for a Suite I would sail with them again but I think we are One and Done.

I always found the Window room storage more/bigger than most.  The area however seemed small at times but once you got to the open area it felt like we had ore space at the bottom of the bed than most.  

It’s been a while since I’ve been in a regular Oceanview but I doubt much has changed.  I can say, for sure, that the lateral rooms, think obstruct view wider than deeper, barely have enough room for one person!  Because all the walls have doors on them or are too close to the window to do much more than walk by, figuring out what to do with suitcase, etc is difficult.  (and no my suitcase will not go under the bed.) The room was okay for 7 days as we were in port most days and we moved to a balcony for the next 24 days, planned. 

4 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

It’s been a while since I’ve been in a regular Oceanview but I doubt much has changed.  I can say, for sure, that the lateral rooms, think obstruct view wider than deeper, barely have enough room for one person!  Because all the walls have doors on them or are too close to the window to do much more than walk by, figuring out what to do with suitcase, etc is difficult.  (and no my suitcase will not go under the bed.) The room was okay for 7 days as we were in port most days and we moved to a balcony for the next 24 days, planned.

These are the Category 08 Obstructed View cabins.  Oceania has made these Single cabins, which is more realistic given their small size and configuration and means that singles can get a good deal on every cruise – I wish Azamara would do the same.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

These are the Category 08 Obstructed View cabins.  Oceania has made these Single cabins, which is more realistic given their small size and configuration and means that singles can get a good deal on every cruise – I wish Azamara would do the same.

That sounds like a reasonable solution although it seems many cruiselines are giving singles the least desirable rooms!  By that I mostly mean no real outside light!  

3 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

That sounds like a reasonable solution although it seems many cruiselines are giving singles the least desirable rooms!  By that I mostly mean no real outside light!  

I think it's a great solution for these cabins.  They have outside light, and some of them (if you know which ones peek between lifeboats) even have a view.  And some people actually like the layout [I have no personal experience with them]  If you replace the bed with something a little narrower [is there such as thing as a 3/4 bed?] if would make the room feel fairly spacious for a single, and the bathroom is no worse than any other non-suite cabin on an R-ship.

I was in 6036 for a cruise a few years ago and really liked it. The cabin was positioned between lifeboats so there was plenty of light. The problems were that you had to be careful with keeping blinds open when the crew was out there. I would also recommend a smaller bed. A Queen or double would make the room feel more spacious. But for one person it is great. I saved about $1,500 on this cabin and would choose it again.

the location is great too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I think it's a great solution for these cabins.  They have outside light, and some of them (if you know which ones peek between lifeboats) even have a view.  And some people actually like the layout [I have no personal experience with them]  If you replace the bed with something a little narrower [is there such as thing as a 3/4 bed?] if would make the room feel fairly spacious for a single, and the bathroom is no worse than any other non-suite cabin on an R-ship.

we could see through the life boats which meant we could see the weather at least.  The walls were also thinner than I’ve experienced since and honestly we kept forgetting it was 3 am — jetlag!  For that room the window was nearest the head of the bed so you could only see out sitting on the bed.   I don’t recall where the desk was if there was one but the only place for it would have been next to the window. 

there are 3/4 beds you an see them mostly in model homes!  There are also actually two widths for twins too.  

It seemed to me that there was quite a bit of floor space as it was all together, with no halls needed.  But you really needed to be careful that after a shower you didn’t hit someone in the closet.

ultimately, I do think that they need just single occupants.  Then there are no voices through the walls and more space than many other lines have for their solo rooms.  I’m also told that the new rooms where shore and the sitting areas used to be are less square footage though I’ve not seen them.  (My cruise on the pursuit, Dec 2021, would have had me in one of those rooms.  The cruise was cancelled.) 

1 hour ago, ptrpanpens said:

I was in 6036 for a cruise a few years ago and really liked it. The cabin was positioned between lifeboats so there was plenty of light. The problems were that you had to be careful with keeping blinds open when the crew was out there. I would also recommend a smaller bed. A Queen or double would make the room feel more spacious. But for one person it is great. I saved about $1,500 on this cabin and would choose it again.

the location is great too.

l’ve been in rooms on the fourth deck where  you need to be careful of the windows too!   Our cruise was a last minute add on to our subsequent repositioning.  It was actually less than an interior as I recall.  And yes for that cruise I’d have been happy with an interior cabin.  

i agree I liked the location but I’ve not been in any rooms that were particularly bad.  4004 was a bit of an adventure in high seas, gala 8 as I recall.  We were told 8-9 meter seas. For most of the time we had a underwater window or so it seemed!  Only once did I hear the show rehearsal.  

I don’t recall the veranda numbers we had but neither was particularly noisy, one on aft starboard deck 6 one on mid to forward port deck 7.  Deck 6 had more engine noises but they could be pushed to the background as they droned on. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Billy Butlin said:

Hi.

Notwithstanding challenges around seeing cabin availability is there a way of identifying which Continental Suites on Pursuit have a walk in shower and which have a bath. Does one of the icons specify?

Regards

The triangle denotes cabins with a bath (tub) which has the shower over it, so cabins without the triangle have walk in showers.

Cabin Number: 4000

Ship: Onward

Month/Year sailed: April 2023

Would you choose this room again Y/N: No

Is noise an issue Y/N: YEs - the anchor chain makes a really loud noise when docking, and I like to sleep past 5am which seemed to be the approx time we docked daily.  Also you hear the entertainment from Deck 5 above in the evenings, if you go to bed before it ends.  Luckily Guest Relations eventually  moved us, but it took 4 days of asking.

Balcony size Normal/Larger/Smaller - none, just a window

Any other comments (keeping these succinct so the spreadsheet does not grow too much)