Do you sleep with a fan?

BlueEyesMI

I sleep with a fan on, both for some white noise and a little bit of air movement. I feel like there might be enough white noise on the ship, but I'm not sure. For those other fan addicts out there - do you do ok without one, or do you bring a small fan? Thanks.

I sleep with a fan on, both for some white noise and a little bit of air movement. I feel like there might be enough white noise on the ship, but I'm not sure. For those other fan addicts out there - do you do ok without one, or do you bring a small fan? Thanks.

No, my wife.;)

john

Only battery operated fans are allowed. Electric fans will be taken and kept until the end of the cruise.

Many here report that the take the small battery fans. I take a sound machine.

I have a 'sound machine' app on my iPhone. I keep my iPhone plugged in all night and let the app run.

I like air circulation at night and find that the a/c systems on cruise ships are good at that.

However I was just in a hotel where I would have given a lot of money to have a fan and I couldn't go shopping!

I sleep with a fan on at home, but haven't on the ship. Usually the motion rocks me to sleep, and the room temperature is just as I like it. I'm usually beat from the day, and fall right asleep, in most cases.

Happy Sailing!!!!

I bring a small electric fan.....a battery powered fan will not last an entire week for 8-9 hours per night. I MUST have direct airflow....don't really care about the "white noise"....I have terrible hot flashes and if I don't have moving air immediately, I could cause quite a ruckus!!!

For those of us with hot flashes, it's not enough to be in a cool room....it's the AIR movement that is important!!!!

I sleep with a small fan on, even with the air conditioner going. I also take a small sound machine on the cruise (I have it on every night at home as well) with me. Between that and the rocking of the ship I sleep much better than I do at home. I just wish I could cruise constantly and not have to go back home but I couldn't afford that; plus I'd miss my dog too much:(.

I always sleep with a fan on at home. I like the air movement. I did not need it on the ship. I think the reason was that the air vents were on the ceiling (where mine at home are on the floor) so I got the air movement.

Cunard allows you to bring a fan but they have to check it first. I read of a cruise line that has a few that can be borrowed but can't remember which one.

I use a small sound machine at home & when I travel -- have for years. It plugs in (or batteries) and has been on several Princess ships. However, my roomie has a CPAP machine, so I may not need the "white noise" this time.

If your cabin is a Riviera porthole you can hear the waves crashing, you can also see them. The ship always purrs, so I have never needed to create a new noise. I always pack a fan, but the air conditioning or the outside temps have been cold enough to keep me bundled at night. If you like the wind on your face, then take a small battery operated fan. You really dont need it on for 8 hours, who sleeps for 8 hours on a cruise?

We have to have a fan to sleep. It keeps the temperature constant and blocks out hallway noise. I have used it on NCL, RCL, and Carnival and never had a problem. I found a smallish one that puts out good air flow and makes just the right amount of noise. When Wal-Mart puts them on clearance in the fall I buy several. If I need room for souvenirs on the way home I just leave the fan behind.

DVD player and earphones for me. :o We also hook the DVD player to the TV for movies. On our Panama Canal full transit we watched the entire 3 season collection of Downton Abbey after dinner every night. :) We're not big night owls, but our dinner lasted til 10pm, so ship's shows were usually under way or over.

I was debating on whether to bring sound machine or not - our son sleeps with one, and we usually bring it with us. But he listens to waves crashing - can you hear those in our room?

I downloaded a white noise app (includes many sounds) onto my Kindle and have a small speaker to play it. Surprisingly I have never needed to on a ship!

Archived