Allure and propulsion problems.

bilyclub

No, the oringal departure time was 2 PM.

I did discover something about departure times for both Oasis and Allure. Allure's published (in print) time was originally 3pm. Who knows when it actually switched to 2pm. I only just discovered this when I was reviewing an email from the concierge for our Oasis sailing next week. The attached is our schedule from the concierge:

Note: please see the Oasis of the Seas Itinerary:

Day 1 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30 pm

Day 2 Nassau, Bahamas 7:30 am to 2:00 pm

Day 3 Cruising AT SEA

Day 4 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 9:30 am to 5:30 pm

Day 5 Phillpsburg, St. Marteen 7:30 am to 4:30 pm

Day 6 Cruising AT SEA

Day 7 Cruising AT SEA

Day 8 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 6:15 am

We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me back if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Allan Fajardo & Israel Sanchez

When DW and I were reviewing the schedule, we noticed changes from our Oasis cruise in August -- times have been adjusted. So I dug out my 2013-2014 RCI planner

57a24082-3c21-4f80-8d1b-a54bf9444019_zps29edc5e6.jpg

and flipped to the correct page. I discovered Oasis and Allure did not have the same port times when both ships were able to sail at normal speed.

8d99274e-c410-47a8-9e6d-adf80d877081_zpsd1edacca.jpg

Before anybody mentions it, I have read my cruise contract and I am aware ships can deviate ports and schedules at any given point in time. The interesting thing is, I have sailed on both ships (Eastern itinerary) and never noticed the difference in times of departure between Allure and Oasis. I guess this Allure topic on its slower cruising speeds, along with my upcoming cruise port times, got me looking at port schedules.

To A&L ONT post- I am on the Oasis of the Seas next week also. I just read your post about time changes and called a rep. from RC. They denied any changes- they may not have the info. Did you pre- book any excursions with RC? I booked the ship excursion to St.John from St.Thomas. I wonder if the time will change- we are not suppose to leave till 1115 and I think it is 6hrs long? Did you receive any updated info. on excursion times? Thanks. Julie

To A&L ONT post- I am on the Oasis of the Seas next week also. I just read your post about time changes and called a rep. from RC. They denied any changes- they may not have the info. Did you pre- book any excursions with RC? I booked the ship excursion to St.John from St.Thomas. I wonder if the time will change- we are not suppose to leave till 1115 and I think it is 6hrs long? Did you receive any updated info. on excursion times? Thanks. Julie

Hi Jamin Jul. This is what we got from the concierge, but it didn't really concern us to much. We emailed them back, questioning the time difference, but have yet to hear back. We have no ship excursions booked, as we do our own stuff. For example this cruise we are going to Coki Beach, but normally we taxi to Megan's Bay. We have not heard anything officially from RC.

If you want my honest guess I think the concierge might have posted the all aboard time, not the sail times. We sailed Oasis in August and the typical departure times are usually 30 minutes after the all aboard. If that is accurate then we should be right on the published time that is on the Oasis photo in my previous post. As for arrival times in August we were a bit later for our arrival in St Thomas, but Nassau and St Martin were right on time. If you are on a ship tour they will not start the excursion without you if the ship is late getting in to port. The ship will also not leave without you, so long as you personally don't deviate from the tour.

On a previous sailing we arrived about an later due to the fact that we had to back into the harbour and pier from out in the open waters. The Captain announced, to make up for the delayed arrival, all aboard would be an hour later as St Martin is only a few hours away.

Hope this helps. Any other questions let me know. I didn't post it on our roll call as I think it there aren't really timing issues to worry about.

Getting excited yet?

Andrew

I'm sorry, I meant is 12:30 the same 'new' departure time (from Nassau) as the previous 2 Eastern itineraries.

That's how I read it. We don't know when the ship will arrive in Nassau, but I don't see any reason to believe it will be the originally scheduled time. It follows that St Thomas will likewise be affected.

I did discover something about departure times for both Oasis and Allure. Allure's published (in print) time was originally 3pm. Who knows when it actually switched to 2pm. I only just discovered this when I was reviewing an email from the concierge for our Oasis sailing next week. The attached is our schedule from the concierge:

Note: please see the Oasis of the Seas Itinerary:

Day 1 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30 pm

Day 2 Nassau, Bahamas 7:30 am to 2:00 pm

Day 3 Cruising AT SEA

Day 4 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 9:30 am to 5:30 pm

Day 5 Phillpsburg, St. Marteen 7:30 am to 4:30 pm

Day 6 Cruising AT SEA

Day 7 Cruising AT SEA

Day 8 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 6:15 am

We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me back if you have any questions.

If you want my honest guess I think the concierge might have posted the all aboard time, not the sail times.

Hope this helps. Any other questions let me know. I didn't post it on our roll call as I think it there aren't really timing issues to worry about.

Getting excited yet?

Andrew

I think you are right about that as departure from Ft. Lauderdale is listed as 4:30 and I have never seen Oasis or Allure sail out before 5 PM.

A post from Truckswain:

"We are live on the Allure as well. At the pier at 10:45am. Through security and checking in 10 minutes. Waited in the C&A Platinum area for 20 minutes and on the ship by 11:30am. The ship is amazing.

We are in Nassau currently. Arrived at 7:30am and all on board by 12:30pm. No word on any time changes for arrival or departure in St. Thomas.

I refuse to post port times in that Allure Propolsion thread as the thread has become useless and a way to criticize just for the hell of it".

Since this person has contributed a total of 5 whole times since joining CC in 2006, I would consider this a compliment.

Will someone explain what excursion can you take that begins on a Monday morning between 7:30 and 11:30, allowing travel time?

Like the other px's I have not mentioned this to my family but should Royal cancel trips to make repairs, then what happens to the fair that early booking customers paid for should we want to switch to the Oasis. The fare increase could be several hundred dollars pp and the wait for availability could be many, many months. Has anyone come across something like this??

Any tour operator that wants some of those four thousand passengers to surrender some money will work something out....

I did discover something about departure times for both Oasis and Allure. Allure's published (in print) time was originally 3pm. Who knows when it actually switched to 2pm.

When I booked Allure in 2011 the departure time for Nassau was 2pm. When fuel prices dropped late that year it was moved back to 3pm. A couple of months before our late April cruise (pre-propulsion issues) it was moved back to 2pm again.

Any tour operator that wants some of those four thousand passengers to surrender some money will work something out....

I'm surprised that (apparently) RCI isn't working with their excursion vendors to adjust their excursions to the nominal revised Nassau and St Thomas port times. This would resolve my concerns. ken

Edited by Ken076

So, what if someone specifically chose Allure and the eastern itinerary or Oasis and the western itinerary? Why make even more people upset?

And that would be me.

We did Oasis Western, and now are booked for Allure Eastern.

Edited by LA_CA_GAL

I'm surprised that (apparently) RCI isn't working with their excursion vendors to adjust their excursions to the nominal revised Nassau and St Thomas port times. This would resolve my concerns. ken

Many of those vendors are keeping up with the arrival times without help from RC. At least from Mid April to Early Oct, Allure if the only ship in port in many cases (excluding Nassau) When they changed my arrival time in St Thomas I emailed my dive excursion and they already knew. There were four of us on that dive all from Allure.

That's how I read it. We don't know when the ship will arrive in Nassau, but I don't see any reason to believe it will be the originally scheduled time. It follows that St Thomas will likewise be affected.

Nassau is about 165 nm from Ft Lauderdale. Allure would have to sail at about 10 knots to not arrive in Nassau at it's originally scheduled time. Which makes the reported earlier departure from Ft Lauderdale somewhat puzzling.

Edited by broberts

^

A post just a few above yours showed them in 30 minutes late, just like the last several eastern Caribbean Allure itineraries.

A post from Truckswain:

We are in Nassau currently. Arrived at 7:30am and all on board by 12:30pm. No word on any time changes for arrival or departure in St. Thomas.

Edited by PAL_1

Someone else posted this in a live post today:

We are in cabin 14250. Nice. Not too big but big enough. A lot of storage. We are on the Port side superior balcony We pulled into Nassau at 6:42 am ( I was awake) and by 7:10 people who were on tours were disembarking. You will have to be back on the ship by 12:30. There are two Celebrity ships and a Aida.de (German) ship also in port. I was amazed that we went into port back end first so the port side was pier side. More to follow.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Seems to me that if they keep running the Allure on two pods, which was designed to run on three, that it would put a lot more strain on the two left running maybe increasing the possibility of one of those having issues. Anyway just a thought, not a ship engineer. :)